PDA

View Full Version : Omg Tom! Look!

mag-hatter
01-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Alright, shortly after learning about your new trigger, my mind got to thinking and i got it on paper! this is just a little prototype i thought of, and it can be expanded upon.

what it is: its basicly a basic double trigger with another double trigger on top of it, held together by a device much like the sear in the automag that would give it a "seasaw" effect. there are return springs for better rates of fire.

purpose: to create a bouncier trigger, that is faster. i do believe this idea will work if you make a good model of it and test it out! enjoy!

p.s. the cut off word is "secondary trigger" sorry about the bad scan. tell me what you think, tom :)

Brak
01-15-2003, 08:37 PM
i dont get it, it just looks like itll make it harder to pull

yeahthatsme
01-15-2003, 08:37 PM
like a teeter-totter? thats been done, and this should be in deep blue.

good sketch btw:D

Spray Painter
01-15-2003, 08:42 PM
why don't you just have the secondary trigger be the only trigger so that you would pull the bottom, release, and pull the top, and release.(basicly walking the trigger)
would it be tourny legal?

EsPo
01-15-2003, 09:00 PM
hehe. nice writing...:D

Hunter
01-15-2003, 09:04 PM
will it work? i dont think so...it would be way to complicated to make it work. i would only make it in a z-grip if it was made, a regular grip "everyone try the motion he has supported on paper" there is no possiable way of shooting both of the triggers, your hand would get so tired very fast, and it would be very uncomfertable, in my opinion.

PsychoBaller
01-15-2003, 09:07 PM
hehehe.... i think ill stick with either a regular double trigger... or the new Timmy63 Blade trigger...... that looks too odd to use... but i get where u could think it would be a good idea... springs would get all slopppy and such though...

~da baller

AcemanPB
01-15-2003, 09:38 PM
It's been thought of, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal, but anyways...

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=600607

FalconGuy016
01-15-2003, 09:51 PM
I think the rule is one pull and release = one paintball

Linx
01-15-2003, 09:52 PM
why would my idea not be tourney legal? It's hard to tell from the animation but the trigger needs to be pulled on the bottom or top to fire. If you pull the bottom part of the trigger it fires once. if you pull the top it fires once. 1 pull 1 shot. 1 Trigger. The trigger doesn't "bounce" forward into the other fire position. It stops in the off position.

mag-hatter
01-15-2003, 09:56 PM
oops, sorry forgot to add that this was for the rt. make it more bouncy.

WARPED1
01-15-2003, 10:08 PM
I do believe I have seenh this design,without the secondary,on Doc's machine.

halB
01-15-2003, 10:09 PM
oh dammit, ther goes my idea. u know what fine, i got a semi different thing, and i finna post this, to log a certain time besides my eye witnesses and all

halB
01-15-2003, 10:10 PM
oh yes, patent pending, invented in october 2002

Mossman
01-15-2003, 10:54 PM
LOL, what the hell is that thing.

I think you got yer angles wrong HalB :)

petefol
01-15-2003, 10:56 PM
http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/rockingtrigger.jpg

WARPED1
01-15-2003, 10:56 PM
How the hell you use that halb?

rikkter
01-15-2003, 11:02 PM
i th8ink maghatter was talking about puting what he drew ON the oydessy trigger?

Fred
01-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Doc built that teeter-totter rocking trigger a while back, it was made illigal for tourney use within 3 months.

funny thing is, according to what I have heard, it actually is slower than a standard trigger, since it only uses one switch, and you have to rock the trigger twice as far for each contact on the switch.

I'd love to see something like that on a Z-frame... that new roller-trigger looks very cool, the video rocks! :D

almost makes me want to buy a semi-auto... almost... :p

---Fred

mag-hatter
01-15-2003, 11:50 PM
yes rik you are right.

halB
01-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
How the hell you use that halb?

very simple, i got the inspiration from the angel ir3 trigger, where you can tap the trigger down and it will fire. by moving your finger back, it pushes the trigger up, which hits one big switch. you move ur finger forward, which hits the bullhorn trigger again, which hits the single switch, which fires again. its basically a way to fire twice with a normal trigger cycle, so energy that would be wasted returning the trigger is used to fire the gun. its like fanning the trigger with one finger. and no difficult patterns or any tricks to memorize, just fire the gun.

the trigger also fits to ur finger and is adjustable, u want no space between the trigger and ur finger.

PATENT PENDING

btw, should be legal, cuase its still just using one button.

WARPED1
01-16-2003, 04:13 PM
I think I get it,interesting....don't know if it'll catch on,but interesting none the less.

Smoke
01-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Well, they're very good ideas, keep em coming. But I don't think they would be very practical.

mag-hatter
01-16-2003, 07:33 PM
halb-wouldnt that put you in a very uncomfortable trigger position? how about you make an extension for the part of the trigger that is closest to the gripy part of the frame going down like a blade trigger so you dont have to use the sliding back and forth routine all the time.

mag-hatter
01-16-2003, 07:40 PM
sorry for double posting, but it wouldnt let me edit and attach a new image

here's another thing i thought up. its a large site rail that would slide onto your gun and make it look like it has sweet milling. its just for looks, and this scetch is REALLY bad. sorry about that. aaanyways, the way its shown, its not compatable with a pf mag because there is no room for the pf part, but this can be fixed. give me time and ill come up with some more stuff

mag-hatter
01-16-2003, 07:45 PM
it wont let me post multipul images so i have to create another post. here's another idea that will help keep liquid co2 from entering your gun while not putting it on a remote system. its a sub expansion chamber that goes under the trigger frame, and is hooked up like shown.

Smoke
01-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Not a bad idea! But, what if you have a bottom line, and no drop forward? Just run a small hose form that to the chamber? That would have to be a small hose, like an inch or two. Also, what if you ran a bottle vertically?

mag-hatter
01-16-2003, 09:54 PM
if you ran it vert it would not only look dumb, but put the gun out of balance.

us macro lines for the connections.

i have another idea for if you dont have a drop and ill post it avter dinner.

Poon985
01-16-2003, 10:01 PM
back when i used CO2 when u ran a bottel verticly u wouldn't have a liquid CO2 problem, it would just stay in the bottom of the tank. and i might be wrong on this, but one the liquid CO2 got into the secondary x-chamber wouldn't it be getting in the way of the flowing CO2 that is not a liquid? Wouldn't the air just keep pushing the CO2 into the gun once the liquid got into the secondary x-chamber. what u would need is a horazontaily mounted peice with a catch basin below it, so when the CO2 entered this peice it would fall into the basin and allow the rushinf air to go by. I very well could be wrong, but this was just my thoughts. really good idea anyways, keep them coming.

mag-hatter
01-16-2003, 10:14 PM
yeah, that would be this little bugger. its a gas thru and it would be completely hollow that just screws into a vertical asa. i didnt draw macro fitting holes to screw into it because i didnt think about it at the time.

anyways, the picture shows the gas thru (threading not shown :P) foregrip, and the thing below it is attached so you dont have to bother with screwing anything into the asa holes on the grip frame. its supposed to act like a kapp stubby drop with the on/off adapter and everything down there, and it is fully adjustable by a screw as you see directly below the foregrip. enjoy.

TNS2k2
01-16-2003, 10:55 PM
you are just full of ideas!

mag-hatter
01-16-2003, 11:43 PM
yeah, i have about 4-5 more inventions i came up with tonight, but i cant post them right now. my dad's using the computer that has the scanner hooked up to it. o well.

well guys, what do you think? anyone want to take this stuff up with a manufacturer?

halB
01-17-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by mag-hatter
halb-wouldnt that put you in a very uncomfortable trigger position? how about you make an extension for the part of the trigger that is closest to the gripy part of the frame going down like a blade trigger so you dont have to use the sliding back and forth routine all the time.

ya i could do that, i just like single triggers so i designed it that way first. i actually wonder.... what would happen with a normal style trigger with the hinge at a top section type thing, you know like the bullhorn trigger system but one sided??

PATENT PENDING