PDA

View Full Version : Which gearbag should I get?

paint magnet
01-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Ok, I've been looking at the Redz, JT, and Dye ones but I'm open to suggestions. Cargo space is the main concern, it must have ample space and special pockets for pods, markers, clothes, gear, and other stuff. Repositionable dividers and price are other biggies too but if it's a well made design I can live without dividers. I'm tired of making 5 trips to the car for all my stuff, so I really do need a gear bag and was wondering what you guys use and would reccomend. Thanks.

PsychoBaller
01-16-2003, 05:55 PM
I have an old AGD gun case... but it wont hold stuff without them clanging together a bit....

So I'm looking at getting a JT Gearsack... or one of their medium SUV series bags...checkem out....

If u want a HUGE gearbag.. go with Redz or JT SUV series

I'm just going with the Gearsack cause i only have 2 guns and one N2 tank that are the main things other than my Mask and 3.2 Redz Pack.

~da baller

BarryTolar
01-16-2003, 05:57 PM
JT Gearsack

You can put everything including the kitchen sink in one.

Barry

Smitty2k1
01-16-2003, 06:13 PM
I just went to one of the local department stores and bought a huge duffle bag type thing for like $30. Then I just got a brass egal (:-/ I know) gun case. My gun fits in the case along with squeege, barrel, and such. Then there are two front pockets. One holds all my tools and things I might need, along with spare parts. The other holds my hopper. Then inside the bag along with my gun case, I have extra clothes (or when its sitting in my room, my paintballing clotes) and a bag or two of paint, and my nitro tank. Works PERFECT and VERY cheep. (I cant justify spending the $100 or so for the JT backpack)

Oh yeah my mask fits in there as well (has one of thoes goggle bags on it, came with the mask, yay!) and there is TONS of room to spare, once I get my mag, it will easily have plenty of room.

Gutt
01-16-2003, 06:20 PM
check the bags out at www.nexed.com. The roller bag is huge and the Driven bag is great for a field bag...it has sleeves for two guns, air-systems, barrels, many compartments, and two mask holders!

Darren

misfit
01-16-2003, 06:25 PM
reds bag, the big one. it has wheels and holds an emag with flatline and warp cocker phantom and random rebels,aswell my pack and shin guards,kneepads and freak, set and two masks, it also comes with a cool chair

PsychoMag
01-16-2003, 06:36 PM
nexed has the best bags...

JEDI
01-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Planet Eclipse is coming out with a new bag. They discontinued last years and have big plans for this years bag. Its supposed to be out soon

PsychoBaller
01-16-2003, 06:45 PM
That Nexed Driven Bag is pretty nice.....

Now I'm torn between the JT Gearsack and Nexed Driven...
good job Gutt.... arrggg.....

~da baller

FalconGuy016
01-16-2003, 07:07 PM
<h1>JT GEARSACK

Phil
01-16-2003, 08:00 PM
I use a rubbermaid tub (15$). Lots of storage space! I zip tied eggcrate together to make compartments.

spacemanspiff
01-16-2003, 08:05 PM
I have the Raven gear bag and can fit a good amount in it plus it came with a little tool box thing too.:D

CRog075
01-16-2003, 11:14 PM
OMG, why pay around $100 for a freaking gear sack? Go to Dicks and buy a Nike Duffle Bag for $35, like I did.

dcmander
01-16-2003, 11:16 PM
Where do you guys get duffle bags locally? My brother has a real nice nike one that he found off a deal on fatwallet.com. I've been looking on there a lot but havne't found a deal yet.

Where do you guys buy duffle bags locally? Just a walmart?

jah871
01-17-2003, 06:37 AM
the new jt ones are really nice. i just got one for christmas. i can fit 2 emags with tanks in there, all the pods have elastic holders, cp barrel kit tools and parts 2 evolution 2's, halo b, packs and there is still more room.

Xerces
01-17-2003, 08:02 AM
i use a gearbag that i used for when i went shotgun shooting. its very durable, very padded, has about 6 pockets, so i can keep the heavy tools and the fragile parts i dont want scraped away from eachother. i use it for everything but my gun/tank/clothes. works great, i think it was somewhere about 40-60 awhile ago.

shartley
01-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Yes, many companies make Paintball specific gear bags. But for those who don’t always run to the Paintball Companies for their stuff or don’t have the funds to do so (or both), you can use some creativity and get the same types of things.

For as low as $30 you can get a nice rolling luggage as well as rolling duffle bags, etc. and customize them to fit your exact needs. My gear bag holds 3 fully assembled markers (although I always take my Co2 tanks off when transporting… they WILL fit assembled), 12 medium size towels, all my paintball tools, and everything else I need for paintball except the balls and our masks.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=530466

If folks are worried about the rigidity of the gear bag, they can go to any craft store and pick up foam and make custom compartments and add strength to the sides.

I think I will be getting ready to really customize my gear bag this year with custom paintball zipper pull tabs, and other stuff. I may even get another bag and really space out my equipment between the two.

Yes, it is nice to have all Paintball brand stuff, but I am sure we see “ghetto” stuff all the time at our local fields. And then we see the middle ground like what I use… looks similar but at a fraction of the cost. You just have to use some creativity and shop around. I would love to have all Paintball brand stuff, but honestly although I am not “poor”, I can’t justify the costs for a lot of it because of my real world bills, business expenses, family, etc. And I know a lot of folks are in similar shoes.

Jonesie
01-17-2003, 08:35 AM
Hey Sam,
That's a GREAT idea! I'll have to head up to my local Marshalls or TJ Maxx after work today to find something like that. I might even be able to beat that $30 price tag.

Thanks for the idea!

Later ~ Jonesie

paint magnet
01-17-2003, 09:07 AM
Ok guys thanks for the help, but I still haven't narrowed it down much, except between the JT, Redz, Nexed, and Dye, which were my original choices. Here's the gear I would be taking to the field, and it needs to have some extra space for goodies and stuff:

3 markers, Angel, Automag and Stroker (fixed barrel), needs to have room for them and seperate compartments, elastic loops for barrels would be really nice, and elastic loops for pods, a pocket to store knee/shin, elbow pads and harness, two seperate compartments (pref. padded) for goggles, room for tanks 2 or 3, a 68/3000 and some CO2 tanks, room for my small tool box, a seperate area for cleats, another pocket for a change of clothes or my playing clothes, space to put in extras like squeegies, lens cleaner, extra lenses, etc. and that Redz folding chair thing is staring to sound really nice. Right now I use a rubbermaid thing but it wont' fit all my gear (obviously) and you have to take stuff off the top to get at the bottom stuff. With all this stuff, rolling wheels would be nice too.

toymyster
01-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Get yourself a hockey gearbag!!! They have same type of compartments, and cost half the price of "paintball" gearbags!!!

Muzikman
01-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Ok, if you want a "Paintball" gear bag, there are only two choices. Nexed and Extreme Rage (I would take the ExtremeRage bag myself).

If you don't care, go to walmart and buy a large rolling bag. They have some really nice ones there for about $60 that are semi hard shell.

CMDane
01-17-2003, 08:49 PM
I went to Wal-Marth this afternoon and bought one of the Ingear 2-compartment bags for $25. I can fit the 4 pod belt and misc stuff in the back pocket, my RT Pro w/ Warp, Rico, 88 tank and mask in the 2nd pocket, gloves and towels in a front zip pocket and tool kit in another front zip pocket. Plus, it's got inline skate wheels and extending handle. Plus, the 2nd pocket had 2 side reinforcement walls that have zips on them that will fit my stock and Taso 14" barrel, 1 per side. Well worth the $25.

Charles

the123
01-17-2003, 09:53 PM
I like the Nexed bags, I own the Nexed NX pro. Thankfully I didn't have to pay full price for it. It IS a bit expensive, but I can now say that I have 1 bag to hold it all! EVERYTHING I need at the field, and then some. It even came with an area mat that I use to step on while i'm changing my shoes/pants.

I think there is still a BETTER bag out there, i'm curious as to what Planet Eclipse has to offer. I used their previous bag untill it was too small to use.

PsychoBaller
01-18-2003, 02:40 PM
someone selling a Blue Slate JT Gear Sack for like $50-75 bucks....

His AOL IM name is RobinSucks i think.... its also for sale on PB Nation and he has pictures of it to send if you want to see the bags condition (which is good, but its a big dirty)

~da baller