PDA

View Full Version : what's next?

TheJester
01-17-2003, 04:29 PM
ok, well all know that AGD has put alot of stuff out recently. but what's next? it seems that most of the stuff that AGD has put out has been geard towards electronics...x-mag, new triger to name a few. but what about us mechanical folk? what's in store for us who own minimags, and automag classics, even RT owners. what do we have to look forward too????

for you search people, i've done one, and i know about the other thread that's similar to this, and have read it, but it's not what i was looking for.

Load SM5
01-17-2003, 04:43 PM
What about ULE rails, slug bodies, the aluminum ULE bodies, X-valve and level 10?

Most of the new stuff that I've seen has been directed towards regular mags and RT's.

Other than the trigger, what recently has come out specifically for E users?

AGD
01-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Ya know it's just never enough for you guys....

AGD

digitard
01-17-2003, 04:57 PM
The fact that my Classic valve lasted 5yrs and still outshot a good chunk of markers out there ... thats amazing.

Now I'm getting my Emag ... who cares whats next, lol, cause Im not chopping balls, I'm not even able to outshoot my valve, I've got a good shot pattern in rapid fire and the list goes on.

But I think Tom said the next thing they're working on is a set of Efficiancy upgrades.

But I'm happy where I am ... gracias!

Sincerely,
Dave K

shartley
01-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Ya know it's just never enough for you guys....

AGD
And I would hope NOT. ;):D

Any company that is not growing, is dieing. Any product line that does not change or expand, is becoming stagnant… and thus will be passed up by the competition. I don’t know any other Paintball company that is not coming up with new things, or variants of the old things.

So… consider it a compliment that folks are eager to see what AGD will come out with next. And I too would love to see more attention to the mechanical marker market. We seem to be the red headed stepchildren only to get the leftovers…. But your mechanical markers are FANTASTIC! They deserve attention too. ;)

And I somehow doubt that even you, Tom, are ever truly satisfied, or had “enough”. :D I don’t see it as being part of your nature….. so how could you expect any less from your customers? :) It’s all good!

Load SM5
01-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Hey I was'nt complaining, I was just making a point. I think new stuff is coming out for both guns just fine. Any faster and I would be broke if I bought them all.

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Hey, I've posted nonstop for the last little while about why things aren't changing and AGD has done a great job. The lighter parts, affordable RT/Lvl 10 setup (not to mention the Lvl 10 itself, AGD's 2nd chance for capturing to market, the Intelliframe, they have made huge improvements to their mechanical markers. The XMag revolutionized their electronic markers. I am very happy with what they have done and think they got the right idea.

But Shartley is right. AGD had a stagnant couple of years and lost alot of the market. My Lvl 7 Stock Minimag was laughed at and definitely had it's problems with chopping. Not to mention ugly (sorry, it is) and customers would rather buy a marker that looks good. So AGD lost sales to other companies. It was affordable innovations that boosted the sales of old and new Mags. Chopping? Fixed with a very effective upgrade. Looks? New bodies looking good, although I hope affordable for those of us with the old bodies. Efficiency? They're working on it. Trigger pull? OK, here's one. It was improved by the Intelliframe but the on/off pressure and sear use makes the pull still a little heavy. There's somewhere where they can make an improvement (innovation) and further improve their older markers. The EMag and XMag are looking good but evolving is always good. Not everyone can afford an electric marker. If I could get my Minimag to have a far lighter pull and still maintain a high ROF I would stick with mechanical. The market is evolving to demand the benefits of electrics but an improved mechanical marker can hold AGD's share of the $300-800 market. Or else Impulses might improve and steal it.

I am totally happy with what they have now. But if something better comes along I'm going to go for that, even if it is not AGD. That's business and with the game evolving as it is and XMags being hard to find and in the 1200 range, it's no wonder people want more out of their mechanical Mags or looking elsewhere. Keep going Tom, you're almost there but it's not something you can just stop and expect to hold that market share. If you have to, make E-frames that retro-fit mags and get them to current users at a great price. No frills, just affordable improvements and reliability. Mags will rise even higher than they have.

TheJester
01-17-2003, 09:25 PM
ok, so maybe i'm expecting too much, i am still kinda new to mags (september) so maybe this trend has just spoiled me, but thanks for the heads up at least.

ps, i think minimags are cool looking thank you

Trigger_Happy
01-17-2003, 11:12 PM
I have to agree about the trigger pull on non-electo mags. I shot a hinged cocker and an intelli mag one after the other and didn't like the results. I'm WAAAAY too sold on mags to ever use a cocker over this issue, but is there anything that can be done?

FooTemps
01-17-2003, 11:15 PM
hey tom! Don't be get too annoyed... people asking for MORE is GOOD... That means people want your products.

FESTUS33
01-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by shartley
consider it a compliment that folks are eager to see what AGD will come out with next. And I too would love to see more attention to the mechanical marker market. We seem to be the red headed stepchildren only to get the leftovers…. But your mechanical markers are FANTASTIC! They deserve attention too. ;) It’s all good!

AHHH!!
Red Headed Stepchild
Must be beaten about head and shoulder's!!!:eek:
J.K. Sam
I've helped Tom with quite a bit of proto-testing
in the past 5-6 yr's'. I think what is happening
right now. Is an overload of demand for all the
new stuff he's been working on in the past couple
of year's{E-Mag/Warp Feed/LVL10/X-Mag/X-Valve}
has made it a little difficult for him to
keep up with the demand's, in the
mechanical marker's area. Y'All be patient
and I see good thing's comin yo way.
Rick
:eek:

BTW I edited the livin heck out of you're
quote:D

Emagster
01-17-2003, 11:50 PM
I would have to say that Tom has done an OUTSTANDING job with all the things that have been coming form AGD lately. I suggest that once the X-mag production is up an running smoothly...take a WELL deserved vacation. go to the beach, go skiing, go look for fossils. just get some rest. You've been worked to death by us AO'ers.

p.s.

Tom...your awesome. i lvoe you products and I believe with what is coming from AGD right now is WAY above the level that most the other companies are working at

Ov3rmind
01-17-2003, 11:56 PM
The short time I've been on AO (a little over a year), I've seen AGD do countless innovations to their guns:
- Lvl 10
- Modular Breech
- Freaking Extreme Mag (in two milling patterns)
- No Rise bodies
- Sluggo Bodies
- Super Bolt (may have failed, but was still a new idea)
- Aluminum Valve
- X Valve
- They're also working on that new trigger with Oddysee
- Just before I joined, the Intelliframe debted also

IMO, that's a lot of new stuff for one company in that period of time. I think AGD is doing an excellent job so far. Tom is pushing the company back up the ladder, and is refining his products carefully.

The only new things I'd like to see, are a lvl 10 that works well at lower velocities (most of my local feilds are indoors, and chrono between 225 and 250 fps) and maybe a snatch grip (:D ).

FESTUS33
01-18-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
The short time I've been on AO (a little over a year), I've seen AGD do countless innovations to their guns:
- Lvl 10
- Modular Breech
- Freaking Extreme Mag (in two milling patterns)
- No Rise bodies
- Sluggo Bodies
- Super Bolt (may have failed, but was still a new idea)
- Aluminum Valve
- X Valve
- They're also working on that new trigger with Oddysee
- Just before I joined, the Intelliframe debted also

IMO, that's a lot of new stuff for one company in that period of time. I think AGD is doing an excellent job so far. Tom is pushing the company back up the ladder, and is refining his products carefully.

The only new things I'd like to see, are a lvl 10 that works well at lower velocities (most of my local feilds are indoors, and chrono between 225 and 250 fps) and maybe a snatch grip (:D ).

GEEEZZEE!!!!!
Me the first to finish one, forgot to add the sluggo body
to my list.
you can also add the ULE Rail for the mechanical guy's
{it work's on all but the RT Classic and I can fix that
if you want me to} also the ULE Frame. And ULE body on it's
way.
BTW There is a way to get LVL10 to work well at Indoor
velocities, but I'm not sure it's approved by AGD.
I'll leave it at that.
Rick :eek:

And if anyone has a problem with me
adding a paperclip to this thread:p

Ov3rmind
01-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by FESTUS33
BTW There is a way to get LVL10 to work well at Indoor
velocities, but I'm not sure it's approved by AGD.
I'll leave it at that.
Rick :eek:
Oh man, now I'm dying to know!

Originally posted by FESTUS33
And if anyone has a problem with me
adding a paperclip to this thread:p
:mad: ;) :D

Smoke
01-18-2003, 02:06 AM
Yep Rick, LvL 10 works perfectly at indoor velocities. I run mine at 236 at indoors, and it works like a dream!! Oh, by the way Tom, your products are great, we can't get enough!! Because of you, you have made Mags the things to have. Now I can confidently laugh at every cocker or spyder I see, cause I know my mag was developed by THE best. Keep up the good, work, even though I don't see what else you could do. You've conquered everything!!! Let's see, you've made an electro gun, eliminated ball breakage, introduced compresed air, and all the other great stuff. Keep it up Tom, NEVER get discouraged, we all support you!!!!

FESTUS33
01-18-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Oh man, now I'm dying to know!

:mad: ;) :D

P.M. me I might let you in on the secret.
But not tonight I'm going to bed,
I have to shoot trap in the morning.
Rick:eek: