PDA

View Full Version : Im pissed

impulse666
01-14-2003, 02:49 PM
I just got my new used RT fixed and i soon found out that my thor reg is not capable of putting out enough pressure to make it go auto. I now get rid of my thor reg, get a new drop forward and an adjustable output 68/45 tank. This is like three hundred bucks. There is no alternative that i know of that is cheaper. I also have to solve a barrel dilema. Freak no line up with my left feed RT. All this make me really mad. Thats why I like my Impy and FreeFlow cocker better.

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Gear
Impy
Freeflow
Retard RT
Freek system
68/45 crossfire
12v revy

soon to come
warp w/ dual battery
new tank

FalconGuy016
01-14-2003, 02:51 PM
You should not have had a reg on your mag

Edit: Sorry, I just realized it was a tank reg

digitard
01-14-2003, 02:52 PM
It shouldn't be going auto to start out with ... mags are Semi auto markers.

Also in general you wont need a reg on your mag .. the AIR valve already has a built in reg and if your using a preset tank there's another.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Dayspring
01-14-2003, 02:55 PM
I don't know why the Freak won't line up. I have a Freak back on loan from a teammate that's cut for left and right powerfeed. Works fine for me.

Also, "going full auto" is called runaway. It technically is a gun malfunction, is illegal in NPPL and most other tournament circuits and you run risk of damaging the gun.

FalconGuy016
01-14-2003, 03:01 PM
mabye he has a centerfeed mag

Dayspring
01-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by impulse666
Freak no line up with my left feed RT.

impulse666
01-14-2003, 03:03 PM
That is why I am getting rid of the thor reg. It is not a tank reg. I dont mean full auto. It is legal to hold the trigger down on an RT. I am probubly going to get an adjustable freeflow tank from propaintball (Lockout and the makers of freeflow). Off the record their new field kicks ***. Now that they moved out of the closet they have a nice showroom and a JT airball field.

watch the curse filter stuff - cphilip

Dayspring
01-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Go ahead and try it at the NPPL or other big tourney. My guess is that it'll get pulled.

I dont mean full auto. It is legal to hold the trigger down on an RT.

cphilip
01-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Forget it for the moment fella's. He came to complain not learn I am afraid. If he comes back and asks we can help him but I am suspicious of these kinds of things....

FalconGuy016
01-14-2003, 03:06 PM
Well mabye the barrel was meant for centerfeed then :)
YOu shouldnt have to buy a whole new tank if the thor reg isnt on the tank itself. Or am I missing something yet again? sorry im tired :)

Gecko
01-14-2003, 03:10 PM
coughshortenon/offpincough
who what who said that?

Marchborne
01-14-2003, 03:30 PM
That is why I am getting rid of the thor reg. It is not a tank reg. I dont mean full auto. It is legal to hold the trigger down on an RT. I am probubly going to get an adjustable freeflow tank from propaintball (Lockout and the makers of freeflow). Off the record their new field kicks ***. Now that they moved out of the closet they have a nice showroom and a JT airball field.

watch the curse filter stuff - cphilip

Before Manike or one of the other Brits starts in-- you shouldn't be operating that RT while intoxicated. :D

Question: why does getting rid of your THOR mean you need a new tank? Last I heard, the THOR was meant to be a second regulator to drop the pressure of PMI pre-sets down to low-pressure ranges. You should be able to just get an ASA/on/off and screw in the pre-set tank, depending on output pressures (PMI usually does ~850 psi, I think).

Q2: won't a tank meant for a freeflow's low pressures have the same problems with too-low output for the RT?

Also: Since when is holding down a trigger, for multiple shots per pull, NOT full auto, and therefore illegal under any tournament rules I'm aware of?

la690
01-14-2003, 04:55 PM
im from ontario,NY outside of rochester. Pro's new shop is mega cool.

Jonno06
01-14-2003, 04:59 PM
lol..

he sounds like a n00b wanting his RT full auto..

and..he spelled "freak" wrong..

and...

well,no more ands..hes just..a n00b.

mykroft
01-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Falconguy: The Thor is a bottomline reg sold as acheap way to get an adjustable system. It's a package deal with some PMI Tanks.

What he wants to do is bump the reactivity up so his RT will Sweetspot. This is a quick way to get yourself kicked of a field though. I generally find that 850psi gives plenty of reactivity to the trigger.

impulse666: Be careful what you buy, most Air systems these days don't go above 7-800psi output. The Flatline or a Max-Flo HP with an HP spring kit (Sounds like a repetition, but isn't) will put out over 1000psi (And there's probably a couple other systems that will, but the Angel Gameboy isn't one of them).

rikkter
01-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Jonno06
lol..

he sounds like a n00b wanting his RT full auto..

and..he spelled "freak" wrong..

and...

well,no more ands..hes just..a n00b.

your the n00b you n00b
:eek: :eek:

and pst, he did spell freak right.
edit: wait i found out where he type freek. but hey it still sounds the same

Originally posted by mykroft
What he wants to do is bump the reactivity up so his RT will Sweetspot. This is a quick way to get yourself kicked of a field though. I generally find that 850psi gives plenty of reactivity to the trigger.

lol i like how he states its a good way to get kicked off, then quickly tells him a good amount of pressure to get the sweetspot
:D

impulse666. i'll save your problems. i'll buy it off of you.

Timmee
01-14-2003, 07:08 PM
At 850 psi, the trigger will be decent, but it won't easily go into runaway. I've run my (old school) RT at 1000 psi, and still couldn't sweetspot the trigger. It does increase the reactivity some, though.

impulse666
01-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Eat poo and live, I am no noob. Is not my fault if I cant spell. I am a noob to Mags if thats what you mean. I thought it was legal to make the RT "Runaway".

Guy from Onterio. I am from newark newyork. I am going to play some rec ball at their new jt airball field. My team (Supreme Beanz) Are going to kill people at the young guns and and play the 4 man novice touramant.

I CNAT SPLEL

impulse666
01-15-2003, 01:27 PM
The freeflow tanks can be used with any gun. The tanks's output pressure can go to 920.

Dayspring
01-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Nice to have you back. :rolleyes:

Eat poo and live, I am no noob. Is not my fault if I cant spell. I am a noob to Mags if thats what you mean. I thought it was legal to make the RT "Runaway".

Guy from Onterio. I am from newark newyork. I am going to play some rec ball at their new jt airball field. My team (Supreme Beanz) Are going to kill people at the young guns and and play the 4 man novice touramant.

I CNAT SPLEL

toymyster
01-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Please don't take this personally, to me, it seems like you are whining because your RT, which is functioning properly, will not work with the Inferior accessories you have!! And of course, it has to be a flaw of the gun that the P.O.S. Thor reg can't keep up with it!! Again, this is not a flame, nothing personal, just decided to go off on a rant for a minute or two!!!

Tom Sparkman
01-15-2003, 04:01 PM
My team (Supreme Beanz) Are going to kill people at the young guns and and play the 4 man novice touramant.

Isn't that illegal?

Tom ;)

impulse666
01-15-2003, 05:17 PM
I got my RT used and It came with the thor reg and I am a mag noob.

Lesman
01-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Impulse:

I had a similar problem with my stainless freak back. It turned out that the reason it would not line up is because I couldn't turn it into position completly. The reason was that the "ramp" in the groove is slightly higher than the stock AGD barrel. All you need to do is to take a small swiss pattern file and create a radius on the "ramp" in the grove. Go slow and remove small amounts of material then check your fit.

DeathscytheSK
01-15-2003, 09:54 PM
I suggest someone make a video or something of someone shooting an RT or Xvalve without runaway, so far I have only seen RT valves in action on runaway from butters.org, I heard his are on runaway, Becuase I have no clue how much faster an RT is actually shooting right and not runaway from the classic valve, I personally would like to see how much faster they shoot than the classic valve without being on malfunction, if someone knows where I can see one actually shooting right, please post