PDA

View Full Version : Z-Grip For a 98 Custom

Grayso
01-16-2003, 01:51 PM
I really like the Z-Grips and want one for my 98 Custom. Does anyone know of a good machinist, where I can get the two reciever halves made with the grip area bent like a Z-Grip? I think it would work If the sear stays at the same angle and everything else is the same. Also, does anyone know what angle the Z-Grip is bent. If anyone has any ideas, or anything to contribute to making this work, I would really appreciate your help.

kenshinkandon
01-16-2003, 03:11 PM
the Z-grip is patented and you would need permission to reproduce a grip like that. if you do by chance I would like to see it. you may want to look around on the net there are a couple of machinst that will do it for you

you may want to try

www.airtipps.com

www.jmjconcepts.com

Mossman
01-16-2003, 03:28 PM
The Z grip is at a 45* angle.

Theres no way in hell ur gonna make one for your 98. The frame is a part of the body. If you wanted to make a new body for it, and a Z frame, and some way of tripping the sear, go for it, but it's no longer gonna be a tippmann and somethign tells me you don't have the skills to do that anyhow.

If you want a Z grip you have 2 choices.
1. Get a mag
2. Get an electro and get someone to make you a frame. Since the workings of the gun arent mechanically controlled by your trigger pull, you can put a compatible switch anywhere and tie it into your board.

Sorry bro, not gonna work on your custom.

Grayso
01-16-2003, 03:38 PM
I could make it work. If I could have someone mold a new body for the 98 with the grips bent forward. you could move the trigger pins, the rt trigger, and it would work as long as the sear stayed in the exact same place, and the bolt, valve, etc. also stayed in the same place.

Mossman
01-16-2003, 04:00 PM
and for the price of getting molded you could sell the gun, take that money, and buy a Z mag. It would be a far better gun with way less chance of a lot of work for nothing.

It would take lots of trial and error to get the trigger system decent and reliable if you made a completely different trigger at a different angle.

Grayso
01-16-2003, 06:46 PM
I dont want to just buy a Z-Mag. That's too easy and there are too many of them. If i can get my 98 made with one, it will be a completely custom gun, one of a kind. And you can't tell me you don't think it would be cool to see a 98 Z-Grip. Oh, and does it really matter if it's patented since it's one grip that is not really copying off of the actual AGD Frame, and I'm not selling them for profit?

Severe
01-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Grayson,

Another machinest you might want to check out is Doc at Doc's Machine (http://www.docsmachine.com) . Look through some of the work he's done on Angels and such. He's got mad talent!

I've always wondered why someone didn't mill a 'prettier' body for the Tippy 98C. I mean it's hugely popular so I'm sure there's a market for it.

I've seen pictures on this forum of Tippy 98C's with Warp feeds and all sorts of mods. I'm sure you can do it if you're will to throw the resources at it.

Good luck!

Steve

paintbattler
01-16-2003, 08:56 PM
hahaha, good luck

Wooky71
01-19-2003, 02:07 AM
Ok. Im sorry but I got to jump in here.

DUDEdude You are going to put alot of time and money into making this gun. Yes in the end you will have a one of a kind. BUT You will have so much money invested that if you ever decide to sell it, no rec player could afford it and no tournament player would even consider it. If you want something with a z-grip pick up a used classic mag and install one. Keep your tippmann and in the in you will have 2 guns and have spent less money. MY.02