PDA

View Full Version : star system / emag question

spydervenom
01-12-2003, 02:55 PM
hey, i have a friend that is possibly going to sell me his emag, but there is something wrong with it. you can turn it on and then when the trigger is pulled, it shuts off.

but my main question is...he has one star left on the valve, would i be able to send in the emag and get it fixed for free w/ the star or is that just for valves? thank you.

Raptor3359
01-12-2003, 03:18 PM
u might not even have to send it in. Open up the grip frame and make sure that none of the wires r shorting eachother out. Also make sure the battery is charged.

darklord
01-12-2003, 03:37 PM
I think the e-mag has a limited warranty, as for the star thing, I'm pretty sure that only goes for valve work. You should double check everything...make sure the hall sensor is correctly in place, all the wires and connection are solid, etc. Make sure the battery is charged all the way too, even if the green light is on, it may not be fully charged.

Kevmaster
01-12-2003, 04:07 PM
darklord, i believe the "star" program is for any work on the gun, at least i know when they took a star off my PTP they did a ton of work.

And, I would check the hall sensor, i bet it is shorting something in there

spydervenom
01-12-2003, 04:45 PM
the way i understood it, although the system wasn't thouroughly explained, it was just for the valve, but he said that it should be covered by the star and thats why i decided to ask.

and i'll have him check it out asap.

i also sent an email to agd to see what they say.

Ratfinder
01-13-2003, 12:01 AM
what is the hall censor? It is my e-mag that I am selling so I am wondering about this quite a bit. Also one of the screws got stolen, would I have to pay to get that replaced if they worked on it for one of the stars?

darklord
01-13-2003, 12:11 AM
If you look at the left side of your E-Mag grip frame, you'll notice a little quadrilateral between the trigger and the grips, it has a screw in the top left corner. Unscrew that screw and take off the little plastic piece (hall holder top), and you'll see a little thing in there that has 3 wires. If you look closely you'll see at the end of the 3 wires there's a black piece. That's the hall sensor. You need to have it adjusted properly in order for the gun to recognize that the trigger is being pulled.
Try this: with the hall holder top removed, try adjusting the sensor with your fingers, and hold it down gently against the hall holder bottom while the e-mag is on. If you pull the trigger and you hear a click in e-mode, you know it's adjusted properly. From there just put the top back on and it should be fine. That's what I did when mine wasn't firing in e-mode...best of luck to ye!

spydervenom
01-13-2003, 09:33 PM
http://www.airgun.com/returns

they replied to my email and said that it is valid for the full gun with some exceptions(noted on the site)

Mickey:
if you would've been on aim, i prolly could've bought it :)