PDA

View Full Version : KROQ shoots loser with paintballs

leopardhead
01-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Link to pix on KROQ site (http://www.kroq.com/kroqnow/kroqnow.html)

KROQ radio in LA had a bet going on sports, loser to be shot with 140 paintballs at 60 feet.

Ralph the entertainment reporter won the bet. He used an Autococker but did not wear a mask. The victim had his goggles and mask on.

FalconGuy016
01-13-2003, 03:18 PM
That link just goes to the main page

and... uh, what? :)

gibby
01-13-2003, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I heard them talking about paintball last Friday and how they might go play during the weekend. Had I not been driving to work and caught up with the times(I have no cell phone)...I would have tried to call and comment on some of the stuff they were saying.

Things like I want to shoot him with red paint, I wanna see blood, I don't need a friggin mask, how much does that weapon go for? Just bothered me a bit.

Not to mention the spokesperson for the sport didn't try to correct their misinformed minds. Overall, if I didn't know anything about the sport, I would have thought paintball was for people who had too much pent up aggression. Sad. :(

leopardhead
01-13-2003, 03:32 PM
sorry, the way they launch pages hides the true path I guess

here's one pic
http://www.kroq.com/kevinandbean/sights/popups/dave/davedodging.jpg

from the main page go to KEvin and BEan
then click sights and sounds
then click sights

FalconGuy016
01-13-2003, 03:34 PM
man they said those things?? :( thats not cool

Mossman
01-13-2003, 03:43 PM
I kinda like their tarp shooting area :)

Anyhow, ya, what they said wasn't good but we have to stop stressing. There are morons all over, and the fact that some of them know about paintball and could be linked to it bad, but nothing to stress over. Until there is an injury at the hands of these morons I don't think it's worth stressing over.

Side note...are those music listening or sound blocking headphones that guy is wearing. If they're ear plug type things....haha toughguy. If they're listening headphones...haha toughguy just the same :P:D

FalconGuy016
01-13-2003, 05:02 PM
I wasnt stressing, it just wasnt very cool to say on radio :(

mag-hatter
01-13-2003, 07:28 PM
thats low. i used to listen to gayroq but now i dont. i found out about the wonders of kazaa :D. thats retarded that the shooter wasnt even wearing a mask. thank the gods above that the "loser" was wearing a mask or i would have raised hell.

G F K
01-13-2003, 08:05 PM
why don't you all just calm down about the whole "image" of paintball, because no matter how much we would all like the image to good in the eyes of society, it isn't and i don't think it will ever be. so who cares *edit* and if he wants to shoot a gun w/o a mask, woopty frickin doo. and calling it a weapon who cares. i listen to kevin and bean every morning and i could give a care about what they said other than it was hilarious.

*You are entitled to your opinion, but cussing is not allowed regardless if you abbreviate it or it's blocked out with asteriks. Clean it up or be banned.*

mag-hatter
01-13-2003, 08:30 PM
wow gfk. that was totaly uncalled for. im sorry if you airnt concerned with the "image" of paintball, but i sure am. i dont think you would be saying the same thing, had paintball been banned here in ca instead of ny.

G F K
01-13-2003, 08:53 PM
even if it was banned i still would play. BTW the reason it got banned is because of idiots that don't even play the sport, they just thought it would be "cool" to shoot ppl in the subway or were ever. but that is beside the point, there is caring about the image and getting all worked up because the guy who was shooting didn't were a mask, who cares. now i would be mad if they went down the street shooting ppl.