PDA

View Full Version : Newb Mag Owner Seeks Wisdom!

Carbon
01-14-2003, 03:19 AM
After a week of debate i decided to get a Mag. I just got a TKO mag from action village. What should be the first thing i should do when i get my Mag? My guess is to oil up the ASA shoot a few and check for macroline leaks. I any case i have a propelant question.

Im runnin c02, have a vertical Palmer reg and a 12 degree ASA im goin to cannablize from my F4 Illustrator. I also got a KAPP Teardrop forward, which further drops my asa angle appx. another 12 degerees. This is my setup till i can get a HPA system goin. In anycase, I know mags arent too keen wit CO2.

I was wondering how the double reg setup (palmer and A.I.R.) would fare consistency wise, can I even come close to what HPA systems get, FPS deviation wise? The local OUTDOOR field chronos at 240, would the level 10 cop out at these velocities?

Is the 24 degree ASA and the double reg setup enough to keep liuqid out of the gun?

Finally, unfortunately my local field doesnt do HPA fills. I was wondering if it is rude, or a field faux pas to ask a fella for a fill from his SCUBA tank, assuming i got a 3k bottle.

Thanks for yer help yall!.

Load SM5
01-14-2003, 08:49 AM
I would think you'd be fine with that setup. Mags tend to run pretty well on CO2 if you take the steps to keep the liquid out. And it sounds like you did.

I would'nt think it would be rude to bring a scuba tank to the field. Especially if they don't fill air there themselves. I'm sure they'll get their money off of you in field fees and paint.

Hemorrhage
01-14-2003, 05:50 PM
He meant getting a fill from someone else's scuba tank. I think it's fine. I have to use this guys scuba to fill my tank when we go out in the woods. I just give the guy a buck and he's happy since it only takes him 3 bucks and change to fill the whole SCUBA!