PDA

View Full Version : ULE's for RT's?

joeyjoe367
01-16-2003, 12:06 AM
Hey all.

I'm planning on getting the new ULE bodies, and hope to lighten up my gun as much as possible. an x-valve is in line for the future.

the only other things that i could really do to lighten up the gun anymore is to cut up the rail and the trigger frame.

Will a ULE rail work for my RT? If not where/how could I carve up my current RT rail? Could I also carve up my intelliframe?

yeahthatsme
01-16-2003, 11:50 AM
if its a classic rt then the ule rail, and the x valve wont work.

if its like a retromag then both will work.

joeyjoe367
01-16-2003, 03:31 PM
The main thing I'm wondering about is if there's holes for me to screw in my rt-pro foregrip. I kinda like that thing.

FalconGuy016
01-16-2003, 03:36 PM
they are making xvalves that fit the old rt

Thordic
01-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Where did you hear that? I don't even think they make parts for the RTs anymore.

Dayspring
01-16-2003, 03:46 PM
You sure about that? That's news to me...

Originally posted by FalconGuy016
they are making xvalves that fit the old rt

joeyjoe367
01-16-2003, 03:51 PM
I know there's going to be something that will retro-fit all classic-rt's so that you can have your x-valves and whatnot, but the the X-valves are staying the way they are, I believe.

Gecko
01-16-2003, 03:52 PM
Tom mentioned somthing about offering a deal to RT owners
somthing along the lines of the go retro program. Trade your old RT valve in + cash and get an xvalve and ule body.

Thordic
01-16-2003, 03:55 PM
A new body + new valve = wouldn't be an RT anymore :)

You'd need a new rail too, I think, since the old one was built to carry air and had the banjo bolt.

FutureMagOwner
01-16-2003, 04:21 PM
i think falcon forgot the ? on the end of his statement

Jonesie
01-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
A new body + new valve = wouldn't be an RT anymore :)

You'd need a new rail too, I think, since the old one was built to carry air and had the banjo bolt.

I'll edit this once I find the quote, but Tom did say something about a spacer and a deal for RT owners so the X-Valve and ULE Body would work...

Here's the quote, it's in the Question about the Automag RT body to AGD (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63757&highlight=spacer) thread.

You actually have everything you need to make the conversion except a spacer. It is possible to get a new RTpro body and if you get an Xvalve you can swap them both and create a standard style RTpro out of your old RT. We will be making the spacers in the coming weeks just for you RT owners.