PDA

View Full Version : S.S vs Macroline

street1356
01-11-2003, 07:31 PM
I tried to search but it didnt work.

Spray Painter
01-11-2003, 07:48 PM
SS is alot stronger that macro or microline. Micro/Macro line can burst alot easier. Ask personman about his story at the SCAO meet.

Raptor3359
01-11-2003, 08:13 PM
SS would probably be the best to use for paintball because its the strongest and has good air flow but macroline is easier to work with, because u can cut it and its more flexable. macroline is also high air flow but cant hold the pressure SS can. microline is like macroline but doesnt have as good airflow as macroline does. How this helps

Raptor3359

personman
01-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Spray Painter
SS is alot stronger that macro or microline. Micro/Macro line can burst alot easier. Ask personman about his story at the SCAO meet.
lol..
Yea I diddnt know how to work my tank so it was cranked up to however much raptors can output and it blew the fitting apart and there was a tear the size of my middle finger in it..
Oh well, boomerfoxtrot let me have some macro.. what a good guy..

FutureMagOwner
01-11-2003, 08:44 PM
yeah i recommend stainless steel its harder to get onto a gun properly but it is much more reliable

FalconGuy016
01-11-2003, 09:19 PM
I dont think there is anything wrong with macroline, and I prefer it

its flexible, easy to use, the fittings swivel convienently, its easy to take the hose out of the fitting (no tools), and you can buy them by the foot

as long as you make sure to get quality macroline parts, you should be good to go. If the macroline burst, then there is something wrong with the gas input which would be a bad thing anyways (or you are using c02, which I dont reccomend on macroline)

CFD323
01-11-2003, 10:52 PM
I use Microline on my Emag and have been using microline for the past few years with no problems at all (knock on wood). The stuff works fine.

Mossman
01-11-2003, 10:56 PM
For a permanent setup, I love SS. As in, you have your nice gun, the perfect tank, the perfect drop, everything JUST how you like it and you wouldn't dare mess with its Chi or whatever. That's when its great to invest in the perfect length of SS hose and some nice fittings that make your air lines as tight yet not in the way as possible.

I always wish i had a 45* elbow around for when this happens :)

Anyhow, Macro has its downsides (less consistent, more prone to leaking, fitting side eventually will wear out), but if you are switching air systems or air lines from gun to gun, it just doesnt get any better.

Once I'm setup with my Micro Emag and whatever other gun I decide to stick with I'm gonna pick up a NW Quick release drop thingy and some perfect length of macroline, so i can switch a tank/drop/airlines between guns effortlessly