PDA

View Full Version : Question about sluggo and ULE bodies

Blennidae
01-14-2003, 12:04 PM
I hope I don't get hammered for lack of searching but I thought I'd ask.

Since the sluggos and ULE bodies are designed to be retro fit onto existing rails, but have cocker threads, what do you do with the twistlock?

Do you have to remove it from your rail before mounting the body, or is there an area in the body cut out that the now unused twistlock fits into?

cphilip
01-14-2003, 12:07 PM
You would have to press it out. No there is nothing on the ones I seen to fill the hole. Your just going to have a hole in the rail is all. Good question though.

FESTUS33
01-14-2003, 01:03 PM
I did mention this in my original thread, about
my Sluggo. But I'm not the search police so don't
sweat it ;) You just press the twist lock detent out
from the bottom of the rail. When you put the marker
back together, the hole get's hidden between the
body and grip frame.;)
Rick:eek:

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-14-2003, 01:17 PM
Two questions related to this:

1.) Isn't the twistlock stop that connects into the grip needed to keep the rail steady on the frame? Seems the gun would rattle all the time if something wasn't there.

2.) Which way is it pressed. It has somehow managed to get VERY stuck into the rail and thinking I might need a hammer to remove it. Any ideas?

FESTUS33
01-14-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by QUINCYMASSGUY
Two questions related to this:

1.) Isn't the twistlock stop that connects into the grip needed to keep the rail steady on the frame? Seems the gun would rattle all the time if something wasn't there.

2.) Which way is it pressed. It has somehow managed to get VERY stuck into the rail and thinking I might need a hammer to remove it. Any ideas?

1.} No the Pem nut and screw hole's through the
trigger loop take care of alignment.

2.} Press it out from the bottom of the rail,
if it really is stuck use a hard rubber or a
brass hammer. But dont hit it too hard, you
don't want to warp you're rail.
Hope this help's.
Rick :eek:

Cryer
01-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Perhaps the new body will just press down on the spring loaded tip, getting it out of the way and avoiding the potential problem with stabalizing the grip frame.
Although, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that the hole in the grip that the lock mechanism fits into has a larger diameter than the locking mechanism. I don't think it has any affect on the stability...
Hell, I don't know:confused:

FESTUS33
01-17-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Cryer
Perhaps the new body will just press down on the spring loaded tip, getting it out of the way and avoiding the potential problem with stabalizing the grip frame.
Although, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that the hole in the grip that the lock mechanism fits into has a larger diameter than the locking mechanism. I don't think it has any affect on the stability...
Hell, I don't know:confused:

Nope! it does'nt work that way, you have to press
it out or the body won't go on the rail without
damaging one or both of them.
Rick :eek: