PDA

View Full Version : X-Mag in Action Pursuit Games

Dayspring
01-14-2003, 07:11 PM
APG does one of their mini review/advertisements on the X-Mag (Although they still call it the Extreme Mag. Here's the synopsis-

"Airgun Designs Cut & Carved E-Mag Extreme, light and fast, includes the new mainbody, valve with the Lvl 10 Mod that's gentle on paint, the light stainless steel Gen II Superbolt to reduce recoil, an Anti-Chop Eye, and Interchangabe Breech Modules. MSRP: $1250 (black), $1350(polished). Airgun Designs, Inc., 804 Seton Ct., Wheeling, IL 60090; Phone 847-520-7507; http://www.airgun.com; http://www.automags.org"

The pic is of Tom's old blue colored X-Mag with a black barrel. Can't tell what type.

Page 20 of the March 2003 issue.

Not only that, but they have a pic of a guy in the "In Your Face" movie holding an X-Mag. PLUS- they have a story on Pro Team Products, with the first pic being a really big MicroMag. We're all over the magazine this month!

nastymag
01-14-2003, 07:44 PM
i really dont like APG .... they make me feel like i reading somthing that has been writen to make money and that its.

i know its for newbies .... but seriously do you have to first person stories of a sneaking up attack on D day on paintball magazine.

its way to candy coated

Remington
01-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Well, since were on the topic of paintball magazines, I just thought I'd point out that in light of the passing away of Maurice Gibbs, there is an article about him in the Dec. '02 issue of PGI: North America(Paintball Games International). I suggest you pick it up it's a very good article(and a very done magazine in general). May he rest in peace, but live on through the spirit of both paintball and the art and sound of music.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-15-2003, 01:37 AM
If it's been said once, it's been said a million times...

APG = Ads Plus Guns

Bulldog
01-15-2003, 04:42 AM
I don't really care for APG myself, every issue is the same, but at least some of the newb's who read it will maybe think positivly about AGD instead.

And Dayspring, just in case no one's told you, that quote in your sig is absoloutly hilarious.

Dayspring
01-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks. :) I have more quotes here (http://www.geocities.com/pappyfdu/quotes.html)

Originally posted by Bulldog
I don't really care for APG myself, every issue is the same, but at least some of the newb's who read it will maybe think positivly about AGD instead.

And Dayspring, just in case no one's told you, that quote in your sig is absoloutly hilarious.

RamboPreacher
01-15-2003, 10:02 AM
I happen to like APG. yes there are alot of ads, but that's what helps pay the bills of any magazine. As far as it beiung for beginners. maybe, maybe not. I guess I just say they have a different target audience than some other "paintball" mags that I wouldn't even allow in my home. I consider Jessica and Dan friends and ther eis alot of good stuff in APG and Paintball.

alkafluence
01-15-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
If it's been said once, it's been said a million times...

APG = Ads Plus Guns

Agreed! I have some issues of APG going back to somewhere in 92-93, and 1 issue from 89. Unfortunately, there has always been a copious number of ads beyond what are necessary in that magazine.

Yes, ads pay the bills, but as the number of ads have increased in that magazine so have the price - as it now takes 2-3 times the number of pages (read number of pieces of paper) to print the same amount of substantive content.

Which is why I now tend to pick up PGI or P2X.