PDA

View Full Version : Sear Leakage

etnie002
01-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Ok this is not really a big deal , just wanna know if there is anything else that may be happening. Ok i'm pretty sure i know the problem just wanted ur opinions. Ok when i pull the trigger sometimes the sear gets stuck in and air leaks out and i cant fire till it pops out. It kinda gets me pissed off since i just got the gun. I havent played with it yet, i was just shooting it in the back yard. But i just need to oil the sear right? or is this a bigger problem and i need a new sear and pin setup, LMK thanks.

Remington
01-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Did you buy the marker used? If so the previous owner may have adjusted the sear pin(silly person). The sear pin should be at 1.980" Also, if you have some Autolube(AGD's oil) put several drops into the ASA(whether it be bottomline or vertical) and then gas up the gun. If none of the above work I would take apart the valve and make sure all the o-rings are in good condition. If that doesn't work, try talking to one of the techs(i.e BlackVCG, JonAGD, cphilip, etc.) Good luck! :D

etnie002
01-11-2003, 12:25 PM
thanks. what part is supposed to be at the angle, this is my first mag (i bought it used). can u explain which part, is at an angle. and the previous owner didnt adjust anything in the sear. thanks again

Tunaman
01-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Remington
Did you buy the marker used? If so the previous owner may have adjusted the sear pin(silly person). The sear pin should be at 1.980" Also, if you have some Autolube(AGD's oil) put several drops into the ASA(whether it be bottomline or vertical) and then gas up the gun. If none of the above work I would take apart the valve and make sure all the o-rings are in good condition. If that doesn't work, try talking to one of the techs(i.e BlackVCG, JonAGD, cphilip, etc.) Good luck! :D Please try to use the correct terminology when trying to help, as not to confuse him any more than he already is. The sear pin is NOT adjustable. You may be thinking of the trigger rod. This may be a sticking on/off problem. Take it apart and oil it correctly.;)

Remington
01-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
Please try to use the correct terminology when trying to help, as not to confuse him any more than he already is. The sear pin is NOT adjustable. You may be thinking of the trigger rod. This may be a sticking on/off problem. Take it apart and oil it correctly.

Ha ha . . . sorry about that etnie, I sometimes get those mixed up. Thanks for the clarification Tunaman. Oh by the way, what is your address Tunaman, I need to send you that money order for the Parker-Flex.

etnie002
01-11-2003, 05:03 PM
just had to be oiled, i guess it was not used for some time, but its working like a champ. thanks.

also,does this happen with classic mags? when i run out of air the gun will not fire because the sear wont load and air leaks out, is this just mean im outta air. and if this helps this is my setup

Classic Mag
Level 10 Bolt
PMI Perfect Charger
Taso Tournament Lock
KAPP On/Off
Pure Energy 68/3k
12" CP
Clear Revvy
Shark Gill Rail
Shocktech Drop
Benchmark Foregrip

Remington
01-11-2003, 05:07 PM
The Level 10 will cause your mag to "run out of air" sooner than normal. It doesn't necessarily mean your out of air, it just means you don't have enough air left in the tank to charge the valve enough to shoot. The LX bolt leaves a little air in the macro/micro or stainless steel hose your using too so be careful when disconnecting any hoses. :D Glad we helped you fix it.

etnie002
01-11-2003, 05:40 PM
ok cool. just making sure i dont have a leak now lol. Oh just to let you know, my mag is an AIR HOG. Holy **** i went throught that tank in like what seemed to be 10 minutes. But all in all, im very happy to switch from a tippy to the mag. Its like a whole new world and not to mention AO is great.