PDA

View Full Version : Keep Classic w/ Retro or no?

MagmanLee
01-11-2003, 01:30 AM
I'm in the market for a x-valve and i was wondering, is it better just to turn the classic valve to get a discount on the x-valve, or keep it as a backup and just pay the $100?

Mossman
01-11-2003, 01:41 AM
It depends what its worth to you, but personally i'd give it up. Mag valves dont go down often if you dont lose pieces or misassemble em, and if you wanted to you could shop around and pick up a valve for 80 bucks or so anyhow.

I'm all about the trade in baby!

Dern
01-11-2003, 01:41 AM
An X-valve and a retro valve parts kit should be all you need, thus a backup valve is probably not needed. That way you can sell your classic valve.

PsychoBaller
01-11-2003, 02:54 AM
dealt with a similar situation...

Recently aquired SFL...... but have my 5yr old RT original on backup..... probably not going to get used again...

Still awesome gun... but... ehhh....

~da "dunno wut to do" baller

Wc Keep
01-11-2003, 11:14 AM
keep the classic valve you never know when your going to HAVE to use co2.

BajaBoy
01-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
keep the classic valve you never know when your going to HAVE to use co2.

true somedays i wish i didnt have to use ca. it getts annoying to fill it (30mins away) and i get alot more out of a co2 tank

darklord
01-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Just keep the X, and buy yourself an RT parts kit in case you need to replace o-rings and whatnot.

Wc Keep
01-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy

true somedays i wish i didnt have to use ca. it getts annoying to fill it (30mins away) and i get alot more out of a co2 tank

baja where in north jersey are your from? i know how it is to have to travel. im just lucky that i have a proshop less than 5 minutes away in my own town. but if more people were to notice how difficult it is to find ca than they would see the value in keeping a classic valve. i sometimes go to a friends field where they only use co2.