PDA

View Full Version : I got the flu really bad :(

Brian68mag
01-15-2003, 01:14 AM
Im just wondering if anyone has any great tips to get better quick, i only have 3 more weeks to qualify for state(swimming) and i was only 3 seconds off... I already ahd pneumonia at the beginning of the season so this illness was unneeded :(.

Ah this sucks :(

Hamster Huey
01-15-2003, 10:53 AM
If you're really miserable and you really need to get better fast, set up an appointment with your doctor. There are new drugs out now that can shorten the duration of flu illness by a full day or two. They can't cure it, but they can make it a lot easier to get back to doing the things you need to be doing. Just make sure you see you doc quick. The drugs need to be given within the first day or two of illness to have any effect. Beyond that, make sure you drink plenty of fluids (everyone says this but it really really is important and will help you feel better sooner), take a multivitamin daily (which you should be doing anyway), and sleep sleep sleep. Good luck.

Archangel Damien
01-15-2003, 11:02 AM
chug half a bottle of nyquil and 2 shots of JD have a really hot shower and the cover up with as many blackets as you can and sweat it out.