PDA

View Full Version : Xvalve annodize questions

dcmander
01-16-2003, 10:40 PM
The xvalve is alluminum.. so you can annodize it right? Just wondering if people were interested in doing this and if it would work ok. Would it cover up the xvalve lettering?

I want to annodize it pewter along with my gun. I don't think that AGD will make pewter Xvalves when they make colored ones, and that wont be for awhile.

My question is will annodizing this bad boy be ok and will it cover the xvalve lettering or what? For those who own them, is the xvalve lettering just annodized in or is it engraved or what not.

Thanks.

petefol
01-16-2003, 11:04 PM
the letters are engraved

dcmander
01-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Really? That's awesome.. Quite classy of AGD I must say. So they are anndoized white INSIDE the engraving or what? I'm not sure how that works.

Anyone that has access to a digi and has an xvalve, could you please take CLOSE CLOSEUPS of the whole xvalve. Concentrate on the engraving. Thank you.

COuld I get this thing anndoized easily?

BlackVCG
01-17-2003, 12:24 AM
The letters are laser engraved and that white color comes from the ano being burnt off when the laser is engraving the valve.

I would not recommend having your X-Valve reannoed because there are some tight tolerances that need to be maintained and getting it reannoed could throw those off.

Dayspring
01-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Plus, it'll cover up the serial # and you won't be able to get any warranty on it.

dcmander
01-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Ok thanks guys.

Thread done. :)