PDA

View Full Version : Is my 6 month old Emag solenoid under warranty?

JEDI
01-14-2003, 02:51 PM
AGD has my Emag because it wasn't shooting in E mode. It turns out my solenoid has crapped out, and I need a new one. A new one will cost me $50. As I hung up the phone, my friend says, "Shouldn't that be warranteed?" The gun is less than a year old. Its like 6 months old. Shouldn't it be covered?:confused:

cphilip
01-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Nope its 90 days on the electronics of it.

Problem with these is that an improperly set on off pin or a sear can cause overheating and intermittent power issues or even over heat stuff. They do not go out often as far as I can tell though.

JEDI
01-14-2003, 03:18 PM
Ok, thanks Phil. Just curious. Its not a big deal I guess.

cphilip
01-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Coulda been worse...coulda been the board! Sorry that happened. But that is the bright side. And I am sure they will make sure the rest of the stuff that coulda helped caused it is right too while it's there. :)

JEDI
01-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Coulda been worse...coulda been the board! Sorry that happened. But that is the bright side. And I am sure they will make sure the rest of the stuff that coulda helped caused it is right too while it's there. :)

Yeah, actually JJ told me that if it went any further it would have been the board, so I am greatful.

cphilip
01-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Oh its JJ workin on it huh? Well then...make sure you send cash in an envelope with just his name on it. :D

cledford
01-14-2003, 03:40 PM
It should still be covered under the star program, right?

I quote:

"We offer a 90-day limited warranty from the date of original retail purchase. This limited warranty covers some parts, labor, manufacturing defects, and malfunctions."

"After the 90-day limited warranty ends, we have what we call star warranty program. There are one to four stars laser engraved above the serial number on your marker's valve assembly. Each star entitles you to a free repair of your marker."

"All E-Mags, RT Pros, Retro Valves and Flatlines without engraved stars have the equivalent of 2 stars. We will "punch" the valve to show that a warranty repair has been done on the valve. We are going to begin laser-engraving stars on these valves soon."

The warranty page mentions nothing about mechanical vs. electronic problems.

The way I see it (unless I'm missing something) is that:

0-90 days everything should be covered.

after 90 days each repair should burn a star.

After stars run out Emags run $65 plus parts for repair.

Under all circumstances after a repair is made the repair is covered for an additional 90days with no penalty - if the gun is back to the factory prior to the 90th day.

Here is the AGD warranty page:

http://www.airgun.com/WarrantyPolicy.shtml

-Calvin

cphilip
01-14-2003, 03:41 PM
I think that is just the valve and hard parts only?

It could be clearer I admit but...

We will "punch" the valve to show that a warranty repair has been done on the valve.

cledford
01-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Absolutely no offense intended to AGD, but I think it should clearly say so if that is the case.

The first quotes says "covers some parts" which could theoretically eliminate the electronics, but the second quotes says "Each star entitles you to a free repair of your marker." The second statement seems kinda inclusive and could mean everything including the electronics. Either statement could be interpreted either way and could even cancel each other out!

The only reason I care is that mine is back for RA right now :( Thankfully, it looks like a mechanical issue - but I guess I always assumed that the electronics were just as well covered. Hopefully the problem is mechanical and I won't have to worry.

-Calvin

cphilip
01-14-2003, 03:54 PM
I agree it could be clearer.

JEDI
01-14-2003, 03:55 PM
Well, this brings up another question. The gun was at AGD about 1 month prior to this and wasnt used much between the two visits. One star was punched when it returned. Couldn't AGD have checked the Solenoid, so I wouldnt have had to use up another star/$50? They checked everything else over?

cphilip
01-14-2003, 03:57 PM
I don't know. What did your repair ticket say that time? I will ask Jon to check into this for clarification. I just emailed him about it. Hold on and let me do some investigating.

A lot of times an electical part does not give you any warnings.

ShooterJM
01-14-2003, 04:04 PM
yeah, electronics can crap out without warning. Think I have an emag solenoid lying around here somewhere if you need one though. Don't know if you're comfortable installing it on the board though.

AGDJon
01-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Ok this was how I worked the warranty when I was in tech dept.

After the 90 days, the star program begins.

If a marker comes in for repair, we will punch your star (which will cover both labor and parts, but not including any aftermarket parts or modifications) and your 90 days begins again.

This is how I ran the tech dept. I hope this helps bro. If you have any questions, then call us and we will see what happens.

cledford
01-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Jon's the man!

-Calvin

cphilip
01-14-2003, 04:09 PM
OK then sounds like you need to call JJ back and get clear on exactly this issue.

JEDI
01-14-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys, I'll do that