PDA

View Full Version : Question about LvL upgrades

$tevo
01-12-2003, 11:44 PM
when people say that they have a lvl 10 upgrade for their mag, what does that mean? does it mean that you can go to a store and there are like lvl 7s 8s 9s and 10 upgrades you can buy?

darklord
01-13-2003, 12:04 AM
The level refers to the type of valve. Do a search and I'm sure you'll dig up some info. Anyway a Level 7 valve is a Classic, Minimag, or Micromag valve, level 8 is a RT valve, level 9 is a RT pro, E-Mag, or a ReTro valve, and level 10 is a bolt kit that can be put into said valves, which prevents ball chopping.

RobAGD
01-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Actually -

The lvl 7 is the standard Automag valve since about 92 to current. Before that there were lvl 5-6 and these were major valve changes to current spec. These were based on the prototype P4 valve.

The RT, RTP, ReTro, Emag are all based on the Prototype P5 valve they have no level as there have not been ANY major improvments to teh design. There is a slight differance in the outside diameters between the RT ( Classic ) and the others.

The Lvl 10 is a Low Speed upgrade for ALL the valves ( Automag, MiniMag, MicroMag, RT, RT Pro, Emag, XMag, XValve, RT Micro Mag ext. As far as I know it will not work on teh sydarm or Rental Automag valves.

There is no Lvl 8 or 9

-Robert

darklord
01-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
There is no Lvl 8 or 9

-Robert really? So AGD just figured "hey, screw 8 and 9, we can go right to 10"? I swear I remember seeing that there were levels 8 and 9 on some post a few months ago...

shartley
01-13-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by darklord
really? So AGD just figured "hey, screw 8 and 9, we can go right to 10"? I swear I remember seeing that there were levels 8 and 9 on some post a few months ago...
LOL I was wondering if anyone would point that out.

I believe the “hidden” levels were development levels, and not “for sale” levels. So for the consumer, the numbers go from 7 to 10. Kind of like early automobiles.

Demonio
04-13-2003, 08:43 PM
Why won't the lvl 10 work on a Sydarm??

EsPo
04-14-2003, 10:49 AM
na.. i think the marketers at AGD (if there are any) were thinking.. "ick.. level 8.. ick level 9.. who would buy those?!?.. but level 10 has potential" :):D;)

sneakyhacker420
04-15-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Demonio
Why won't the lvl 10 work on a Sydarm??

theres a part inside the powertube that limits the velocity to 280 fps max.

you can have the metal disc in the PT drilled out by an AGD tech and then you will be able to install level 10 :D