PDA

View Full Version : Need help with taking out barrel

peacemaker
01-11-2003, 04:51 PM
Hello i have an automag rt and i really have no clue on how to take out the barrel. (yes i do know nothing about mags) Can someone please post how to do it thanks.

Load SM5
01-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Automag barrels are twist lock. There is an "L" shaped groove milled into them. Twist the barrel until it you can't spin it anymore and pull it straight out.

Sinistarr
01-11-2003, 05:22 PM
WELCOME TO AO!

Load is correct, 1/4 turn to the right side of the marker and pull straight out.

g

peacemaker
01-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Hm thing is my barrel is like stuck or something because it will slightly like barley turn left or right and it wont come out.

tyler
01-11-2003, 09:22 PM
your twist lock pin is screwed in to far to fix that you will need to take the body off. when the body is off of the body rail then the barrel will come out freely.then so you want have to take the gun apart every time you want the barrel out you will need to adjust to twist lock pin. look at the bottom of the body rail there will be a allen wrench screw with in a small metal cylinder,there should be a little pin sticking out on the other side of the body rail right above the adjustment screw.back out the screw enough to allow the barrel to slide in the body with just a little resistance.you will need to do trial and error to get it just where you want it.i tried to make this so you could understand it, but if you still need help just ask.

Matt Crawford
01-11-2003, 10:13 PM
do the above and add a lil pbgun oil on the orings on the barrel...that should help you get the barrel out.

jayel579
01-11-2003, 11:38 PM
oil up those O-rings on all your barrel everytime you put it on, that will help.

peacemaker
01-12-2003, 03:51 PM
THanks guys for all your help! I will try all your ideas thanks!