PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Problem Important

Lone Gunman
01-16-2003, 01:59 PM
A about a year ago my friend was screwing his nitrogen tank into his gun and when he screwed it back out, the regulator stayed in his ASA adapter and the tank came off into his hands. He wants to get it fixed, but he doesn't know what to do about it.

How would he go about fixing it and making it legal to fill again (hydro)?

Thanks a lot!

sarpadian
01-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Well, what to do would depend mostly on wether or not the threads on the tank or regulator were damaged. Has he had an airsmith look at it? My suggestion would be to have a good airsmith take a look at the tank and go with his suggestions. If he didn't damage any of the threads it will be an easy and inexpensive fix. If he did damage the threads either a new tank, reg, or both will be needed.

Jonesie
01-16-2003, 02:51 PM
To add to what sarpadian said, he would have to have it hydro'd AT LEAST. I'm pretty sure that hydro testing looks at the threads on both the tank and the reg, so if a problem was found, they would be condemned.

But serously, have it looked at by someone qualified. An airsmith, the guys at your local paintball store, or someone who works in a scuba shop...

Later ~ Jonesie

Gunga
01-16-2003, 03:01 PM
I'd have your friend send it back to the manufacturer for check up and inspection. Different manufacturers may use different torque values when putting regs into tanks.

Mossman
01-16-2003, 03:58 PM
If its a PMI they'll help you easily. With PMI tanks what happened to your buddy is relatively common so they're used to it and getting it fixed is no problem.