PDA

View Full Version : How are the Evolutions?

FalconGuy016
01-13-2003, 03:25 PM
How good or bad are the smart parts evolution cockers? I heard about just every cocker but I realized no one has ever said anything about the evolution (that I saw anyways). Does anyone have one or know about it?

http://www.smartparts.com/spevolution.htm

Also, half the pictures have a single trigger, while the other half have double trigger. Do they come standard with double?

Automaggin2
01-13-2003, 03:27 PM
I see a couple of them around the field, from what i see, they are awesome. prolly one of the best cockers around.

it says ADD 100 for BLADE

FalconGuy016
01-13-2003, 03:36 PM
sorry didnt see that?

davnport
01-13-2003, 04:08 PM
I like them so much I bought two! You can't go wrong with an Evo. They are incredibly smooth. Oh so smooth.

Don't get it with a hinge though, you'll be missing out on one of the best sliding triggers ever made.

The Evo is acutally made in England by Belsales, Smart Parts is the US distributor.

Belsales invented the roller sear. They have been producing the best cockers for quite some time now. They rely more word of mouth than coming up with a gimmick.

Pick one up and shoot it, you'll know.

banzaimf
01-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Evolutions have been one of the top cockers in the world for years. I remember lusting after them in 94. If it wasn't for the C&C I would have ended up with a red,silver,blue fade Evo last year.

FalconGuy016
01-13-2003, 04:59 PM
are freeflow cockers better? Or, are freeflow cockers just special internals

banzaimf
01-13-2003, 05:02 PM
what's better?

Bentley Arnage?
Ferrari 360 Modena?

it's all in your definition of better.
I personally prefer the Evo's. Not because of any slick advertizing, but because Belsales has been around for years doing the right things to cockers and making them run like a champ. IE. all on rep at this point

davnport
01-13-2003, 05:18 PM
It's a fairly subjective question when dealing with what is better.

I personally do not believe there is anything all to special with a Freeflow. They are big on low pressure and everyone knows a Freeflow will not chop a ball. Ya know what, thats great, a properly timed Cocker doesn't chop.

It's all a gimick. A ram is a ram, a reg is a reg, a 3 way is a 3 way.

A tungsten hammer, or a super flow valve, Do you really think you could tell the difference? No.

At one point performance levels out and you begin to loose reliability.

I should also note I have owned a Freeflow, so this is how I have formed my OPINION. Most people who spend 1000+ on a gun will tell you it is the greatest, it's human nature.