PDA

View Full Version : Micromag opinions, please

CMDane
01-14-2003, 04:45 PM
One of the local shops has a hopper right Micromag on the wall on consignment for $300, although the shop owner said the guy might go down to $275 or $250. It's been upgraded to the RetroValve and IIRC, the valve number is around 10k. It comes with a D/F and a Cocker barrel that I didn't recognize. Would this be a worthwhile purchase?

Thanks,
Charles

yeahthatsme
01-14-2003, 05:05 PM
i dunno what you mean by d/f or iirc but a micro with a retro is a great let me repeat GREAT deal.

Remington
01-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
i dunno what you mean by d/f or iirc but a micro with a retro is a great let me repeat GREAT deal.

"D/F" is an abbreviation of "drop forward" and I have no idea what an "iirc" is either. Sounds like a good deal to me. What kind of frame is it: Benchmark or other?

EsPo
01-14-2003, 05:19 PM
i dont think that it matters if it has a benchy or not for 225.. thats an awesome deal

UThomas
01-14-2003, 05:21 PM
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly :)

Smitty2k1
01-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Ive only heard good things about micromags, hell thats what Im saving around $800 for ;)

But h/r is going to be weird for a right hander... unless you use a warp :)

very good deal though

CMDane
01-14-2003, 05:50 PM
D/F= Drop Forward
IIRC= If I Recall Correctly

Sorry for the short hand, after working online for a long time, I forget that some people aren't as up on chat acronyms as others. :)

It's a stock AGD frame, single trigger. As for the Hopper Right, the first Mag I shot was a Hopper Right RT. To be honest, I almost prefer the Hopper Right, with my Rico, I can actually use the window on the left side to see into the bloody thing and check if I need a reload. :)

The $250 might be pie-in-the-sky, but I'm pretty certain that $275 wopuld be a go. I'll ask the shop owner this afternoon.

Thanks for the info!

Charles

big E kingpin
01-14-2003, 06:45 PM
JUMP ON IT, ive had a micro for like 5 years now, absolutly love it

Puddleglum
01-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Would you please buy it for me???? I'm actually serious. Please e-mail me at puddleglum@safeaccess.com

CMDane
01-14-2003, 11:03 PM
As it turns out, it's a Benchie 2x frame (sans safety), duckbill ASA and hopper left. I'm getting old and the memory is going a little bit. I was able to have the shop owner put a 45/45 on it and could almost sweet spot it with very little effort. I can deal with the Benchie. Just put a thin washer on one side of the trigger to get rid of the trigger slop. :)

I'll be buying it this weekend, most likely for $275. It will give me a good back-up marker and a marker that my girlfriend can use when her RT gets too heavy for her. :)

Question about the retro valve, kinda OT (off-topic), but can the retro take CO2? If so, I can pick up a 20 oz. CO2 tank and use it as a loaner for friends from time to time.

Thanks for the feedback and info, it's been a great help in my decision to buy it!

Charles

p.s. They also have a Classic on the wall for $320. It's been tricked out a little bit. If anyone is interested in that one, I can get more info on it later on in the week, including contact numbers.

darklord
01-14-2003, 11:24 PM
ReTro is compressed air only! period! do not put co2 in that thing! Every time you whisper "co2" to your ReTro I heard Tom Kaye's heart stops! ;) :D

CMDane
01-15-2003, 01:06 AM
No problem, better to ask before I hooked it up. The shop owner's wife (who was in the shop this afternoon, hubby was at home) almost hooked up a CO2 bottle to the Micro. I'm glad I stopped her before she did and had her throw on a 45/45. :)

Charles

toymyster
01-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Prsonaly, I think just about any working gun with a Retro valve is worth $250!! I would snap it up quickly, and If you don't like it, you can always sell it for at least that much!!

FreshmanBob
01-15-2003, 02:52 PM
get it! it's a steal!

I loove my micro, cocker threading is awsome, especially when your using a barrel they don't make for mags like me :D

The only tiny problem you may have, probably not any time soon is with the ball detente. If it starts double feeding just knock out the little pin that holds the detente in, clean everything an stretch out the spring, easy as that.

Get yourself a level 10 an you have one sweet marker.

Also, hopper left works great with a warp feed if your interested in that too.

FalconGuy016
01-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Yep. :) I know you know now, but I will say it again, thats an AMAZING deal and I wish I was there to buy that