PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on new marker

mjs1217
01-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Okay, i'm finally going to upgrade my marker...

Im going from a spyder compact 2000 (my first gun) to one of the following:

Bushmaster bk0
or
Automag

Im trying to lean more towards the automag but the bk0 will most likely be less expensive.

Who/where has the best deal on what im looking for? (Read section entitled "What i'm looking for)

What I'm Looking For:

Automag Classic Powerfeed
Aftermarket barrel
Cheap but dependible nitro tank
Motorized Loader
Foregrip(Possibly Gas-Through)
All the other nessesary gas lines required. (microlines, adapters, etc)

I'm also up to any suggestions you guys might have for me. I'm still sort of an ametuer, but im thinking of starting in tourneys so i need a fitting marker.

Thanks.

Cha0tic
01-12-2003, 03:40 PM
try going for a used mag if you are concerned about price. mags don't exactly have a good resale value, and you can find them pretty cheap. i haven't shot a bko yet so i have no comments on it.

mjs1217
01-12-2003, 03:46 PM
id rather have a new marker, i havent had luck with used anythings, even if it is built mag-tough.

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-12-2003, 03:48 PM
Have you looked at paintballgear.com? They have some good mag deals.

TKO (a mag)package(powerfeed gun, barrel(seems to be what ever aftermarket barrel they have to much of, but dont expect something very good, decent yes, very good no), all hoses/fittings gas through grip)0

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-1012-1.html

A BKO
Comes with everything needed except a hopper air stuff and tank( has barrel and what not). This will be a faster gun, have you shot either one of the guns?

Hopper- i would suggest a 12volt w/ x-board for both guns, if you want the fastest loaders out there(not needed for either of these guns) get a egg2 or a Halo B.

Tank-Can you get 4500psi fills? Anywere around you. Heres a nice 4500 output tank http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/031-7360.html

Let us no in more detail about extras your looking for.(i.e. tank size 3000 or 4500 psi 12volt or 9 volt hopper.)

mjs1217
01-12-2003, 03:53 PM
I was thinking of a 12v revvy w/ x board for a hopper, and a 68ci/4500 psi steel stub nitroduck for a tank, but they are hard to find. Othter than that, im flexible. I just need a fast shooting gun that wont fail me.

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Steel is heavy and im pretty sure they dont make steel 4500psi tanks. Try looking at crossfire tanks, they have very good regs. (try a 68/4500psi of that 72/4500psi tank) the BKO will prolly be faster(never shot one before). Mags are good guns, take a look at that TKO package, thats how many people start out w/ 68 mags.

mjs1217
01-12-2003, 04:00 PM
will the tko automag package shoot right out of the box? (does it definatly come with all the needed gas lines and tank fittings?)

mjs1217
01-12-2003, 04:06 PM
i can get a nitroduck 68/3000 steel stub for $140.00, is this a good deal?

TecnoRobo
01-12-2003, 04:18 PM
that tank sounds like a decent deal.
Check out the hydro dates before you buy,
and take do take into consideration (spelling?)
that the automag is a heavier gun and a steel
tank isn't exactly light by todays standards.

When you go nitro, you wont regret it.
btw i bought my mag used and the only
thing i needed to replace was a o-ring
i havent had a problem yet ;)

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-12-2003, 04:24 PM
the TKO will definatly shoot right out of the box(as long as your getting a hopper and tank)

for 158(18$ more) you can get a brand new fiber wrapped 68 ci 4500psi crossfire tank(check out pbgear, same site that has the TKO).

alf
01-12-2003, 10:07 PM
hey mjs...welcome to AO (a little late)...

i bought an automag new...paid too much for it...mags are not like other guns because they are built very sturdily...and you can buy a used one, and it will perform just as well as a new one...fixing them can be accomplished in about 5 minutes if you know what youre doing, and in about 30 minutes (with the help of the tech forum) if you dont...

i would suggest buying a mag here on AO from a good trader...just ask me or any of the guys here if youre dealing with a good trader and/or if youre getting a good deal...we would all be happy to help you out...

i would say get a mag, and not the bushy, because one of the guys on my team has a bushy, and cant quite get it tuned just right...mags are easier to work on.

-alf

Dern
01-13-2003, 12:36 AM
the TKO automag is perfect for what you'd need. The BKO is too. both cost like exactly the same. then you'd need a nitro tank for both (BKO can't do co2, mag technically can, but co2 is rather harsh on automags). Also, a used automag is [I}THE[/I] cheaper and better way to go. You can get great automag deals for cheap, I got mine from Paintballer 76 for only 400 with tons of stuff that would normally cost a lot more.

Link
01-13-2003, 12:42 AM
I personally own a BKO. I love mine. It shoots just like some other bushys I've tried. The new ones also come with a new trigger frame which some on PBN have said is really nice. However, that is from PBN, so you have to take it with a grain of salt :D

I love automags too. it'll last longer than you will. You've just got to decide what you want more.

Lucas