PDA

View Full Version : A good deal???

Grayso
01-15-2003, 03:04 PM
Ok, I've finally broken down and am gonna buy an automag. This guy at a shop nearby has a used automag, with Dye Boomstick, Double Trigger Frame, Regulator, Drop Forward, and some kind of upgraded valve (Not the RT). He also has a small HPA tank with it. He wants $500 for it all. Is this a good deal? How much would it be worth?

Also, i am going to see if I can trade in my Tippmann for it. It is a 98 Response with expansion chamber, drop forward, hyperstar bolt, and macro line setup. About how much could I get for it?

Mossman
01-15-2003, 03:12 PM
for 500 that's not too hot of a deal. You can shop around for a retro package with air in the classifieds for 500.

If you can trade your tippy and knock off a chunk of the price it may be OK, but in all honestly ur RT tippy is gonna shoot faster and be equally reliable to the mag. The mag will have a better fit and finish, ergonomics (my opinion), and upgradeability, but I sure as hell wouldn't drop 300 bucks to go from a RT tippy to a classic mag

TheTramp
01-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Grayso
Ok, I've finally broken down and am gonna buy an automag. This guy at a shop nearby has a used automag, with Dye Boomstick, Double Trigger Frame, Regulator, Drop Forward, and some kind of upgraded valve (Not the RT). He also has a small HPA tank with it. He wants $500 for it all. Is this a good deal? How much would it be worth?

I would not pay $500 for this. The "upgraded valve" takes away from the value unless you'll also get the stock parts. The extra regulator is unnessasary so you should not pay extra for it. Is the HPA tank adjustable? If not, I'd add no more that $100 for that plus $50 for the Boomstick. Basicly, I'd say $250-$300 is the most I'd pay and that's only with the stock parts added.

darklord
01-15-2003, 03:29 PM
for $500 that deal sucks. Look at the classifieds on AO and you'll see much better deals. For another 150-200 you can get a used e-mag. Without nitro, but still, this is an e-mag we're talkin about!
Oh and by upgraded valve I take it it's the 8 hole mod or whatever... which is pretty useless.
I guarantee you can find a used ReTromag with a small n2 tank on AO for considerably less.

FalconGuy016
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
very bad deal, I got basically the same thing with an extra AA barrel and an extra drop too for 380. Any "upgrades" to the valve that arent AGD made are generally not considered a good thing for the valve and probably makes the valve worse. Check out the classified sections and you will see many better deal

magsRus
01-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Thats a BAD thing if he put a secondary regulator on the mag it will starve it for air.

And thats a bad deal you can find way better ones on here.