PDA

View Full Version : centerflags chargin me and doing nothing

hardr0ck68
01-17-2003, 05:01 PM
so its been two months total that my mini hyper mag has been at centerflags now, two one month trips in one year. both for the same reason to stop the bleeding thing from chewin bolts so i could put my LX in it

the first time they had me send it in and told me they stood behind there work, and would stop the bolt chewing problem i have been batteling with for over a year now. they also said they would replace the safty that came apart (under normal use) and lodged itself inside the frame refusing to move (had to be pounded out with a punch and hammer so i could keep using the marker that day) all for just the cost of labor because i had sent it in years ago when i just got it to be fixed and it was not done righ tback then. so yeah i get it back, and before i put the LX in i figure i will try it out level 7 just to make sure. it ate a new bolt to the point of uselessness in one day of play....worse than it had ever been!! so yeah i called them up, explained the problem and was told just send it back, with the LX kit (even tho im certified from IAO to install one) and they would fix it free of all charge because they had messed up 2 times before. I get a call today, they want $58 for it AND SAY THE LX WONT WORK IN IT. They claimed to have fixed a problem with the 'noid which was workin fine for me, and charged me for installing a new saftey (i sent them the old one, i was just missing the spring, ball bering, and set screw all of which were lost or destroyed in the process of hammering the saftey out so i could play). So yeah in short i have payed already 60+ for shipping and repairs that HAVE NOT FIXED ANYTHING, and now after being without my marker for 2 months they want another $58 and havent even installed the LX (they say it takes extra tuining because of tolerance issues, i think they know its gonna eat the LX bolt and wont put it in themselves to aviod responcibilty). I have always heard that centerflags had great customer service, but so far i have not been impressed. i am just one person, but i have already paid to much for a product of poor quality.

sorry for the poor spelling, thanks for reading!

dropkick1
01-17-2003, 05:05 PM
yeah, thats one reason why i never trusted the electro frames, just b/c of the bolt wear and i think its a shoddy idea to put one on a mag, o well, i say u sell teh thing or return it if possible and get an intelli frame.

ken

covadsucks
01-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Rocco,
Get rid of the E-Frame, get a retro valve from one of these folks cheap -looks like there is an abundance in the Misc Items for Sale and get an intelliframe. It'll save you a lot of headaches later on. Only a suggestion, hope CF fixes the gun before the MGO.

hardr0ck68
01-17-2003, 05:39 PM
no worries, my main marker is a LX mini, with retro and a i-frame. but i wanted to have this ready, i use it alot for rec ball and as a loaner. i figured i would use it as my primary marker for MGO but if it wont take the LX or is still eating my bolts then screw it. the reason i put a hyperframe on this mini is because i have owned that marker for 4 years now, it was my first tourny level marker and i dident want to replace the valve (the SN is in the 7 thousands, i was told it was probably made in 94ish) it has played for lockout (the owner before me was on the team...) and yeah i just wanted to bring it up to a new level without replacing the valve or body. A electro grip seemed to be the way to go....grrrr. im gonna talk to denis from CF monday, we will see what he says.

covadsucks
01-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Hopefully I'll be lugging two Emags to MGO, if I do, you are more than welcome to the second...

hitech
01-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
Hopefully I'll be lugging two Emags to MGO...

You know, that is just wrong! ;)

covadsucks
01-17-2003, 06:06 PM
No No, my wife said it's ok so I am going to see what I can get away with...If she catches on well then I'll have some explaining to do, but right before we got married I brought home a stray STO and she didn't even notice it till I bought a new hinge trigger for it.:D :D

that "love is blind" phrase is so true...now if only I can hide a Harley in the garage... :p

hitech
01-17-2003, 06:59 PM
And my wife complained because I wanted a warp body for my classic! ;) That much money for just that! Then again, she got me the classic for Christmas in the first place, even though we really couldn't afford it at the time. :D

KayleAGD
01-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey I can send my "personal" E-mag down woth j miller if someone needs it ..

hardr0ck68
01-19-2003, 07:44 PM
so yeah tomarrow i get to talk to Denis, and if he cant make it right for me im not only gonna flame them on every hyperframe post i can find, but also repost my experiance to the better business bureau. its so funny because sometimes i would talk to a tech and they would be super cool and ready to take care of everything for me....then everytime it gets time to get my gear back i get a totaly different side from the customer service reps, who are ushally very nice, grrr.