PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay for the ability to have Dye grips on your emag?

FalconGuy016
01-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Would you pay for the ability to have Dye grips on your emag?
Edit: I am making something that will allow you to have it, but I will only actually start physically producing them if I know people will buy them.

If im stupid and there is already a way, hit me
Edit again: I am actually MAKING something that will let you use Dye grips on your emag! (Or any .45, but im just going to work on Dye for now since its the most popular)

WARPED1
01-10-2003, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't touch another DYE product if my life depended on it.IMO you pay outrageous prices for average quality items,that's why you got to buy AGD stuff,average prices but high quality!YAAAAAAY AGD!:D

Dern
01-10-2003, 11:31 PM
Let's generalize the Question to Rubber Molded grips then, that are nice LIKE DYE stickies or smart parts or 32* etc etc. Fry Mark designs can do it though :)

FalconGuy016
01-10-2003, 11:37 PM
yes, I am talking about putting any .45 grip on the emags, but for now im going to work with Dye grips. How can you not like Dye grips? :) They are so soft and... good :)

Hornet
01-10-2003, 11:45 PM
im still trying to figure out y AGD wouldnt move to a .45 frame for the 68 and the mini

Rynoboy06
01-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Try a search, you'll get at least two full-sized polls asking this question. And yes, Frymarker makes rubber wrap-arounds for emags, at very nice prices.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Well..i can tell you with all honesty and certainty that Dye will never make Emag grips..it's not going to happen no matter what anyone says or whatever petitions you sign. DYE will tell you that they do not ever plan to expand anything they make for Mags. They only built and sold 50 mag frames last year and that number was told to me by one of the managers at Dye. At least in Dye's eyes emags = no money, no profit no upgrades no nothing..so just face it..it's not going to happen...

FalconGuy016
01-11-2003, 01:02 AM
No, I am literally saying, I will make something that will actually let you use Dye grips and essentially any .45 grip on the emag.

In response to hornet
68's and mini's have .45 grips, dont they?

PsychoBaller
01-11-2003, 02:41 AM
is already working on this project...

and in any case.. the wrap arounds she has now are pretty sweet anyway.

next question....

~da baller

The Frymarker
01-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Yes Falcon I am working on this project.

I ran out of supplies last week and I am waiting for them to arrive, until they do all I can do is wait.

Don't worry when I am finished, I think everyone will like what they see.

I am only one person, not a team of workers, I can only produce items so fast. Actually I think I am doing a pretty good job of getting new designs out there fast.

However I have other projects on the side that I work on and I do my best to fulfill each one when people need them by.

All I ask is a little patience.

FalconGuy016
01-11-2003, 10:51 AM
you are? the only restriction I have right now is finding a place that will cut the metal for me

50 cal
01-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Not NO, but heck NO !! Dye stuff is waaay the heck over priced. No Dye stuff touches my paint gear.

FalconGuy016
01-11-2003, 11:35 AM
I think Dye grips are the best, as overpriced as they might be

shartley
01-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 50 cal
Not NO, but heck NO !! Dye stuff is waaay the heck over priced. No Dye stuff touches my paint gear.
I would agree with SOME of their stuff is a bit overpriced.... but not all. Their grips are very nice, and their tank covers are in my opinion the best on the market and worth every cent.

WARPED1
01-11-2003, 03:33 PM
ER makes the best "stickies",they even have timer grips for the non LCD owners.

nato
01-11-2003, 10:15 PM
They would look pretty good but to sell them would be a waste of time for two reasons... 1) If someone would buy these grips you would have to make the price hefty enough to make it worth using up your time (time=money) 2)If they are really expensive I doubt people will care to use that much money because they would probably make it on their own anyways. I may be wrong but if I were to make them to sell to people I would have to make it worth my time... meaning raising the price.

N.A.T.O.

Mossman
01-12-2003, 12:15 AM
Guys guys guys.

he is not making grips.

I believe he is trying to make a thin panel of metal that screws into the emag's holes and then has threads for standard .45 holes as well.

As I have never even held stickies over an emag grips, I dont know what problems may arise, but it seems like a decent idea but i dunno if your gonna sell many.

Anyhow, i could use grips made of sandpaper....grips dont really bother me, my shooting hand doesnt grip the gun too much.

magman007
01-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by WARPED1
ER makes the best "stickies",they even have timer grips for the non LCD owners.

Heh thats funny, as houge makes dyes stickies for dye, using cheeper weeker rubber, resulting in that lovely spongey feel. then dye distributes them to smartparts, ER Etc.... there all the same guys! with the exception of fry's! sorry to burst your bubbles.... maybe we should all contact houge....

houges are more comfey IMHO anyways

PsychoBaller
01-12-2003, 02:24 AM
wait for FryMaker's........

~da baller

battlegroup
01-12-2003, 12:43 PM
And they are a nice pair of acrylic wraparounds, but I would rather have ruber grips. But my question is why make a panel for the grips to go onto? Once I get my x-mag I will check out some rubber grips to see if they will even fit right. If the only thing wrong is where the holes are drilled and the led display, I will cut a hole for the led and the screw holes and make it fit without adding any extra metal or such. As for the holes that are already in the grip, I will either put a very short screw in there with a thin nut on the other side so it is only attached to the grip, just to fill the hole, or use some of the rubber from cutting out the LED hole to glue in those holes, or I'll just leave it open if the screw will hit anything on the other side, or the rubber doesn't look right. Why go through the hassle of making something?

Automaggin2
01-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't touch another DYE product if my life depended on it.IMO you pay outrageous prices for average quality items,that's why you got to buy AGD stuff,average prices but high quality!YAAAAAAY AGD!:D

Amen brotha!

shartley
01-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Sorry, I missed this the first time…..

You think AGD has average prices but high quality? High quality I will go along with… but I don’t think AGD is “average” in their prices. Go compare manual markers on the market and see what the prices are. Now go and look at Electric Markers on the market and see what the prices are. I think you will find that overall AGD does NOT come in “average”.

Heck that is one of my hardest selling points…. Folks want to know why they should pay Mag prices when they can get WAY cheaper prices for other markers they “think” are comparable in quality.

And for the most part, what I have actually held in my hands, and was made by Dye, it was not “average” quality. It was BETTER. What I find though is that some people just don’t want to pay for quality. But what is even funnier is that some of these same people buy Mags! It just baffles me. That is like buying a nice car and then putting $30 tires on it, never getting an oil change on time and when you DO, putting in cheap oil, etc.