PDA

View Full Version : MAD at my MAG

BTAutoMag
01-13-2003, 01:12 PM
last saturday me and my best friend schedualed a game, our last game, before he moved, the last time we would EVER get to see eachother. well i was all excited about it and couldnt wait to get out there to play. i've played with my mag in well below freezing enviroments before with no problems but today was different... i had my lvl 10. i checked and double checked every seal, every oring, made sure it was well oiled, and made sure to get plenty of balls and air. i was set to go. i had no problem with bringing my mag out in the 12 degree weather becasue it had never failed me even in 20 below weather. i get to his little setup backyard field, gas up the beast, and dry fire it for a couple shots just to make sure (like i always do) it comes clean for 3 shots and then goes SSSSST SSSST SSST and then stops fireing altogether. ive had this happen before and there is a quick fix, turn up the velocity of the lvl 10 till it fires. i had my velocity screw recessed into the body before i backed it out and tried the next spring size down. it worked for 3 shots and died again. i repeated this untill i was all the way down to the stock spring. and finaly it worked. so i popped a ball in the breach and fired, i was at about 260fps but that was good enough that i didnt fiddle with it. so i turned on my warp and put out a string of balls, 2 balls come out and no more... i check the warp to see if it was on, it was. so i tap it to see if it was working and it didnt move. so i tapped it harder with a small rock on the ground and it still didnt work. i pushed the button, it worked fine.... the vibration sensor had frozen shut:( i reluctantly took off my warp and just put my HALO over the mag and then let out a string of balls that all but the first chopped in the breach. i was so mad at this point that i drop kicked it into the nearest bunker where my elbow proceded to snap in half.

OH THE RAGE

TheTramp
01-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
i was so mad at this point that i drop kicked it into the nearest bunker where my elbow proceded to snap in half.

Well, I know how you could have kept your elbow from breaking. ;)

Army
01-13-2003, 02:48 PM
BT, BT, BT......mm...mm..mmmmmm.

It was 12F outside, the Warp was already freezing to a stop, and you could only get 260fps despite the velo screw all the way in....and this you blamed on the 'Mag?

At 12F, most likely any oil inside was congealing, condensation on the vibro plates had frozen, not to mention that condensation inside the gun was also likely freezing, effectively locking it up.

...and now you have a broken elbow too:)

We have a saying: "Sometimes it's the operator, not the operation."

FalconGuy016
01-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Did you ever get it to work after that... ? I always carry my stock things around with me incase things like that happen

BTAutoMag
01-13-2003, 03:09 PM
when i got home it worked perfectly (even though the whole smashing into a bunker incedent) and with out the lvl 10 it usualy works perfectly in cold weather but i didnt have that with me that day... the only day i didnt have it with me as a matter of fact.

WARPED1
01-13-2003, 03:28 PM
My advice tou you BT,wait til spring to play,or move to warmer climes,ala Florida(my home state),or Ca,or Vegas....etc etc.

Dayspring
01-13-2003, 03:32 PM
I've found that the Level 10 works best in cold weather when you oil her after every tank change. It may seem excessive, but since it's the first real world temperature test, I think it's a wise move.

BTAutoMag
01-13-2003, 03:38 PM
i oiled it and re oiled it. i even tookit apart and manualy oiled every part

Dayspring
01-13-2003, 03:44 PM
That oculd be your problem. TOO MUCH oil. 3 drops or so into the air line and you're good to go.

cphilip
My suspicion is your carrier and carrier oring are so close that the little amount of shrinkage from the cold made it too lose. You may want to try another size lower on the carrier in those conditions.

BTAutoMag
i oiled it because it DIDNT work!!!!!

TigerMan
01-13-2003, 04:53 PM
Well it's not all bad, now you have a reason to go visit your friend, so you can get that last game of paintball with your Automag working like a charm. ;)

personman
01-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Just take like a heatlamp and connect it to the warp 9v and have it shining in your mag.. or make your own bigger battery pack :eek:

BTAutoMag
01-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by personman
Just take like a heatlamp and connect it to the warp 9v and have it shining in your mag.. or make your own bigger battery pack :eek:

yea i was thinking about making a CO2 bottle warmer for those cold days after this day

Jonno06
01-13-2003, 10:31 PM
lol..so you got your mag working again?

Ityl
01-13-2003, 10:35 PM
you were running CO2? are you crazy? :D

dropkick1
01-13-2003, 10:40 PM
in his area he doesn't have access to compressed air, i said the same thing a very long time ago, o well.

ken

BTAutoMag
01-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Ityl
you were running CO2? are you crazy? :D

oh come on you know me

besides, this is the ONLY time in 3 years ive had a prob

*ArKfEaR*
01-13-2003, 11:12 PM
:)

You going to ditch the ghetto C02 setup now?

FESTUS33
01-14-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by dropkick1
in his area he doesn't have access to compressed air, i said the same thing a very long time ago, o well.

ken
Yeah He Does have access to compressed air, But he'd have to travel a little way's south to get it.
I've lived in Wi. all my long and wayward life,
And the greatest thing that ever happened to Me and my
Mag's was compressed air.
I've had at least a dozen Mag's since my first one
{serial # in the 300's} and I have never had one that
I could use in winter with CO2.
Rick
:eek: