PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Mistake

Lakeview Bulldog
01-11-2003, 04:43 PM
I disassembled my 68 Classic to oil it. When I put it back together again and went to gas it up CO2 began shooting automatic fire. I later discovered that I failed to install the sear/trigger rod assembly. And when I looked at the valve the on/off pin was sticking out. I pushed the pin back in and reassembled the gun. When I gassed it up the second time gas was shooting out the barrel and the bleed/safety valve where the CO2 Tank connects to the air valve (sorry I couldnt think of the technical term). I thought that one or more of the O-rings may have been damaged when I didnt replace the sear, but then why it be shooting out of the saftey valve at the bottle connection point? I think I made a really big rookie mistake, I should have known better. Now I could use some help. Any would be much appreciated. Thank You.

Load SM5
01-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Air is coming out of the bleed hole on the ASA (where you screw the tank in)? Just clarifying.

Lakeview Bulldog
01-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Yes it is leaking out of the ASA (That was the term I was looking for).

Load SM5
01-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Is the o-ring on your tank missing or torn? Sometimes a blast of CO2 will cause o-rings to become swelled or brittle and rip when you go to screw the tank on next time. Even a small tear will cause a leak

Lakeview Bulldog
01-11-2003, 08:50 PM
I dont belive that it is the tank O ring that is causing the problem. Because the bleed off valve does not begin until I start unscrewing the tank. The tank O ring would not explain why I am having major leakage out of the barrel. Is there any part that I could have put in backwards or something that would cause that kind of major leakage. Keep in mind that I did not take apart the valve assembly. I removed the valve whole. The O rings were fine before I disassembled the gun. Now that it is reassembled I cant get the thing to stop leaking CO2. Thanks.

tyler
01-11-2003, 09:07 PM
did your mag come with a movie? if so then watch it,the movie goes through every part of the gun and tells about it.

toymyster
01-11-2003, 10:12 PM
If you are leaking out of the ASA, it's your tank o-ring!!! Try replacing that, and if the problem contiues, we'll take it from there!! I'm almost willing to bet, however, that the leaking out of your ASA will stop after you replace your tank o-ring!!!

Lakeview Bulldog
01-12-2003, 03:51 PM
The ASA stopped leaking, no O-ring replacement required. What I found was happening is that the braided steel hose that connceted the ASA to the gas thru grip (which is bolted to the rail) was pushing the rail and the rear grip apart making it unable for the rail and the mainbody to get a good fit. Now that I corrected that problem it still leaks from the barrel end but not nearly as much. Does this mean that I have to replace the O-rings inside the Valve assembly? And no I did not get the video from the previous owner but I hear you can get those from AGD. Would the video demonstrate how to replace valve O-rings? I would be willing to purchase a video before I tried taking apart the valve. Thanks.

Lakeview Bulldog
01-12-2003, 04:26 PM
I just discovered after carefully going over diagrams that I am missing the sear pin. Could this be causing the uncontrolled CO2 leak ou the barrel? Also the on/off valve pin has been sticking out the last two times after I had gassed it up. I had to push the pin back in to be able to remove the valve assembly from the mainbody. I think I may have figured it out but I want to see what you guys think.

SkElL~ObIsSiS
01-13-2003, 12:59 PM
u mean that the rod attached to the sear is completly missing? like this part???? this is an exact 3d replica of an automag classic sear, the rod thats pictures to the left should be attached to the little hole. your saying that it isnt? like the picture?

SkElL~ObIsSiS
01-13-2003, 01:11 PM
here is the pic

johnny dee
01-13-2003, 04:05 PM
it may be taht co2 is not good for mags and that it needs nitro, thats what happened to me when i had co2 on m mag..the leakng down the barrell and if you keep doitn it it will contnually get worse and worse until you replace everything and get nitro.

Lakeview Bulldog
01-13-2003, 07:39 PM
The sear pin is completly missing. Could this be what is causing the leaks. I can fix the problem pretty easy if that is what is causing the leakage.

serialZer0
01-13-2003, 11:47 PM
well you need a sear pin no matter what.. its the pin that the sear pivots on when firing..

i had a very similar problem with my mag when i first got my 68 classic.. check your rear rail bushing.. make sure its there, or the trigger frame wont sit straight, and cause leaking down the barrel.. the rail bushing is a sleeve that is in the rail where the rear part of the trigger frame mounts to the gun..

SkElL~ObIsSiS
01-14-2003, 12:38 PM
ok if it's completly gone the pressure from the onn/off pin will push the sear down untill the gun will just leak horribly down the barrel. get a new sear or re-attach the pin. if the pin was modified, unscrewed or otherwise modified get a new one.

this IS your problem im almost sure of it, if there isn't anything else obvously frigged up you should be fine after you fix it

athomas
01-15-2003, 01:17 PM
First, get a sear pin. The gun won't work at all without one as you have discovered.

I suspect the leaking around the ASA may have been caused if you screwed the CO2 into the ASA with the bottle pointed down. This allows liquid CO2 into the gun and freezes any o-rings it contacts including the tank o-ring.

Dayspring
01-15-2003, 02:16 PM
Mags used to run on CO2 for YEARS before HPA came about. True, they don't like liquid CO2, but with the proper setup, CO2 can be used quite effectively.

Originally posted by johnny dee
it may be taht co2 is not good for mags and that it needs nitro, thats what happened to me when i had co2 on m mag..the leakng down the barrell and if you keep doitn it it will contnually get worse and worse until you replace everything and get nitro.