PDA

View Full Version : xvalve problem

petefol
01-12-2003, 03:41 PM
i finally got my n2 tank filled and tryed gassing up my xvalve. i turned on the tank but my tank didnt pressurize, it just filled with air i guess. i could pull the trigger but it wouldnt fire, i could just pull it cause i guess it wasnt pressurized enough? i hooked the tank up to my brothers classic mag and it would fire that so what could the problem be. i figure its either that the output pressure isnt high enough or something is wrong with the lvl10 bolt?

Kevmaster
01-12-2003, 04:10 PM
increase the velo. its prolly too low of a pressure right now to get the LX bolt to move

petefol
01-12-2003, 04:19 PM
thats what i figured, i think it may have been as low as 600psi, cause when i had my tank filled it was messed up causing a gauge to not work so they only filled it to like 2500, then my friend used the tank on his shocker so i'll have to wait to fill it again to check.

vortechcoupe
01-12-2003, 08:47 PM
turn it up on the gun, 1/8 inch allen in the back of the valve. right turns it up.

Justin C

AcemanPB
01-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Also you could always try a smaller spring.

petefol
01-12-2003, 09:51 PM
i think it was the pressure coming out of the reg. the reg on the maxflwo was being a pain to screw in so i think it was only around 600psi. and like i said, theres a pin in the reg that i had backwards causing the tank pressure gauge to not work so the guy at the shop only filled it to like 2k so i think it was already underpressurized.

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Hi, I'm having a similar problem with my XValve, it was leaking out the crack in the valve but I think I fixed that, now the trigger pressurizes but it won't fire. I previously had a level 10 in it and still using the same airtank that worked fine before and it's preset so it couldn't be the tank. So I pull the trigger (and I've tried all three springs) and it just moves but doesn't fire. When I take of the tank and the air hose the valve will still be pressurized, sometimes firing out air a minute later and letting the valve then be removed. Any ideas?

petefol
01-16-2003, 11:17 AM
just keep trying different carriers.

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-16-2003, 11:42 AM
Would the carriers cause this problem? How? I trust your input, if I knew the answer I wouldn't be writing this right now :p but I tried all three springs, even if I was using a tighter carrier wouldn't it still move at least a little? It seems snug but not loose.

Does your on/off assembly flat bottom sit flat with the body of the valve? I have a little space between mine but it doesn't interfere with the valve sliding on or anything. And it's not leaking air out of it. It just won't fire so it never depressurizes and refills cause it doesn't release the original pressure.

petefol
01-16-2003, 11:51 AM
try a bigger carrieer, that was a problem for me. the xvalve came with the 1.5 i think and i had to move up to the 2 i think with 4 shims.

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Is this the XValve sent to you standard we're talking about? 4 shims? I don't think I was sent that many. wouldn't it vent like mad?

Before you adjusted it what were the problems/symptoms you had with your XValve? I have a tryout for a team this weekend and really need to figure this out and play with the reactive trigger before I go to that. Help is REALLY appreciated man, thanks!