PDA

View Full Version : solenoid prob?

2xFast
01-12-2003, 11:52 PM
So say one's emag were to magicaly stop firing electronicaly, when gassed up, but could still electronicaly move the sear around with no gas in the marker...say the battery was fully charged and confirmed to be charger with a multimeter...say the damn thing worked the day before...what could be the cause of something like this.

Is it possible the plunger vibrated itself into a weaker position and no longer has the umph to trip the sear? Anyone have similiar problems?

2xFast

2xFast
01-13-2003, 02:05 PM
no help? Thought this was the mag forum... :)

Brak
01-13-2003, 05:12 PM
explain it in normal terms!! tell us whats wrong with your emag instead of saying "ones emag"

Havoc_online
01-13-2003, 06:18 PM
if your sure you have enough power and the board lights up.

Put your marker in Emode and put the safety on.

Pull the trigger, if you could hear the solenoid click then it's not the plunger.

Check to see if your trigger magnets moved or are missing. the hall effects sensor may not be picking anything up.

2xFast
01-14-2003, 01:13 AM
first off...explain it in normal terms? That was english...all you had to do was read...did I not use enough catch phrases for yah? :) should I throw in a "tricked" or maybe a "phat"...

And secondly, yes the solenoid clicks, just not with the air on, like I said in my post...which apperently wasn't clear enough since it was in english and not net speak...

problem: Mag won't fire electronicaly

knowns: circuit board does register shots (the magnents are NOT out of adjustment)
solenoid WILL cycle when gun is de-gassed
gun WILL fire manualy
gun WAS working a few days before

hopefully thats a little clearer...

Havoc_online
01-14-2003, 02:24 AM
Dont be rude to anyone that is offering help. Your first post was not as clear or detailed as it could have been. The same people who offer thier help do so of thier own free will and most of them skim through 5-10 posts at a time with quick replies that narrow things down.

your solenoid plunger rod moved out of place most likely due to a loose nut. adjust it back to 3.010" , it's a common problem. However, If that doesnt fix the problem then either your board is not sending enough power to the solenoid or the solenoid is bad I doubt it though.