PDA

View Full Version : Cousins Paintball Comes To Nj

FREDATCOUSINS
01-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Hi all Im new to this board but not new to AGD markers . Love em I used to shoot gun #136 or was it #138 ? hmmm . age will do that to ya :) If Tom reads this Hi Tom . Fred here played with you at the first AM Open was team Friendly Fire we rocked :) I saw the first Nito on your gun.

I jumped in to say Cousins Paintball of NY now owns a Jersey field ! was called Pineland Paintball . Look for some great things for Rec ballers and Torny players this year in NJ.

Please check our web site at www.playpaintball.com

thanks all
FRED

ICOM
01-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Yup there is now one in NJ. I live on long island and live near both of them like 10-15mins away from stores. And like 10mins away from there field. Best pball store i went to just don't store agd products :(

Automaggin2
01-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Hey Fred, welcome to AO and welcome to jersey! I am looking for a team or may be starting a team and i was wondering if Cousins will be having a team, becuase if they are i am very interested in trying out for it. I used to play at pinelands and it is a very nice field.

billmi
01-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Hi Fred :-)

See you at the big game,
-Bill

Toxic Dave
01-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Fred,

you're the man, but please feel free to spell check stuff now and again.

your pal,
dave/ toxic

JJcoola
01-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Cousins is a good store and the people are very good with fixing and helping you out with guns, but the prices are a bit too steep. I know that you have to have employees, building and all that stuff, but it's just a little too expensive for a high schooler who is making $7 an hour at the movie theater. :D

FreshmanBob
01-17-2003, 05:48 PM
you guys need a field in central jersey, like a little south of morristown off 287, in other words like 5 min from my house. Every other field is close to an hour or more in any direction.

PLEEASE!!!!

GeoffreyInNJ
01-18-2003, 09:51 AM
Don't hold your breath Bob. Property values are way too high there. You'd have much better luck asking for another golf course, show horse training area, or McMansion development,

SHAG
01-18-2003, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I thought Pineland Paintball was already owned by Cousin's. Unless you guys were part owners in the field and bought out the rest of the controlling interest?

FB stop your wining :)

Later,
Alan

FREDATCOUSINS
01-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the replys folks .. And hi Bill !! I cant wait for the Long Island Big Game . We are holding the same event format in NJ this year and like to have War Pig here as well.
Dave ... what me spell ??? lol i cant type so why spell ??

AUTOMAGGIN2 Well we have loads of teams looking for more players if speed ball is your game every sunday we hold Power Games its played from 10 am - 2pm non stop, discounts on paint 51.87 a case + tax 25.00 to play incls. air .
at 2 pm the reff staff take a break and than re starts and play till 4 pm .

JJ maybe the play field by your house needs more reffs ? I think you would like it :)

SHAG Yup you got it Cousins was 50% owner and now owns the whole place. We are now free to develope the site the way we wanted .. Expect to see some real cool things going on this year . New pro shop is in now and please check the NEW web site www.playpaintball.com

FRED

madmatt151
01-18-2003, 11:42 AM
Hey great to hear that you are full owner now, you guys do great things at all your fields. I always play at LI, but played at Newburgh last summer and had a GREAT time. All the refs and employees were excellent. There was a good point made, you guys have NO AGD stuff in your stores. Pity. Looking forward to you making millions and being able to buy a small lot in NYC for us city clickers to play in! lol Keep up the good work.

FREDATCOUSINS
01-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Hmmm you guys sure no AGD stuff at Cousins stores ??

Im in NJ but I got my RT from the Cousins in Deer Park . You can drop them a line at WWW.PLAYPAINTBALL.COM and it will be sent to the managers .. I will also ck myself and mention you guys looking for AGD stuff :)

FRED

JJcoola
01-23-2003, 02:38 PM
I live about 10 minutes away from the Cousins in Mt. Kisco, New York and last time I went they didn't really have any agd stuff. Although over this past summer I remember them having a basic mag in, although it was expensive since they only had probably ordered a few of them it seemed.

Heh, I would get a reffing job at the Survival in Upstate New York except for the fact that it's a hour and a half trip one way. Liberty Paintball is about 30 minutes away from me and that's my local field and I would ref but my mom won't let me. :(

Also, why did you guy's raise 12g's to 75 cents a pop?? That sucks!

FREDATCOUSINS
01-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Hay JJ maybe have a talk with your mom and find out what she dont like about you reffing. Sometimes parents cant get there kids to and from work too easy. If thats not it maybe ask her to go and talk to the manager of your local field and see what your job is all about . Reffing is a great way to stay in shape, get fresh air, and helps your play skills .

I have had some great reffs under 17 yrs old but the lack of a car is a big problem . Some in school and if grades are not up to par well that come first in any parents mind and mine as well .

Yes prices are reflected on quanty so you answered you own question sort of ... 12 grams long ago came in a 55 gal drum ..I have no clue how many were in it lol . Now demand is low and we just dont order a drum of them :(

Fred

JJcoola
01-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Well I'm 17 and a senior in High School, have a car and have a 89-90 average and am taking AP courses...It's just my mom doesn't like it at all. She always gets mad whenever I bring up the topic of me wanting to reff....I could probably get paint for cheap and also play for free and all sorts of goodies. Oh well...maybe I'll ask again tonight.

Wow, 55 gallon drum, pretty nuts. Now I think they come in packages of like 500 from either BE or Crossman from what I see you guys get them from. I'm a big stock class player with my phantom so I always go to cousins for 12g's and ten round tubes.

Thanks for going on the forums here, it's cool to talk to a guy from cousins. What store do you work at? Or are you like a head honcho guy.... :D

veteranmag
01-23-2003, 04:25 PM
Congratgulations on your new 100% venture in Pinelands. I played there (and at Survival) several times and had a good time. I'd play there more often, but the combined cost of the field rate, air and paint is $20 or more than the other fields in the tri-state area. That adds up when my friends and I play once a month.

Would Cousins consider instituting some sort of regular-player discount program? Some other fields have such programs; for example, play three times and get the fourth field rate free, or pay an annual membership fee and get reduced field rate, free air or reduced price on a case of paintballs.

I would think that a core of experienced players, who play on a regular basis and spend about $100 each time they play would be a valuable asset to a local field. Airlines have frequent-flyer programs, why don't local fields? That's my two cents. Thanks.

FREDATCOUSINS
05-04-2003, 09:08 AM
Cousins does offer a player discount .. I run the Jersey location and you can get a Player discount card here on the site . It works like this : $15.00 entry / 1/2 price co2 fills / paint is 74.53 + tax ... pass cost $79.00 per year . you can buy 1 case per card holder per day . The discount is for the card holder only .

Now at the Jersey site we offer a team rate on the discount cards .. If you sign up 3 or more players with own equipment the price drops to $ 49.00 per man ..

Bottom line is the card payes for itself in 2 playdays after that you save lots .

Fred

MantisMag
05-04-2003, 12:08 PM
on the player's discount card is there also a discount on HPA fills?

AGD
05-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Hi Fred!

Welcome to the boards! As you can see we have a LOT of people here. The fact that Cousins doesn't carry any AGD stuff has been long known around here so people dont even ask anymore. Are we going to see that change?

AGD

FREDATCOUSINS
05-04-2003, 01:03 PM
Sure Mantis the player pass makes any fill 1/2 price or your all day air is $7.00 .. %30 off

Tom if possible can you have someone from sales dept. contact Steve Cusano. He is now our company Buyer .. And takes cair of all ordering for stores (5) and fields (4) ..
I will also pass a word to him that the jersey location has a demand for AGD . Steves e-mail steave@cousinspaintball.com His phone is 631 243 1100

THANKS
FRED

PzYcO
05-04-2003, 01:33 PM
cousins..lower..paint..price..DAMNIT!...

FREDATCOUSINS
05-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Buy a player pass at 74.53 for draxxus at a Primo play field is not bad at all .

hmmm I get a steak at foodtown for 7 bucks why do i pay 20 bucks for it at great restaurant ?

Cost sometimes is a reflection on what you will get when you go to a play site . Our reffs all have radios , gog cleaner , straight shot squeeges , pocket cronos on head reff .. 1 reff for every 10 playes on the field . Site is clean with fun corses .

madmatt151
06-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Not to sound like a sceptic, but Tom can have his sales dept. call COusin all they want, they haven't sold AGD stuff in years, like almost 10. I recently went into the Franklin Suare Store to get an air fill and when I showed them my ULE mag they all looked at me like I brought in an alien. No one at a Cousins Store knows ANYTHING about AGD stuff, and they are one of the biggest retail paintball stores in this area. One of the salesmen said something like, "I heard of this new leve 10 thing that helps it not chop." That was the extent of thier AGD knowledge. But, they were amazed at how light my marker was and how it looked. You guys have to do something about this, but I will restate the fact that you guys are great at running a field. Now is that discount card available in the Paintball Long Island location?

Also, that discount card isn't mentioned ANYWHERE on the Playpaintball site. How would we know about it unless you told us.

AGD
06-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by FREDATCOUSINS

Tom if possible can you have someone from sales dept. contact Steve Cusano. He is now our company Buyer .. And takes cair of all ordering for stores (5) and fields (4) ..
I will also pass a word to him that the jersey location has a demand for AGD . Steves e-mail steave@cousinspaintball.com His phone is 631 243 1100

Thanks Fred will do!!!

AGD

PzYcO
06-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FREDATCOUSINS
Buy a player pass at 74.53 for draxxus at a Primo play field is not bad at all .

hmmm I get a steak at foodtown for 7 bucks why do i pay 20 bucks for it at great restaurant ?

Cost sometimes is a reflection on what you will get when you go to a play site . Our reffs all have radios , gog cleaner , straight shot squeeges , pocket cronos on head reff .. 1 reff for every 10 playes on the field . Site is clean with fun corses .

it says 100$ a case for paint on your website :rolleyes:

FREDATCOUSINS
06-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Its best that I speek for my site in NJ ( If you never played here you should )I am a manager in Jersey . Here is the manager in Long Islands outdoor fields e-mail kenny@cousinspaintball.com you can ask him if he has the passes at his field for you to get.

Yes our Draxxus is 94.34 + tax = 100 bucks ..

But we offer and no its not on the web site atm a player discount card . cost is 79.00 a year. You get $21.00 off a case of paint $5.00 off enty 1/2 prce fills . If you are shooting a case a day it will take 3 visits about to get back you 79.00 investment , After that you are saveing alot of cash if you are playing at our fields . This is what it says on the player pass you sign:

As a player pass member, I agree to follow all safty and conduct rules of the field. I understand that the pass is valid for on year and entitles me to the discounts that are affiliated with the pass The priceing discounts with the pass may change throughout the year .

I understand and acceptthat the paint purchased with the pass is for use by the member only and the member is limited to one case per day at the discounted price .

I understand and accept that the pass not valid for certain events such as Big Game and tournaments.

I understand thet the pass may be revoked for misconduct based on the discretion of the managment .

Now that being all sayed for our company to grow , maintain a high level of service ,investors want to see a return on the long hours, pay monster rents in NY and NJ we sell premo paint for premo price.

For the player who comes to our sites all the time there is a discount to be had in the form of a player pass card . Now over the years we have had Problems with abuse with this system and we are not so fond if it to be honest and maybe thats why its NOT out on the web site .

Hope this helps ...
Fred

FREDATCOUSINS
06-01-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by madmatt151
Not to sound like a sceptic, but Tom can have his sales dept. call COusin all they want, they haven't sold AGD stuff in years, like almost 10. I recently went into the Franklin Suare Store to get an air fill and when I showed them my ULE mag they all looked at me like I brought in an alien. No one at a Cousins Store knows ANYTHING about AGD stuff, and they are one of the biggest retail paintball stores in this area. One of the salesmen said something like, "I heard of this new leve 10 thing that helps it not chop." That was the extent of thier AGD knowledge. But, they were amazed at how light my marker was and how it looked. You guys have to do something about this, but I will restate the fact that you guys are great at running a field. Now is that discount card available in the Paintball Long Island location?

Also, that discount card isn't mentioned ANYWHERE on the Playpaintball site. How would we know about it unless you told us.

I just want to respond about the part Nobody knows ANYTHING about AGD . I posted about the discount card and hope that clears up some things :)

In Franklin sq store you will meet the Manager Ellio he owns a Auto Mag with a Cousins logo on it he knows the guns real well . I tryed to pry this gun away from him for yeras and he just will not part with it . You may have met newer salesperson who dont know as much as another guys about a marker . To be honest I could not help you with an Angel and I been in the sport for over 17 years .Justin at the Deer Park store is if not the best he is one of the best gun techs in NY and knows all AGD markers inside and out .

You can help AGD and your self as to this by e-mailing the buyer for the company . To steave@cousinspaintball.com Let your voice be heard . We want players imput (pro and con) and we do respond ....

Fred