PDA

View Full Version : ULE Aluminum Body Style U-Pick!!!!

AGD
01-13-2003, 02:05 PM
AO,

Here are two pics of the ULE Aluminum Body we will be coming out with in the next few weeks. This is functionally the same as the Sluggo with cocker threads and a screw in vert feed. It is made primarily on a lathe not a mill so we don't get a lot of cosmetic options.

It is part of our ULE product line which stands for Ultra Light Engineering. The classic stainless body weighs 7.5 oz. and this one with a mid rise weighs less than 4 oz. This is intended to give you minimum weight ONLY not a bunch of cut and carve options. "No looks just cooks!" It will fit on all guns except RT.

I really don't want to come out with just a tube but due to the fact the aluminum is so thin there are only two cosmetic options. We have mocked them up below. Please pick one and vote in the poll.

Thanks!

AGD

This is the teardrop style

AGD
01-13-2003, 02:06 PM
this is the groove style.

RamboPreacher
01-13-2003, 02:08 PM
can't do multiple votes - they are all nice (even plain tube)! dang, my agd collection is fastly catching up to my PPS stuff.

TheTramp
01-13-2003, 02:11 PM
I like the "groove" style. The forum still wont let me vote.

pito189
01-13-2003, 02:15 PM
I like the groove body, but would the grooves go all the way around like that? Wouldn't the body have to be flat on the bottom so that it would sit flat on the rail?

Badabing
01-13-2003, 02:20 PM
It would defenetly be cool to have the grooves go all the way down the body if possible. I really like them a lot.

battlegroup
01-13-2003, 02:23 PM
The groove one looks like a ribbed condom!:p I'd have to say teardrop!

lopxtc
01-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Im for the tear drop ... would look kewl if you could make the teap drop all the way back to the vert tube ...

The groove is okay, maybe its just my dirty mind but something about the tube design with the grooves just brings weird images to mind ...

Are they going to be sold with either cocker or angel detent threading?

Aaron

**EDIT**
How about cutting the tear drops through so that you could see the barrel inside the tube?

Hexis
01-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Plain uber light tube is great! Give me style via color (GREEN!).

hardr0ck68
01-13-2003, 02:35 PM
i like the idea of cutting the tear drops right threw!! could you do anythign to the rear of the body? i know the idea is not for looks, but add just a lil looks and you add alot more people to your market. but something on the back right before the valve would be hot.

covadsucks
01-13-2003, 02:38 PM
I like the Teardrops better as it looks kind of timeless like an old hotrod. Also will these be anno'd already? I can't wait to see a finished product.

pito189
01-13-2003, 02:43 PM
I don't think you could do them all the way through the body. It's cocker threaded so you would be exposing the threads. Doesn't seem very structurally sound to me.:confused:

Evil Bob
01-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Plain for me. Any plans on warp feed versions?

-Evil Bob

cphilip
01-13-2003, 02:50 PM
I not allowed to say... I might offend you.

azzkikr
01-13-2003, 02:51 PM
hey tom I liked the teardrop one the best, one thing though even though you said "no looks just cook" it would look about 10 times better if you were to continue that exact same pattern in a twisting or spiraling motion. that way you really wouldn't have to change the pattern that much if any, and it would increase to looks of it a whole lot, in my opinion. later AZZKIKR

azzkikr
01-13-2003, 02:57 PM
oh and let me say, not to hurt anyones feelings but I'm all against the ribbed one.

JEDI
01-13-2003, 02:58 PM
I like the tear drop better. Something about the grooves stye looks weird. Looks crushed or accordian like.

darklord
01-13-2003, 03:16 PM
Teardrop looks best IMO, the grooved looks fugly, and almost resembles a sex toy or a ribbed condom...:rolleyes:

BTAutoMag
01-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by battlegroup
The groove one looks like a ribbed condom!:p I'd have to say teardrop!

its ribbed for our pleasure. i'd take the other one though

cheetah256
01-13-2003, 03:38 PM
sigh...any plans to make any bodies to fit classic RT's any time ever?

splat15k
01-13-2003, 03:47 PM
I like the teardrop the best, but it is still lacking a little. I have a question though: will these bodies come pre-anodized? I doubt they will due to multiple preferences, but it would still be good to know.

BajaBoy
01-13-2003, 03:53 PM
is this going to have the tail over the valve??:( please.

FutureMagOwner
01-13-2003, 03:55 PM
of the 2 id say tear drop but that isnt too spectacular either

Tunaman
01-13-2003, 04:35 PM
I like the Teardrop, but it needs more of them...or something....toards the back...or bigger cuts...dunno....:D :confused:

joeyjoe367
01-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Plain' ol tube for me :)

Will I be able to fit my RTP Sight-rail on-top of one of these puppies? Sightrails = sexiness.

FrAuStY
01-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Wow...I like it... this is probably asking a little much.. but are there any chances of getting these in Warp left and warp right? It'd be a nice addition for those of us who love our warp feeds and are looking for a little cosmetic extra.

Other than that Kudos on a job well done Tom and all the guys and gals ;) At AGD!!

Kevmag
01-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Voted for the tear drop.

What are the plans for selling these bodies? Will they be sold complete with ball detente, feed tube, and anodized?

Mango
01-13-2003, 04:56 PM
Tear Drop, but it does need more of them like Tuna said. or slope the back or something.

milomag
01-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Teardrop, but it could still be a lot flashier.

What are the feed tube threads?

FutureMagOwner
01-13-2003, 05:14 PM
cocker feed tubes arent threaded its angel feed tubes guys

Brak
01-13-2003, 05:31 PM
i like the teardrop more, but like everyone else, i think it needs more at the back and middle part of the valve.

my opinion is to sell the final one on stock classic mags. people these days NEED something milled. look at the sales (i havent, but still) of the new 2K3 cocker with the milling, i bet you it is higher than the 2K2 or 2K1 cockers at this point of the year, or its atleast almost reached them. the truth is, people want milling, no matter if it helps the gun perform or not. cool looking guns is what the market demands, and thats why many mags get critism, saying mags are "behind the times". im not saying that mags should go the way of the intimidator (INSANE MILLING), but i think that some nice designs (like the tear drop there) is a HUGE step in the right direction.

the consumers want looks, thats the truth!

RetroEclipseMan
01-13-2003, 05:34 PM
I like the tear drop one the best. I think that there needs to be more of them as well as having them extend further back.

Cha0tic
01-13-2003, 06:00 PM
a bigger teardrop, if possible. the groove body does nothing for me

magzown3
01-13-2003, 06:04 PM
O ya, I'm really liking the tear drop. I can not wait for these to come out!! Cocker threaded barrels w/ angel threaded feed tube is genious!

BarryTolar
01-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Teardrop , but I'm not buying one till I can get it in a warpfeed.

Barry

Doobie
01-13-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm with Battlegoup. Groves looks like it is a condom! I say teardrop!

FooTemps
01-13-2003, 06:40 PM
plain ule tube!

joeyjoe367
01-13-2003, 06:46 PM
When these are ready to be sold, will they be annodised, or powder-coated in anyway?

FooTemps
01-13-2003, 06:48 PM
oooh, i just dug this up from the old sluggo design thread... I don't this is feasible for mass production but would this be possible?

http://www.visi.com/~mjb/Paintball/Hexis-Sluggo.jpg

hexis made the design, i hope he doesn't mind me reposting it

BajaBoy
01-13-2003, 07:01 PM
ok i know this isnt what agd wants to hear right now. but we started out with the "supermag: whitch was Awesome. then to the slug. not the Ule. these are boring as heck.

could we get something that had a flow with the body rail? a lil boxed off?

why couldnt have the slug came as a box? insted of a cilender??

i had quotes on makin an "slf type" rt body. but there wasnt enouph metal to do it with the slug.
(the bigger the slug got the Better it would be)

Halliday
01-13-2003, 07:02 PM
Teardrop, the other is too "Trojan"-like.

Marchborne
01-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Definitely the teardrops, the grooved one is waaayyy too "ribbed" looking.

But, ditto the previous comments about more teardrops being a good thing.

Any idea when these might come out? I ask for selfish reasons: if I could grab one before the Mardi Gras Open, then I only need to take my 'cocker threaded barrels, not centerfeed twist-lockers as well...

SlipknotX556
01-13-2003, 07:37 PM
I like the Tear drop style. But it needs like some more cool looking cuts in it.

Xerces
01-13-2003, 07:58 PM
i say you carve off as much as possible w/o sacrificing structural integrity and see what that comes out looking like.

Havoc_online
01-13-2003, 08:04 PM
I voted teardrop.

than205
01-13-2003, 08:43 PM
My fingers are crossed for a sidefeed teardrop......;)

pito189
01-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy
ok i know this isnt what agd wants to hear right now. but we started out with the "supermag: whitch was Awesome. then to the slug. not the Ule. these are boring as heck.

could we get something that had a flow with the body rail? a lil boxed off?

why couldnt have the slug came as a box? insted of a cilender??

i had quotes on makin an "slf type" rt body. but there wasnt enouph metal to do it with the slug.
(the bigger the slug got the Better it would be)

Because if you have read any of these threads, you would know that the bodies are round because it is very much cheaper. With the bodies being round AGD can use a lathe. If they bodies started off square a mill would have to be used, which is much more expensive.

MantisMag
01-13-2003, 10:32 PM
can you do this with the tear drop? :D

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-13-2003, 10:42 PM
yea, i like mantis's more than yours tom :D what are these gonna be priced at? and colors??????????? when where and howmuch sign me up for a red one!

madmatt151
01-13-2003, 10:45 PM
So this will have cocker threads? What do I do with all my twist lock barrels? Hmmm....

nippinout
01-13-2003, 11:24 PM
I am going to have to go against both concepts entirely.

They don't seem all that much ULE'ish to me. Just looks like a aluminum Emag/RTP body with some milling.

Where are the windows and slots? The body itself isn't holding pressure, and only need to be strong enough to hold together under play.

An area where meat can be removed is in the rear. Keep some mainbody to hold the valve in place, but remove what isn't necessary.

Maybe it is ULE, and I just think 'Ultra Light' means absolute bare minimum. The ULE rail still has the flared rear area, but has much of the metal taken out of them, but they could have been chopped off entirely.

BTW, the ribbed ULE concept made Pepsi come out my nose!

DiRTyBuNNy
01-14-2003, 12:25 AM
I'd like to see someone try to adapt some of the X-Mags styling cues into the slug body...much like an X-Mag lite..or Diet X-Mag...hhmm..you know Diet Dr. X-Mag tastes just like regualar Dr. X-mag...oh well...

Mook564
01-14-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by magzown3
O ya, I'm really liking the tear drop. I can not wait for these to come out!! Cocker threaded barrels w/ angel threaded feed tube is genious!

I agree fully. Now I don't have to spend a small fortune to get a barrel that fits a Mag. My only question is price and what colors can I get one in. :D

Cryer
01-14-2003, 10:50 AM
what would the price range be? $100? $150? Will there be different annoed colors available from the factory or would we have to do that ourselves?

TheClapp15
01-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Ribbed for our pleasure? I'll take the teardrop.

Fred
01-14-2003, 11:45 AM
I like the teardrop.

These are gonna be available with some HOT annodizing right??? like, Xmag-ish fades?

Oh, and if this will be a whole ULE line, why not offer a side feed with a matched rail that is cut to allow it?

---Fred

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-14-2003, 12:06 PM
THANK YOU, finally something like this has come out, I was looking at getting a Sluggo done but anodizing and carving and parts would have made it be $350. A couple questions I'm sure we all have:

1.) What colors will be available directly from AGD online? I want black (or maybe blue), plain and simple, but other might want different mixes. Just as long as black is available and not grey I'm all set :D

2.) It's Angel threading for the Feed Port Right? Screw in? Does this mean the new Gated Feeds would work, and will you be selling them with a feed pre-installed or empty for our choice? Would the Gated Feed work for it or does Angel only make certain feed tubes screw-in? I think the Gated with it holding balls in place would offset the air push that Mags are known for and give the benefits of powerfeed in a centerfeed body.

3.) I think Teardrop looks great, the other will have us laughed off the field for shooting paint out of a trigger with a condom (or female arousal aid) attached to a trigger frame. Can the teardrop design be made to extend further down the body, the design at the back is kind of plain?

4.) Thank you for making it affordable, but roughly what price range are we looking at for plain colored ones? Fr multiple color ones? Any trade in for old bodies (I understand if you don't)?

5.) And finally, the question we're all drooling over.... how many weeks till release were you thinking? I'll preorder now if you had that available.

Thank you again, this is exactly what I was hoping for.

steveg
01-14-2003, 12:14 PM
Tom since you're at the machine shop allready how about
turning out some no-rise feed tubes to go with:cool:

Copper-TOP
01-14-2003, 01:04 PM
That groovething looks like a penis... Teardrop looks nice.

Miscue
01-14-2003, 02:04 PM
/me suggests... make a tube body... and make seamless slide on body part dress up kits (including removable feeds), kinda like how sight rails slide on... except really nice.

I think this kind of dress up kit would be popular... if done well.

These pieces would not have to meet super tolerances for purpose of a functioning gun, and would allow people to have several styling options... say if you have different back/front/feed pieces... I think you could take a block of aluminum and just drill hole in it size of tube body... and chop it up into segments.

People could mill the modular meat, even mill through the meat and continue into the body some if they wished to have deeper cuts.

Or, could be neat if you anodized the body a different color than the meat... and cut the meat to expose this for interesting stuff...

For instance... you could say... do a fade on the body... and then cut out tiger stripes on the modular meat. You now have a tiger stripe faded pattern going on...

AGD
01-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Ok tear drops it is. I am closing this thread and starting another with different tear drop options.

Thanks for the help!!

AGD