PDA

View Full Version : RexPlex Paintball(NJ)

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-15-2003, 03:42 PM
What are your veiws on it? Do they have good feilds? Good Refs? Do things run smoothly? Share with me some experiences up there i may be going there in a week or 2.

This is in NJ.

Dayspring
01-15-2003, 04:06 PM
They have ONE, read SINGULAR, field.

It's ok. Kinda dark. But you can watch the action from both ends through some glass with the netting in front. Their staging area is kinda small and gets REAL slick from paint. (Also, don't drop any paint- it'll get picked up and sold as seconds.)

Wear long pants that you can get dirty in. The floor is COVERED in paint. And underneath the fabric is concrete. NO PADDING.

FreshmanBob
01-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Team blackcell (including me!) went there last sunday, there's a couple things i like; reffing is great, its indoor (nice break from the freezing jersey winters) and they have sup air. It's very well run, they cleaned the field out a bunch of times during the day and kept the scheduling of teams that were playing pretty organized.

The things I don't like, the field is pretty small and very defensive (only 1), the first part of the day they only filled to 3000 psi and it was crowded for 1 field. The last two are probably because we went sunday morning, the tournament practice power session or something, and there were a lot of teams there to practice.

Normally I'd whine about the price a little bit, but it's indoor and 40 to play with 55 a case is actually a pretty decent deal. I think they used to have paint a lot more expensive, IIRC, but the prices are pretty good for indoor now.

Go for it if your sick of playing in the cold (like me!) or its raining.

edit:oo right dayspring, post riiight before me...

jerk!!

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-15-2003, 08:33 PM
On te web site it said 80$ a case is it 55 or 80?(this is for a saterday)

FreshmanBob
01-15-2003, 08:45 PM
for the team practice thing i think it was 55, didn't look for saturday.

magnj
01-15-2003, 08:48 PM
whats the site? maybe ill go soon cuz it is getting way to cold to play.

PsychoBaller
01-15-2003, 09:00 PM
I just got back from spending an 2hrs there testing my SFL.... my review will be up in its own post shortly tonight..... SFL ROCKS

~da baller

Wc Keep
01-15-2003, 09:45 PM
dayspring is right though about the staging area it go so slippery that i slipped and cracked the lense of my goggles. its an ok field. dont mind freshman bob hes just a wuss.:D if you wanna play 3 man its great for that. but dont wear a lense that is made for sunny areas cause youll be blind the whole time your playing.

GeoffreyInNJ
01-16-2003, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure about this, but if you go, watch out for the paint you buy. From what I udnerstand, they cheapest paint they sell, comes in a plain white box. It is supposedly paint that was picked up off the floor that didn't break when shot. They wipe it off, repackage it and sell it again. I didn't believe it when I first hear it, but there they were, with a whole operation cleaning used paintball. Call ahead and check the prices and tell them you want NEW UNOPENED Paint. I thin they had 32Degrees and Blaze.

One other thing, you might want to go when it's not too busy. We had to wait 45 minutes between games sometimes. I was there on a Sunday for 5 or 6 hours and I think we got in 7 or 8 games before I had to jet.