PDA

View Full Version : Bump/roller trigger idea

FooTemps
01-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Since manike and odyssey came out with similar ideas of running the finger veritcally. I'm thinking that a new gripframe is in order. Holding the gripframe and firing with another hand is impractical IMO so why use a z-grip and just change the alignment of the trigger? I'm not sure if it will work but if you hold your hand at the z-grip angle you should be able to move your finger vertically.

agdemagman69
01-16-2003, 11:10 PM
hmmm.... might work, but then you gotta rework the solenoid, board, and etc. for the emag :(

FooTemps
01-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by agdemagman69
hmmm.... might work, but then you gotta rework the solenoid, board, and etc. for the emag :(

ahrg, forgot about that...

athomas
01-17-2003, 09:59 AM
I like the idea. The grip frame could sit farther under the trigger. A gear of some sort could handle the solenoid being at a different angle in the grip. With a little mod, anything is possible.

Darkstorm
01-17-2003, 01:05 PM
or make a frame with a horizontal trigger?

Sinnet
01-17-2003, 02:16 PM
good idea darkstorm! you could be rolling over the wheel while still retaining the side-to-side "trigger pull" motion

FooTemps
01-17-2003, 06:21 PM
BUT, if the trigger had a new alignment, we'd have to rework the sear and pins in the gun. Well, now that I reread manike's thread on his hump trigger... (sorry about being kinda braindead last night and not seeing that it works on both manual and electro) You would make an intelli z-grip with a hump trigger... the angle may have be more extreme than the "y" grip but it would be well worth it.