PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I bought

bornl33t
01-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Welp Folks say hello to AO's latest home owner :D
without posting all the details it's a large townhouse, 2 stories and garage in the middle of Suburbia Ankeny. Trust me I got a SWEET deal on this place :D

Just though I'd brage a little, since I don't get many new toys..:D :D

shartley
01-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Congratz! It is good to be a home owner... and a great feeling.

I bought my first house when I was about 25 (if my memory serves me).... just a little 3 bedroom one story home with wrap around front porch… but I remember the feeling of walking into it for the first time and saying it was mine (yes, I paid cash, so no bank to mess with), and then the first time I mowed my own lawn!

Yes, the feeling is totally different when it is YOURS.

Again, Congratz! And enjoy it! Now FILL IT! :D

darklord
01-11-2003, 10:56 PM
You know, after reading the title, the last thing I expected was a house! Congratulations! :D

bornl33t
01-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Yeah man, lol I love these titles where no one has a clue what's in the thread, so I use them as often as possible too!! :D :D And I'm totally stoked too! The only problem is I won't be able to affor cable internet for a while so I thin AO will get a break from me for a while. Oh well, small price to pay.

As for you Sam, that's killer to buy a house straight up!!! Man I don't even wanna think about what it would take me to do that. For one I could never afford a House in Ankeny it's REALLY hard to find anything with over 1000sq. ft. for less then 100,000$, for two I have an expensive lifestyle to support. I guess I'm a city kid afterall :p

shartley
01-12-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Heat
Yeah man, lol I love these titles where no one has a clue what's in the thread, so I use them as often as possible too!! :D :D And I'm totally stoked too! The only problem is I won't be able to affor cable internet for a while so I thin AO will get a break from me for a while. Oh well, small price to pay.

As for you Sam, that's killer to buy a house straight up!!! Man I don't even wanna think about what it would take me to do that. For one I could never afford a House in Ankeny it's REALLY hard to find anything with over 1000sq. ft. for less then 100,000$, for two I have an expensive lifestyle to support. I guess I'm a city kid afterall :p
Yes, mortgages can cut into your other funds… grrrr I hope you can swing things. It sure is worth it.

As for paying straight up…. Those days are LONG GONE for me. LOL My family is just way too big now, and I have far too many irons in the fire. Not to mention I am being torn between a new truck, motorcycle (which my wife is against.;)), and a new milling machine (CNC preferably).

FutureMagOwner
01-12-2003, 08:30 AM
shartley i have an answer to that question. get the cnc machine and do milling for people to pay it off and then longer in the future use it to get the truck or the chopper :)

shartley
01-12-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
shartley i have an answer to that question. get the cnc machine and do milling for people to pay it off and then longer in the future use it to get the truck or the chopper :)
LOL You can bet that I would not just sit and look at the CnC machine. ;) And I would never buy a chopper. LOL But all and all you are on the right track. Keep in mind though, that I do have a life outside paintball and AO. :D

FutureMagOwner
01-12-2003, 08:54 AM
woah woah theres something besides paintball an ao;)

luke
01-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Congratulations! It’s a great feeling isn’t it!

I bought my first house 3 years ago. I’ve done a HUGE amount of improvements in the first 2 years, but the last year has been devoted to setting up the shop I built.

It’s interfered with playing paintball the past 3 years but it’s worth it, it’s all part of the plan to let me play (soon) at the level I’ve wanted for years past.

bornl33t
01-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by luke
Congratulations! It’s a great feeling isn’t it!

I bought my first house 3 years ago. I’ve done a HUGE amount of improvements in the first 2 years, but the last year has been devoted to setting up the shop I built.

It’s interfered with playing paintball the past 3 years but it’s worth it, it’s all part of the plan to let me play (soon) at the level I’ve wanted for years past.

NO KIDDING MAN, last year I just got back to my paintball stuff and was going all out on my gun this time and now this. I haven't decited if I should shelf the gun for a couple years of sell it already again. But it's a sweet gun. blue-black faded E-mag with a flamed clear revie, flamed clear wraparound grips and a dye tipped freak, something original ;) grr tough choise :(

luke
01-12-2003, 07:23 PM
I tried selling one of my Mags when I bought my house, but ended up buying it back because I couldn’t live without it! :D

EsPo
01-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by shartley
then the first time I mowed my own lawn!

i remember the first time i did that.. to my dads lawn anyway.. it stunk.. bad.