PDA

View Full Version : Roller Trigger Video!!!!!

AGD
01-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Ok, I hope this doesn't crash the forum! This is an older video of Chris from HALO shooting the Emag in finger flip mode. This is just before he called me to get more triggers to make the roller style you saw here tonight.

He assures me that now with the new setup he is amazingly consistent on the trigger and can shoot continuous streams. Here in this video he is using a STOCK TRIGGER!! He said he can hit 18-19 bps! Check it out for yourself!

Anyone that can please upload this to your server so we don't overload AO.

Thanks

AGD

Trigger.mpg (4.5 meg) (http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/trigger.mpg)

digitard
01-15-2003, 11:30 PM
** EDIT ** Look at my post below for a download location so the AO servers wont be hit too bad.

Awsome video!

Now I want one for my soon coming Emag (woohooo 6 days til I get my emag)

Sincerely,
Dave K

demonguy8
01-15-2003, 11:31 PM
thats sick fast but looks kinda hard to aim...

edit: DOH! i thought i had the 1st reply...:rolleyes:

digitard
01-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Here you go .. temporary download location, tomorrow I'll move it to another server that I can leave it up for a few days so everyone can see.

<a href="http://www.602.org/plur2k/trigger.mpeg" target="_new">Click here to DOWNLOAD VIDEO</a>

Sincerely,
Dave K

Retromag
01-15-2003, 11:34 PM
omg...

joeyjoe367
01-15-2003, 11:35 PM
Wow, very impressive. For some reason I was expecting to see some 24bps sweet-spotting type action, but nontheless, it's impressive.

agdemagman69
01-15-2003, 11:36 PM
POOP!!!!

Rmarks
01-15-2003, 11:36 PM
that's sick, I love it :)

DryIce
01-15-2003, 11:44 PM
hey
looks like me shooting my matrix
:)

confedman75
01-15-2003, 11:49 PM
man i could have posted a thread before this with the exact same video. as i was cruising through http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/ i saw it but did say anything, and that was about 2 hours ago.

WARPED1
01-15-2003, 11:54 PM
I saw the video,still not impressed,looks uncomfortable to me.I am impressed by the streams of paint,but try moving,setting up your hand,then firing,the extra step will get you eliminated IMO.

digitard
01-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Keep in mind thats not the only way to fire the trigger, but thats how you'd fire it for the maximum rate. Obviously you can use it as a normal style trigger/etc ...

But in those times when your behind a sup air setup and your about to pop your head out you can set yourself up like that and layer anything that moves

I like it ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

nicad
01-16-2003, 12:12 AM
16.5 bps max burst in one second of the clip... otherwise 13bps over most any other givin second of the "fast" parts.
if thats doubling what i can normally do.. you saying i can only pull 6-8 bps? not thinking so.. :-p

im sure some will like it.. and as AGD said, not everyone will. sorry.. Im not impressed. :)

out!

PsychoBaller
01-16-2003, 12:14 AM
AGD.. i dunno sir..... i do pretty well with my Double trigger on my SFL already.... and to boot I ordered a Timmy63 trigger which should make my pulling ability a bit better.....

Still a nice design though.. unique... good for regular emag owners and such that have not jumped on Timmys triggers.

o yah... TK.. how come u just dont make the ones Timmy makes with the set screws and all?... or at least Blade Triggers with magnets on top and bottom ?

~da "just curious again" baller

mag-hatter
01-16-2003, 12:22 AM
i know it wont be as fast, but would that trigger fit on a mechanical marker? like would it make your classic mag shoot faster? i dont have enough money for a retro or emag so i was wondering.

Havoc_online
01-16-2003, 12:22 AM
try it out before you comment on it....

Mossman
01-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Nice vid! Me wants! :)

AlabamaMan
01-16-2003, 12:41 AM
just about anything that i want to say would be eaten by the filter. So i'll say this. "Chris is a god on the trigger"

Brian68mag
01-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Here in this video he is using a STOCK TRIGGER!! He said he can hit 18-19 bps! Check it out for yourself!

AGD

Trigger.mpg (4.5 meg) (http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/trigger.mpg)

When you say stock trigger, you mean stock rollar trigger or stock stock trigger?
Im confused, maybe its just my flu :(
Thanks

Btw i think i could shoot that fast on my emag, no joke.

WARPED1
01-16-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm assuming stocki trigger with the roller thing put on it.

Mossman
01-16-2003, 01:30 AM
Yup, Moddered stock trigger.

Moddered
LOL
Funny word.

I just got done Moddering my emag and lemme tell u its good!

Smitty2k1
01-16-2003, 07:44 AM
It seems nice and sick fast to me :)

So really, even if you did have an ultra-short trigger pull, if you fired using the roller it still wouldnt fire faster... or is there something Im missing?

manike
01-16-2003, 08:08 AM
I love Chris and his video's :)

Just one more reason to buy a Halo! :D

shartley
01-16-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
try it out before you comment on it....
But I thought comments were the reason FOR these threads…. Am I wrong? Or is it for comments only LIKING it?

I neither like nor dislike it. I would never buy it, but if ONE person likes it and it improves their game…. Great! That’s what it is all about.

Tom stated this was not for everyone. He already knew that. And it seems some of the members here know they fit into this category. No big deal.

So no, you don’t need to try it before you comment on it….. that would defeat the purpose of this thread. If all Tom wanted to do was SHOW it but not hear what folks though, he would have locked the thread.

a_malfunction
01-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Seems like it would be useless if you have a warp...

ogre55
01-16-2003, 09:05 AM
Well it is fast, but I have the same problem with it that many people who have posted have. It looks really uncomfortable to shoot.

However, I don't see why someone can't roll the middle finger of the same hand that is holding the trigger, over the roller fast enough to get the same effect. This would eliminate the need to use both hands to roll the trigger (to coin a phrase).

Ogre

Jonesie
01-16-2003, 09:22 AM
All I can say is 'OH MY!' Whether or not it's for you, it is impressive, the ROF that is. I think I'll pick one up (and a Timmy63 Blade) for my incoming E-Mag. That way I can get EXACTLY what I want in an E-Mag trigger... :D

Later ~ Jonesie

JEDI
01-16-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by nicad
16.5 bps max burst in one second of the clip... otherwise 13bps over most any other givin second of the "fast" parts.
if thats doubling what i can normally do.. you saying i can only pull 6-8 bps? not thinking so.. :-p

im sure some will like it.. and as AGD said, not everyone will. sorry.. Im not impressed. :)

out!

This statement interests me. The claim is that it will double my trigger/bps speed, and is clocked at 13-16 bps like nicad says. I too know I can shoot faster than 6-8 bps, without the roller trigger. So is it an improvement? Or just another way to shoot just as fast?

manike
01-16-2003, 09:49 AM
I think it's just a way to easily shoot consistently fast. I can empty a hopper, with a similar trigger, much faster than I could before.

Before where you may have been fast over 10-20 shots... here you can be fast till you need to reload (often ;) )

manike

p8ntballervirus
01-16-2003, 10:28 AM
so when is this going to be IN STOCK and FOR SALE? i want one!!

TheTramp
01-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by a_malfunction
Seems like it would be useless if you have a warp...

You can still get your hand in there.

Evil Bob
01-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Couple comments:

1 ) Tom said this was an older video, much like anything else in life, it takes practice. Chris has been working on this idea for a few months now. The footage that we're seeing here is a stock unmodified trigger (no roller). Since adding the roller and perfecting his technique, he's able to hit 19-20 consistantly, which is very plausible considering he's been practicing the same technique for the past few months.

2 ) I tried it out last night a bit, it's an interesting idea but it does throw off my aim quite a bit. My marker weighs around 12 pounds when fully loaded (emag/warp/halo B/Arm 68/45) and I am used to using three points of support (left hand on the battery housing, right hand on grip, HPA into shoulder) that are triangular in nature (triangles being very stable/strong structures), Chris uses a method that puts all the support on basicly just his right arm, which for me, is not that stable. Compare his accuracy (and keep in mind he's more then likely going for pure speed without much worry over where his rounds are going) in this video with his other videos in which he is shooting full auto for speed, the end of the barrel wobbles around alot. Granted this is with a stock trigger, the roller will definitely reduce friction which will help greatly to reduce the barrel wobble and improve accuracy.

3 ) I personally wouldn't use this technique as I can already hit the software max on my emag walking the trigger (years of classical quitar lessons paid off in spades in paintball, all those 32nd notes... and my parents thought it was a waste of time and money!) with my right hand while gripping the grip with my ring and pinky finger on my right hand and still maintaining my stable triangle support. This is not to say this technique won't work well for you. If you're used to fanning the trigger with your right hand, there is no reason why you can't use your right index or middle finger on the roller trigger and achieve similar results.

-Evil Bob

Skoad
01-16-2003, 02:18 PM
i would think i could fire faster using my right hand w/ middle or first finger and using my left to balance the gun.

Did he just use his left hand because he was left handed?

Iceman8446
01-16-2003, 03:39 PM
It looks like its a very sweet trigger. But what if you put 2 bumps in the trigger? The bumps might be a little too close but it would be intersting to see if it would work.

FalconGuy016
01-16-2003, 03:57 PM
im watching it over and over and over....

I hope *HOPE* it comes for regular mags, but I read tom's hype and it said for electronic... but I can still HOPE

Evil Bob
01-16-2003, 04:03 PM
You could put the same trigger on a regular mechanical mag, but it won't work. The reason being the difference in the triggering between an electro and a mechanical marker.

The electro takes just a few ounces of effort to trip the firing mechanism. The mechanical markers take a few pounds to actuate the trigger, you're not going to do that by lightly rolling your finger up and down the trigger, it's not going to happen.

-Evil Bob

Jonno06
01-16-2003, 05:06 PM
i cant wait to put this sweet little gizmo on my soon to be bushy:D

Sinistarr
01-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Anyone that can please upload this to your server so we don't overload AO.

Thanks

AGD

Here is another link for the video.

Trigger.mpg (4.5 mb) (http://www.intr-networks.com/Paintball/trigger.mpg)

G

manike
01-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Iceman8446
But what if you put 2 bumps in the trigger? The bumps might be a little too close but it would be intersting to see if it would work.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64073

Marek
01-16-2003, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Evil Bob
3 ) I personally wouldn't use this technique as I can already hit the software max on my emag walking the trigger (years of classical quitar lessons paid off in spades in paintball, all those 32nd notes... and my parents thought it was a waste of time and money!)

32nd notes?!? What kind of music do you play that requires you to play that fast?

Anyway, overall, I am sure that it is a useful tool. Though right now, I think I can shoot as fast as I want, its another tool and another way of playing to choose from. I would buy it, but I think I would be fine without it.

Though its not guitar playing 32nd notes, playing Tuba helps alot. Slam down heavy valves for 10 yrs and you can shoot really fast.

Bonx0007
01-16-2003, 07:52 PM
i am not very impressed with the vid. i can shoot that fast with my emag now. well maxed at 16 bps(due to board limitations) but sustained for a while. needs more convincing footage before you have my hard earned cash.

p8ntballervirus
01-16-2003, 08:47 PM
i'm still clueless.. that older version is still awsome, i can't wait to see what the newer version is like. i really want to know how much it is and if i can preorder it.

Kevmaster
01-16-2003, 11:13 PM
thats hot man...thats hot!

muska1807
01-18-2003, 04:04 PM
if im not mistaken, that can be cxonsiderted illegal, because if you spin hte whell fast enough it will continue for a few shots without u touching it,somehwat of a triggerbounce. therefore bneing illegal,just a thought

Temo Vryce
01-18-2003, 04:31 PM
The Wheel is in the centre ridge in a 2-finger trigger. simply spining the wheel will do nothing. THe purpose behind the wheel is to make running your finger over that ridge, thus forcing the trigger back, an easier and smoother action. It's reducing the friction between your finger and the trigger.

I still say that this could work on mechanical marker but it would need a short trigger pull. Now I will also say that I believe that you will get the same results but I do believe that it can work. I just need to get my hands on a trigger to modify and mag to test it on.

Jonno06
01-18-2003, 04:53 PM
it probably COULD work on a manual gun with a short pull...

but you would have to hold your finger back pretty hard still..

manike
01-18-2003, 05:27 PM
I don't believe it will work on a manual mag as they are currently. My X-mag has a lovely light manual pull, and I tried doing it with my trigger in testing today and there was just no way I could shoot it faster this way than I could normally. It was actually quite hard to get it to fire at all. You have to pull back too hard whilst also wiggling your finger up and down. I couldn't get a decent result at all. Good Luck Tremo Vryce.

Mr. T!
01-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Wow, not very impressed, he can barely get a stream going....
Doesn't really seem like there is an advantage over a normal trigger.

Temo Vryce
01-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Mr. T!
Wow, not very impressed, he can barely get a stream going....
Doesn't really seem like there is an advantage over a normal trigger.

That's because in the video it is a normal trigger. He's just demonstrating his style.

beefstew
01-20-2003, 09:39 AM
well, i think that the trigger is a sweet idea, although alot of people can get there gun going that fast anyways, this is a nice thing for those heavy fingered lectro owners. My dad had an accident and the very top of his trigger finger was chopped off. now it is hard for him to shoot with some speed for any lenth of time, and i might just buy his for him.
---beef----

rikkter
01-20-2003, 10:31 PM
lol its like. harder then hell to do it on a manual gun. my teammate has a sfl emag and i grabbed it and tried to do it on his. and shot pretty quickly. changed it to hybrid and i could shoot faster doing the same technique so. tried it with my mag and i laughed at my self for even trying.