PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Benchmark Trigger Frame

Severe
01-14-2003, 09:12 AM
I've found a Benchmark double-finger trigger frame I'd like to get. However, it's marked as RT. Would this frame work with either a Classic Micromag or Classic Automag. I really don't see where there would be any difference.

Can anyone shead some light on this for me please. Thanks ahead of time.

Steve

Vanced
01-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Severe,

Only Diff is that the one Marked "RT" has a flat top surface to mount to the bottom of the Old Style RT Mag, instead of the Dove Tail style that is on regualr Mag Rails or the bottom of a Micro Mag. It also has a larger hole for the Banjo Bolt of the old style RT. It "Does" and will work though. I know I have tried it owning one of the said "RT" Benchy frames. But know it may slide a bit left to right and have a chance of pinching the sear pin or just ending up unaligned. I however "DON'T" recomend it if you have another option. There is no price differce in buying it and the correct frame if your buying it new. But if you get it for free or something, It will fire.

Hope that helps...
Vanced

Severe
01-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Vance,

Thanks much for the information. Do you know if the Benchmark frames label for the RT Pro have the same flat top?

I'm only considering this because I can get a new one for $45. Considering the price difference between that and the intelliframe, it's worth looking at.

Thanks again,

Steve

TheTramp
01-14-2003, 03:35 PM
To use an RT frame with any other rail you must have an insert that goes in the hole where the field strip screw goes. As stated above, this hole is larger for the Banjo bolt that was used in the RT. If you don't have the insert (you can get one cheap from AGD) the frame will slip from side to side. As this will mess with the sear, it's a bad thing.

Vanced
01-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Steve,

Any frame for the RT-Pro is the same frame for any Automag Gun except for the old style RT. I only thought Benchy made two styles of frame the "RT" frame for the old RT and their regular frames that will fit the RT Pro, or any other Mag, Mini, or Micro, for that matter. So any frame with an "RT" label on it is probably for the older style RT w/ flat top & big hole.
As for your $45.00 you should be able to find a regualr double benchy used for that price without too much of a problem in the forum or save a used I-frame it would only be a little more and well worth it. Either way I do recomend getting the right style of frame. As I said the "RT" frame will work, but not worth the hassle & potential problems unless you get it free or no more than 10-15 bucks IMHO.

Vanced