PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Advice?

Grayso
01-10-2003, 09:46 PM
I am going to get a minimmag, and was wondering what firepower upgrades I could, that could safely run off of CO2. I know I can't get the RT Valve for CO2, but does anyone know some good upgrades to get it shooting faster on CO2. Also, I have heard of automags "short stroking" if you don't use them right. What is this and how can I prevent it?

Spray Painter
01-10-2003, 10:10 PM
you could get an intellframe to help your ROF. if you take time to learn the trigger(pull and release all the way) you won't short stroke.

-edit- short stroking is when you pull the trigger but don't release it all the way and pull it again. if you short stroke then you chop. short stroke=bad

Hornet
01-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Why do I always chop paint in my Mag when I shoot fast?
More then likely this is caused by the fact that you are short stroking the gun. This occurs when you don't allow the trigger to completely return forward and you fire a shot. When the gun is short stroked, the bolt is released too early, which cuts the ball in half while it is dropping into the chamber. The way to alleviate this problem is to practice firing the gun and focusing on allowing the trigger to come all the way forward with each shot

from the FAQ section

if your running it on CO2 (like i did awhile back) i would get a expansion chamber for sure

a Automag Reacter valve
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/011-1000-015.html

ANS Automag Xtreme Flow Valve
http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/011-1000-121.html

i have both of these on my mini but i run it on air so idk

Kevmaster
01-10-2003, 10:15 PM
short stroking is not letting the trigger go al the way forward and then repulling. it causes chops. you can prevent this with two items sold by AGD...
1) LEvel 10 bolt mod
2) an intelliframe

FooTemps
01-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Don't bother w/ the reactor valve and ans valve... It won't do anything for your mag.

FalconGuy016
01-10-2003, 10:35 PM
If you want to run your mag off c02 the best, buy a Palmer Stabilzer to screw into your veritcal ASA and run your c02 from that. It will make c02 work very well in the mag, and mabye get anti siphon tank.

An intelliframe will definatly help your rate of fire.