PDA

View Full Version : Spplat - 2??? Real or Not.

Darkstorm
01-13-2003, 04:49 PM
It would be really nice to hear something about this SOON. Even just that there is going to be one. A lot of people are already starting to commit to other things. I personnally am assuming LA and Labor day. If that is not right, and I don't hear something soon, I won't be there.

****EDIT 1/22/03 ****
Sounds like this is going to be at BLUE's house EMR for the Laborday Weekend (i.e. first Monday of Sept). He is also playing in some upcoming games including as a general.

This is the main site:
http://emrpaintball.com

The map link is on the direction page about half way down, a bit hard to see.

Evil Bob
01-13-2003, 04:57 PM
I agree, the sooner the better, need time to schedule time off from work.

-Evil Bob

spantol
01-13-2003, 05:35 PM
About a month ago, CPX said that they were "in negotiations" to hold it again: http://www.challengepark.com/full_feedback.asp?review_id=444

Smoke
01-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Sweet! I really wanna see it back in CPX again.

spantol
01-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Same here, if only because it's five minutes from my house. :D

To be fair, though, I sincerely hope that the myriad of complaints about CPX are addressed as part of those negotiations.

Load SM5
01-13-2003, 06:42 PM
I'd rather see it somewhere else personally. I enjoyed myself but I felt the problems were not addressed well and the customers who had valid complaints recieved short brush offs and no apologies. We paid a lot and should've been treated better by the CPX crew. I acually got a dirty look for not wanting to accept a box of paint with a few broken balls in it. At $80 for brass eagle, I'm sure not taking broken paint.

Either way I'll be there. Getting to hang out with my buds offsets a lot of bad customer service.

WARPED1
01-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Real,but Bill wants it in california so it's near his house and in like september so it's not so hot.

gibby
01-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Real,but Bill wants it in california so it's near his house and in like september so it's not so hot.

I second that! Also, TooDamnSweet is pretty tight with Bill and she wants him to have it here too...LOL!! Actually, I'm wondering what field is big enough to host 1500+ players. But hopefully wherever it'll be next, we can make it again too!

Muzikman
01-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Bah...the west coast is too far for most of the country. I think Chicago was a great place. Just need better service.

WARPED1
01-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by gibby

I second that! Also, TooDamnSweet is pretty tight with Bill and she wants him to have it here too...LOL!! Actually, I'm wondering what field is big enough to host 1500+ players. But hopefully wherever it'll be next, we can make it again too! Doesn't SC Village own something like CPX?Hollywood sports park or something?

gibby
01-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Doesn't SC Village own something like CPX?Hollywood sports park or something?

True..but right now, it's just too small.

WARPED1
01-13-2003, 08:19 PM
I see!I'll check it out when I get out there.

Kevmaster
01-13-2003, 08:27 PM
yeh, SC is too small. they have a lot of TRUE concept fields(no, not meaning hypder ball-- i mean bosnia, etc) but they dont have one or two large fields, i dont believe

warpfeedmod
01-13-2003, 09:08 PM
I particularly enjoyed it being at CPX for a few reasons, it's close to me, as well as the capacity for the numbers we had there. If CPX had more then one air shead filling 6 at a time for some 1200+ people, things would have been better. More staff, higher air fills, better paint, concessions out of more then one window, etc. I feel that if they can seriously make the changes to help for the next one it'll be great. If not can CPX and go elsewhere.

manike
01-13-2003, 09:21 PM
CPX was fun, but in my opinion they blew a lot of the important things :(

I want to go to California... ;)

davidb
01-13-2003, 09:33 PM
And California wants you to visit. :) I would LOVE to have Shatnerball come here, I would actually get to go to one of these things for a change!

Load SM5
01-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Well as long as you're crossing the pond eh Manike?

I'd love to see California agian but I cringe at the plane ticket price. Maybe it won't be too bad.

PsychoBaller
01-13-2003, 09:55 PM
hold it in some sorta neutral state... where its an equal distance from most people on either coast....

say.... Ohio.. or a state or two to the left of that...

ya dig ?

~da baller

manike
01-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
hold it in some sorta neutral state... where its an equal distance from most people on either coast....

You mean England?....

:D

Load SM5
01-13-2003, 10:05 PM
No! It takes forever to get around that place! And there's no Krispy Kreme. What, are we going to have a Crumpet Orgy?

SeeK
01-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller

say.... Ohio.. or a state or two to the left of that...

ya dig ?

~da baller

You need to take a look at a map or learn more geography. The middle of the US coasts is more like Kansas/Nebraska.

If you take into account the population spread then St. Louis would be a good location but Chicago would be best because the train and air fares would be cheaper.

The CPX problems were fixable but the key one will be allowing other paint.

It's not like they wouldn't be making a bunch of $$$ on parking, field fee, concessions and the extra exposure to so many new players.

They just got greedy cuting out the paint deals.

spazzed
01-13-2003, 11:54 PM
CPX fields = good.

The rest of CPX = Bad.

I'd go again, but they batter have some real friggin' paint and air-fills above 2200!! :mad:

Gambit1106
01-14-2003, 12:14 AM
COme on now you know we have to have it in Chicago again so I can make more burgers!!!!! Also Load my cat misses you.

Load SM5
01-14-2003, 12:21 AM
:eek:

DiRTyBuNNy
01-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Cali would be cool...if worse comes to worse I could have people sleeping on the floor at my house..hahahhaha..I'm about 1 1/2 hours away...and HSP is in the GGGHHHEEETTTTOOOO...it's like 2 miles from Compton...SC Village is nice but it's right smack dab in the middle of cow pastures..so it's not exactly the nicest smelling place..

TooDamnSweet
01-14-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
...SC Village is nice but it's right smack dab in the middle of cow pastures..so it's not exactly the nicest smelling place..
Funny you say that Dan! I have a friend who started playing paintball a few years ago. Most of the fields we went to were near farms and cows. So the running joke was, if you can smell cows...you have paintball! :D

Yes, HSP is far too small for the event and SC Village might have some interesting scenerios, but I'm just not too sure it can really host so many players.

I'm not sure how the paintball fields are up north. Anything comparible to CPX? Any takes from the NorCal players?

Oops..sorry, this post was made by Gibby...I thought TDS logged off...hehe! ;)

WARPED1
01-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Skirmish in Pa,it has 700 acres.I loved it.

PsychoBaller
01-14-2003, 03:39 AM
Skirmish in PA would def. be a prime location for this years SplattAttack... if Shatner hosts another one....

Massive amounts of fields.... plenty of Recreation on the side... decent paint/prices.... Well Known by far.......
Great accomodations as well

AGD... get on the horn to Shatner about hosting it at Skirmish.... hehehe

~da baller

WARPED1
01-14-2003, 12:25 PM
I used to play Dollack scenarios up there when I lived in massachusetts.They were great,good acomidations.no indoor plumbinmg but oh well.Big concession stand.Thet are/were FPO,but the prices weren't too bad when I was there.

Timmee
01-14-2003, 12:34 PM
My vote (if it even matters) is either Skirmish or EMR. Both are in Pennsylvania, though. The good news is Hershey is in Pennsylvania, too! :D

WARPED1
01-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Skirmish isd right in the heasrt of the Poconos,so there's hotel/motels.Not RIGHT next to the field,but close,Skirmish also has whitewater rafting!

digitard
01-14-2003, 12:50 PM
I would like to see it in Cali (cause its a small drive from AZ only) or Skirmish USA .....

www.cheaptickets.com ... once you find the date get your tickets from there.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Bront
01-14-2003, 12:57 PM
I'd love to see it in the midwest this year, that way I can make it. I didn't make it to the one at CPX due to budget comstraints (I was still waiting for my first marker), but I know I can make it this year if I get enough time to prep.

Why not take over McCormik Place? Lots of room :D

agdemagman69
01-14-2003, 01:01 PM
CPX would be nice, but they need to allow other paint...

hopefully they will improve

Thordic
01-14-2003, 01:26 PM
I refuse to go back to CPX. I don't even want to get into it. They double charged me for paint and it never got straightened out. I gave up.

And I doubt I'd make it out to california.

Skirmish!! :)

wyn1370
01-14-2003, 01:31 PM
anywhere but CPX (maybe another field near gambit's house, his wife might need another chiropractic adjustment). as long as brass eagle is left out, you can count me in.

Darkstorm
01-14-2003, 02:05 PM
I agree with CA also. I am not sure anyone from Texas would go to CPX again. But I was hoping to feel some LOVE from JJ though. I don't know of anyone who has seen or heard much from him lately. I'll just continue to wait longingly by my computer.......

Gambit1106
01-14-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
...his wife might need another chiropractic adjustment

Now that she had had the baby her back is better. Well wherever it is I will try to be there and all we have to do is make sure that there is a BBQ for me to make my burgers on. Plus find a place to buy 20lbs of hamburger meat again. :D

Darren

Miscue
01-14-2003, 04:37 PM
How about Las Vegas? We can play on the Strip and use the palm trees for bunkers!

:)

If it could make it to California... I'd be happy.

gibby
01-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Oooh! Vegas would be nice...great night life that's for sure!

alkafluence
01-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Ooohhh, Vegas.

That would be a great location to hold it, if there are appropriate fields.

You can always find cheap flights and lodging there. Especially if you've already been there for other reasons and receive some nice comps.

And as was already stated, great night life.

WARPED1
01-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Unfortunatly,there's no "scenario fields",at least that I know of.

Muzikman
01-15-2003, 06:17 PM
No matter were it is, Gambitt has to come (Hell man I'll pay for the plane ticket), we have to get him meat and a grill....Those had to be the best burgers I ever had!!!!!!!

Tom Sparkman
01-15-2003, 06:51 PM
How many acres are required? 40, 60, 100? More?

Tom

WARPED1
01-15-2003, 07:29 PM
100 or over,think of 1500 players on 40 acres!Yikes!

Darkstorm
01-15-2003, 07:48 PM
It also depends on the layout of the field....for example at CPX there was a choke point in the middle of the field that really make the field seem smaller. If the middle of the field is the widest section it really helps. And field area behind a base is wasted if you have to go past the base to get to it. But 100 is about min needed.

Darkstorm
01-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Congrats to Blue.

AutomagRT1483
01-22-2003, 11:20 PM
I vote for CPX due to the fact that its closest one up in the air so far. Skirmish or EMR would be my other choices, there only 10 hours away.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-23-2003, 12:48 AM
yeah...that's cool..but there is no way on god's green earth I'm going out to Pennsylvania for that...

WARPED1
01-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Then you're going to miss out in the better of the spplat attacks DB,IMHO.
It's being held at EMR.

Dayspring
01-23-2003, 03:35 PM
It says a SPPLAT charity event. May NOT be Shatnerball 2.

And I would imagine Tom would know, and he says that the announcement is coming probably this month or begining of next.

Then you're going to miss out in the better of the spplat attacks DB,IMHO.
It's being held at EMR.

**Edited for spelling**

WARPED1
01-23-2003, 03:38 PM
Good point Day!Never really thought of that.