PDA

View Full Version : Just say "NO" to loader drilling!

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Seen alot of folks drilling their hoppers to get the hose into the right position, especially on the warp breach Xtreme which almost comes out of the body at a right angle. If you add the 90 degree adapter you're still sticking out to far. Ideally I'd like to see Tom's bottom feed adapter.

Here is my proposed warp body for all mags that will eliminate the need to drill your loader without resorting to purchasing the inferior Eggo :)

I'm working on a warp breach next that doesn't come out of the marker at a right angle.

-Evil Bob

** EDIT - Did a little measuring, moved the feed port in closer **

EsPo
01-17-2003, 03:48 PM
very nice! im impressed, i havent seen one like that yet!:D

tobz
01-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Very interesting!!! Good point...

-tobz

Haven't drilled mine...

....yet...

will I have to drill a HALO B?

Gunga
01-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Looks interesting...but it looks like it'd be a major pain to clean if you chop a ball.

V-Viper
01-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Gunga
Looks interesting...but it looks like it'd be a major pain to clean if you chop a ball .
LoL, and whats that? :D

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 04:01 PM
The reason the feed port sticks out as far as it does is to clear the rail and leave enough room for the hose adapter to connect. With some teaking we could get it a little closer/tighter.

-Evil Bob

digitard
01-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Its all about just melting the hopper :)

I like the body though, I'm interested for my upcoming emag (even though its already warp left)

Sincerely,
Dave K

Hexis
01-17-2003, 04:15 PM
I would direct your attention to the bottom of the linked image, to the feed modules:

Hexis' Dream Mag Entry (http://www.visi.com/~mjb/Paintball/Hexis-DreamEMag.jpg)

;)

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by digitard
Its all about just melting the hopper :)

I like the body though, I'm interested for my upcoming emag (even though its already warp left)

Sincerely,
Dave K

But who wants to melt a $150 hopper? Especially if you want to use it on another marker?

-Evil Bob

sniper1rfa
01-17-2003, 04:22 PM
why doesnt he just make all rails from now on with a spot milled off for an angled down feed tube...?

thats what i did on my mayhem (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64175).

although, granted, the rail is much bigger in relation to the body on a 'mag...

Statik7
01-17-2003, 04:24 PM
very nice, i wish i was that good at lightwave

digitard
01-17-2003, 04:24 PM
lol ... I was talking about my 12v Revvy w/ xboard ... and 7 dollar replacement shells..lol

Sincerely,
Dave K

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Hexis
I would direct your attention to the bottom of the linked image, to the feed modules:

Hexis' Dream Mag Entry (http://www.visi.com/~mjb/Paintball/Hexis-DreamEMag.jpg)

;)

Yeah, that's what I'm shooting for here Hexis, but without the feed plug on the xtreme breach, more along the lines of curved path from the bottom 90 degrees into the chamber.

-Evil Bob

AGD
01-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Believe me guys we were looking at this just this morning trying to get a side feed for the ULE bodies. The problem is clearing the rail, you have to cut out a big chunk to make it work. We are going to make a few and see if people can cut up their own rails.

AGD

billmi
01-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Bob - first of all, Lightwave rocks! I've been a Lightwave user since version 1.0 and used to teach seminars in it's use at Fresno State. Stuart Fergusun and Allen Hastings rock as well. Back in the day, the Lightwave mailing list had some 60-80 people on it, and someone would ask about how to do something in Modeler, and Stuart would post an AREXX macro to automatically do it the same day.

On to the topic.... I prefer to use a Ricochet loader with the Warp, which bypasses the whole issue of bending or cutting the loader entirely.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Dayspring
01-17-2003, 05:12 PM
The reason people drill the hopper is so the warp/hopper combination can sit tight. This sticks out just as far, if not farther than the hose. I think you'd see the same problem...

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by billmi
Bob - first of all, Lightwave rocks! I've been a Lightwave user since version 1.0 and used to teach seminars in it's use at Fresno State. Stuart Fergusun and Allen Hastings rock as well. Back in the day, the Lightwave mailing list had some 60-80 people on it, and someone would ask about how to do something in Modeler, and Stuart would post an AREXX macro to automatically do it the same day.

On to the topic.... I prefer to use a Ricochet loader with the Warp, which bypasses the whole issue of bending or cutting the loader entirely.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Yeah, I've been using LW since 4.0, got hooked on it from a LW users group in Minnesota, been using it ever since.

The Rico solves alot of those problems due to it's shape, but I can outshoot the Rico easily, the only loader that can keep up with me is the halo.

-Evil Bob

shartley
01-17-2003, 05:28 PM
But I thought EVERYONE had Lightwave! ;)

Yes, it is very good. I have used (and have) both Lightwave and 3DSM, and I recommend Lightwave every time. :D

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
The reason people drill the hopper is so the warp/hopper combination can sit tight. This sticks out just as far, if not farther than the hose. I think you'd see the same problem...

Very true, most people drilled or melted their shells to bring the warp/hopper in closer to the marker, make it much tighter. You can do the same with a small modification to the warp feed mounting bracket (comparison posted below) and improve how far your elbow hangs out.

The vertical feed won't cause the same problem since the hose is not exiting at an angle and getting in the way of the hopper. On the Emag, the rail comes up even with the body itself laterally, so the feed port doesn't need to protrude too much to get the hose adapter on it. I don't really see any problem with it.

-Evil Bob

Old pic of my warp bracket mod comparison with an old pre BE 12v revy. In the bottom most pics, you can see my bro's arm against the warp forcing his elbow out. Moving the warp bracket perpendicular to the grip frame alleviates this problem entirely, my bro is able to tuck his elbow in. The best part is ZERO DRILLING :)

Jonno06
01-17-2003, 07:09 PM
can you explain how to put the warp bracket on like that?..thanx

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 07:15 PM
Easy enough, drill a third hole that allows you to mount it at a right angle to the grip frame.

-Evil Bob

Army
01-17-2003, 07:18 PM
But I like the "what the..?" looks from other players when they see my drilled Revvy:)

Schnitzel
01-17-2003, 07:36 PM
evil bob beat me to it....

i have done the same thing....all it does is pushes my warp tube forward...no drilling, melting, or redesigning the body. all ot takes is drilling a hole through 1/8" aluminum.

Evil Bob
01-17-2003, 07:53 PM
John Sosta AGDE drilled it out when he put my emag together when I lived in the UK, he does that to all the warp brackets. It makes a big difference in placement, shifts the weight of the halo back a bit for the marker really balances out nicely, allows you to tuck your shoulder and elbow in nicely, and it gets the warp/hopper in tight to the marker.

-Evil Bob

Doc Nickel
01-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Well, it's not a 'Mag, but since I just function-tested this last night, I figured I'd show it off.

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/warpcocker.jpg

It's a modified body with a RaceGun frame using the new leaf board with a warp interface. I ran out of paint last night, so it's only tested with about a half-hopperful so far, but it seems to feed just fine.

Doc.

EsPo
01-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Army
But I like the "what the..?" looks from other players when they see my drilled Revvy:)
i like that also :)
evil bob: my warp mounting bracket doesnt have 2 holes like a normal one would, it has like slots, i'd take a pic, but the digi cam ran out of juice :( 2morrow ill get one..

cledford
01-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Doc Nickel
Well, it's not a 'Mag, but since I just function-tested this last night, I figured I'd show it off.

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/warpcocker.jpg

It's a modified body with a RaceGun frame using the new leaf board with a warp interface. I ran out of paint last night, so it's only tested with about a half-hopperful so far, but it seems to feed just fine.

Doc.

Doc,

I've got a body I can ship out tomorrow. please email me at cledford@cw.net and let me know how much. Don't worry about turn around time - I can wait.

-Calvin

Muzikman
01-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Doc,
Sell me that gun right now...But first move the pneumatics to the side of the gun as in a reversed cocker and mill and ano the body.

FalconGuy016
01-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Where on the website is the 30 day trial?

Automaggin2
01-18-2003, 03:03 AM
Am i the only person who sees a problem with this? Doesnt feeding at a 90 degree angle actually slow down or restrict the flow of the balls compared to feeding at say a 60 degree angle? I say this because it wont work like power feed because its pointed downwards, it would actually push them down wont it? The balls would bounce of the side ( walls (cause of blowback) and slow down and maybe drop because of gravity,causing a slower feed rate, or chopped balls. Also, i think the balls can directly press on there center point and causing them to just yield (its hard to explain what im thinking).

Anyways, if it was more of an angle you would make a direct line into the chamber, causing a faster feed.

folder504
01-18-2003, 01:43 PM
Hmm, I ought to try the bracket modification for my warp on my Stingray. The hose does get in the way of my Revvy.

yeahthatsme
01-19-2003, 09:27 PM
hows this coming agd/evil bob? does it work?

FalconGuy016
01-20-2003, 12:05 AM
Where can I get this 30 day trial?

Doc Nickel
01-20-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Doc,
Sell me that gun right now...But first move the pneumatics to the side of the gun as in a reversed cocker and mill and ano the body.

-Be happy to. In fact, I'd like to see it milled and annoed and put into the hands of somebody who can actually give it a heavy onfield test. (It's winter up here, 'taint nobody playin'.)

Just keep in mind a one-off 'Cocker body, reversed pneumatics, RaceGun grip, AKA LP internals, Warp, Rev and LP Max flow won't necessarily be cheap. :D

Doc.

Evil Bob
01-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
Am i the only person who sees a problem with this? Doesnt feeding at a 90 degree angle actually slow down or restrict the flow of the balls compared to feeding at say a 60 degree angle? I say this because it wont work like power feed because its pointed downwards, it would actually push them down wont it? The balls would bounce of the side ( walls (cause of blowback) and slow down and maybe drop because of gravity,causing a slower feed rate, or chopped balls. Also, i think the balls can directly press on there center point and causing them to just yield (its hard to explain what im thinking).

Anyways, if it was more of an angle you would make a direct line into the chamber, causing a faster feed.

Nope, nothing wrong with feeding at 90 degrees, that's what the current emag warp feed body feeds in at is a 90 degree angle to the bore, the current warp feed breach for the xtreme feeds at a right angle as well. Also keep in mind that the warp is force feeding the rounds every time the trigger is pulled, so gravity is only an issue when it comes to feeding the warp itself, which is a complete non issue with a HALO sitting on it.

-Evil Bob

thecavemankevin
01-20-2003, 05:21 PM
I made a special bracket that solves my revy/hose problem.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=307875

more pics at http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35391&highlight=caveman+debuts+the+club