PDA

View Full Version : E-mag electrical questions (Newbie)

Scandalon
01-17-2003, 03:37 AM
Anyone know the know what the battery needs for input for recharging? The charger assembly looks like it would take a standard wall charger, just need to know the voltage, amperage and polarity.

Anyone know the "optimal" input for the gun? Sure, I can use a voltmeter, and the manual says "around x volts" but anyone got a better guideline? (And not just voltage)

I'm sure others have modded their guns to have on/off switches instead of that silly pull-pin. I don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone else has gone through the pain already - anyone have a link to point me in the right direction? (I can do a quick'n'ugly one in about 10 minutes, but figured someone's done it better already.)

Has anyone made any 3rd-party battery packs (both the case and the battery proper)?

athomas
01-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Battery voltage is 16.8 volts. Make sure you use batteries with high enough instantaneous surge ability. That's why rechargeable nine volt cells don't work. The instantaneous current is very high (about 1 amp I think).

The emag charger uses a standard 12v dc input. Any AC - 12vdc wall adapter will work if it has at least some capacity at all. I haven't checked mine, but I think the center pin is positive.

Several people have put on/off switches in their emags. Some in the batter pack, others in the space between the batter pack and the trigger guard.

You can put the battery back off the gun and run the wires into the bottom of the grip panel to get rid of the weight from the front of the emag.