PDA

View Full Version : sorry guys

spider54
01-12-2003, 06:44 PM
i have joined the masses.... i bought a tremor series shockteck cocker. still got the mag, but its back up now.....

HoppysMag
01-12-2003, 06:46 PM
you will be back, they always come back... MUHA HA HA HA!

spider54
01-12-2003, 06:47 PM
maybe but i highly doubt it. its lot like im leavin u guys for good i just have a new tourney gun.... and anyways we got cocker techs on my team and i know a fair share plus it is just so damn nice

HoppysMag
01-12-2003, 06:53 PM
i know your not leaving AO but you will miss ur mag and start using it again

spider54
01-12-2003, 06:56 PM
hmmm not after it performed for me today during my tourney:rolleyes: lets jsut say that out of the 50 balls that i shot i shot maybe 1 solid one.... got my tremor with the same paint and it shot perfectly only chopped 2 and i think the reason for that is cuz it was like 20 degrees out and i was flyin with it

spider54
01-12-2003, 07:05 PM
o yea heres a pic, try not to drool:D H:\YUNDTM\Disk Photos\Marilyn\thegun.JPG

spider54
01-12-2003, 09:12 PM
so what do u guys think of my new baby??

darklord
01-12-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm not a cocker fan, but I must say, that's pretty nice. You'll miss your mag though, I guarantee it. Especially if you're on the sidelines timing your cocker :D Best of luck to you though.

spider54
01-12-2003, 09:32 PM
but cockers' timing doesnt slip that easily and anyways i will still have that mag.... i cant believe i finally had the mag to where i wanted it in every level, performance, comfortablity, size, weight and then i just go buy a new gun like 2 days after i finally finished it..... o well it will b worth it

Ov3rmind
01-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Shocktech makes some nice Cockers. The only thing I'd change is the trigger frame, I heavily dislike their hinges (although they make some very snappy sliders, which I love).

Gitaroo Man
01-12-2003, 09:40 PM
yeah, I'd change the trigger frame too...other wise it looks SWEET

spider54
01-12-2003, 09:53 PM
commin from a mag this beautiful (sorry all that took offense, but just admit it mags r ugly...) so to me it really isnt about looks but function, i played with it at my tourney today and i dint stroke it once, i think its nearly impossible to stroke this frame

*ArKfEaR*
01-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Since us cocker lovers never are satisfied with our babies you will most likely constantly change parts, we all do it.

Just for recommendation:

To get the most consistant, ball-pinching, non chopping, smoothe, lightest trigger ever, cocker put on these parts.

Palmer Micro Rock Reg with Rock Knob
Belsales Evolution Ram
Belsales Hollow-Point 3-way

MacDev Gladiator Reg or AKA Sidewinder

AKA Nickel Plated Z-Cut Lightning Bolt or DEZigns Open Face Delrin bolt

All Free Flow internals; New 2K2 Valve + Tungsten Hammer

Eclipse Blade Trigger w/ Belsales Rollersear( <--optional for extra smoothness)

Full Freak Kit

I use that on my cocker now and the cocker im going to get i have the parts already for it.

It is proven that with those parts you will not be disappointed. I promise, after installing + having your tech friends tune it. You will be amazingly happy at how much better it shoots with those parts compaired to what you have. Perfect balance of speed, shortness of trigger pull as well as smootheness its undescribable just wait. :D

cockermatt
01-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by spider54
so what do u guys think of my new baby??

One 'word'. Ew.

xrancid_milkx
01-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Just remember, don't tell your automag...

WARPED1
01-12-2003, 10:35 PM
I'd throw it in the trash and use a Talon before I use a cocker again.

Ov3rmind
01-12-2003, 10:48 PM
cockermatt, what are you doing on AO?

Ark, those are very good suggestions for parts, but.... I think most Shochtech parts work well in conjunction with other Shocktech parts. I'd leave the Cocker "as is" for the most part. New pneus probably wouldn't make too much of a difference. I believe Shocktech fits their Supa'Fly bolts to their guns, so it should work VERY well in your gun. The only thing I'd replace myself is the hinge (Eclipse baby), but that's a preference thing.

RamboPreacher
01-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by spider54
o yea heres a pic, try not to drool:D H:\YUNDTM\Disk Photos\Marilyn\thegun.JPG ouhmmm - okay - but why would I drool at a JAAC (Just Another Auto Cocker) - it's just a sniper with pneumatics bolted to the front. :D

WARPED1
01-12-2003, 11:45 PM
HERE HERE RP!Not even a true semi,it's an automated pump.............

Smoke
01-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Cockers...bah. Hope you don't have problems with your 3 way, or your regulator, or your timing, chopping balls, and pissing gas and not shooting right when you need it. Once again: Cockers.....bah.

covadsucks
01-13-2003, 01:25 AM
It's a nice lookin' marker. I would change the bottom PE reg to a more stable reg, such as a Palmer Stabilizer or even a WGP Ergo reg.

Ov3rmind
01-13-2003, 02:45 AM
HERE HERE RP!Not even a true semi,it's an automated pump.............
If it shoots one ball per trigger pull without requiring manual cocking, it's semi-automatic. All this "oooh, it's a pump gun!" crap is really annoying, I mean it's not even a valid argument.

Cockers...bah. Hope you don't have problems with your 3 way, or your regulator, or your timing, chopping balls, and pissing gas and not shooting right when you need it. Once again: Cockers.....bah.
Or just figure out how they work and proper maintanence. Your choice.

RamboPreacher
01-13-2003, 05:50 AM
Interesting. I never said that they weren't true semi's. my point was that they are based on snipers with pneumatics straped on teh front, and untill recently havenot changed from that one iota. how many years did it take to get a "real" (pivot) trigger for it? why does the pneumatics all need to be out in teh open with hoses attached? interesting.

WARPED1
01-13-2003, 12:37 PM
I mentioned they were not true semis,never meant to imply that was your opinion,sorry RP.

minimag187
01-13-2003, 12:48 PM
I actually like cockers myself, gotta luv that backblock. I might even downgrade later on to get a cocker =)

MagmanLee
01-13-2003, 02:36 PM
u guys are putting his gun DOWN lol comon be nice, it's really a nice looking and probally nice performing gun. Sure maybe it's not as reliable as a mag but it's not like it's going to fall apart in a game if u take care of it. again nice gun.

WARPED1
01-13-2003, 03:02 PM
It does look nice,but its a technical nightmare,cockers have like 80 moving parts.

spider54
01-13-2003, 03:23 PM
yes well like i said i know plent of people that can teach me, i shot it and it shot a lot better than my mag, faster without the chopping even in the cold.... plus i got it for a really nice price 575 for the gun stock boomer and new style ultralite and a bunch of lil stiff that was thrown in.... and im plannin on gettin a sidewinder for it here soon

i hope that i was never as bad about cockers as the other people on here are:rolleyes:

WARPED1
01-13-2003, 03:35 PM
My real advice to you,if it works don't fiddle with anything!

Timmee
01-13-2003, 04:21 PM
It's very nice from what I can tell (the pic isn't really detailed). Is the newer shocktech hinge decent? I have the older model hinge (with the removeable trigger guard), and I don't like it. I'm going to be replacing that with either a WGP hinge, or maybe a KAPP (if I don't get the Race frame).

Smoke
01-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Well, ya see ov3rmind, you can figure out how to work a DC-10, but that dosen't mean it still won't go down....

spider54
01-13-2003, 10:31 PM
i like this hinge alot better than all of the other ones that i have shot. i think its like the orracle hinge nice and soft and so short(but u can adjust that on most as well as with this one)

YourMasterJulian
01-13-2003, 10:52 PM
I LOVE Those hinge frames. Better than any others ive tried. Man what is up with you people dissing cockers, they are great guns. They dont give you problems as long as you spend 5 minutes online learning how to take them apart. Enjoy the shockteck bro. You should have just gotten a nice blazer though ;)

*ArKfEaR*
01-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
cockermatt, what are you doing on AO?

Ark, those are very good suggestions for parts, but.... I think most Shochtech parts work well in conjunction with other Shocktech parts. I'd leave the Cocker "as is" for the most part. New pneus probably wouldn't make too much of a difference. I believe Shocktech fits their Supa'Fly bolts to their guns, so it should work VERY well in your gun. The only thing I'd replace myself is the hinge (Eclipse baby), but that's a preference thing.

LoL New pneus wont make too much of a difference? Shocktech is poop, trust me once you put on belsales parts you feel the difference its just amazing. Plus when you think about it if he did per say take my advice the only part left would be the body(and or the frame) :)

*ArKfEaR*
01-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
It does look nice,but its a technical nightmare,cockers have like 80 moving parts.

You know nothing :(