PDA

View Full Version : why is my hose threaded?

TheJester
01-14-2003, 06:06 PM
my stainless hose has internal threads for some odd reason, i don't know why they're there. don't take my word for these #'s, just what i want to say what they are, but it's been a long time since i checked but....the hose has the normal 1/4 in pipe thread or what ever it is to screw it into any air fittings, but INSIDE the hose, there's a i belive 10-28 (same threads as the screws you put in your bottomline and what not) any 1 know why they are there????? or just a spoof?

ps, not sure if this has anything to do w/ it, but it's the stock short hose from a minimag

Kevmaster
01-14-2003, 06:25 PM
just FYI, the threads for air in PB guns is 1/8" National Pipe Thread(aka Standard Pipe) and the bottomline is 10-32.

however, this may be there to plug off the end with just a screw? dont quote me, but ive never heard of that...and ive seen a lotta fittings...

on second thought, its prolly a custom job by a novice(in house) "airsmith"

TheJester
01-14-2003, 06:48 PM
ok, thanks for the # clarification, i was a little off, but
"on second thought, its prolly a custom job by a novice"

this is in the hose that came w/ my minimag, the hose that connects the cert adaptor to the valve, the stock hose, the hose AGD installed, so i doubt it was some one just in their basement

Kevmaster
01-14-2003, 07:25 PM
i guess i take that back then...im clueless

KayleAGD
01-14-2003, 10:39 PM
The internal thread is for a filter from back in the day when there was crappy old rusty co2 tanks..