PDA

View Full Version : ok, is my reg piston making my valve leak out the back?

thecavemankevin
01-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Yes, i did a search and wasn't able to find anything usefull for my problem.

My ReTro valve is leaking out the back, but only a little bit. It is more of a inconviniance than anything serious, but i still want to fix it. Now i have disassembled it twice, cleaned it, and replaced virtually all the soft internals. Now i do have LX in and it didn't start leaking until i put it in. However, it didn't start until after i used it a couple times.

I got to thinking about it, and started wondering if it might be my reg-piston. Anyone know if this is probably it?

thanx for any help

rikkter
01-15-2003, 07:56 PM
back out the velocity screw, its possibly set to high and going past the allowed preset limit. if it does, it'll vent out of the back like whats happening

thecavemankevin
01-15-2003, 10:44 PM
yeah i know, but i am shooting pretty consistant 260's so i know that is not the problem.

rikkter
01-15-2003, 11:08 PM
hm, have you changed the oring in the reg?

Havoc_online
01-15-2003, 11:29 PM
if your reg piston o'ring o'ring is good then your piston is bad, that's too low of a velocity to be venting.(as long as your carrier isnt too tight)

thecavemankevin
01-16-2003, 02:41 PM
rikkter: if i understand you correctly, then the oring around the velocity adjuster is what you are talking about. That shouldn't make any real differance because it is leaking out of the allen screw hole.

rikkter
01-16-2003, 03:35 PM
theres a oring around the velocity screw? ehh, oook. well, no, i meant the reg piston, but i was tired and out of it when i made my last post i assume.
its beyond me, its probably what Havoc siad

Dayspring
01-16-2003, 03:48 PM
What setup are you using for the level 10? Spring/carrier/shims?

thecavemankevin
01-16-2003, 07:08 PM
well, i ordered a new piston and will see if that does it, i will be back if not

Thanx for yalls help

trevorjk
01-18-2003, 11:25 PM
have you ever taken the regulater psiton apart? when i bought my mag used the other week i didnt know the previouse owner took it apart. so when i took it to a local shop they told me that the reg piston is a fixed peice and is not made to be taken apart so they tell me anyways i bought a new reg piston on the spot and had no more problems.

so just install the new pistin and you should be fine