PDA

View Full Version : HALOs on SFLs?

rdb123
01-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Hey, I'm just wondering if any of you other SFLers out there encounter balls being broken in the breach or doublefeeding past the ball detent due to the HALO?

I noticed that the SFLs only have 1 detent because they thought the ACE would go on the side; which provides less force for the ball to overcome in order to fall out via gravity.

Anyway, I've mainly been experiencing these problems on the HALO A, but I have a HALO B coming in next week (actually, two of them), and I'm hoping those should alleviate the problem.

Therefore, any of the SFL owners have problems with an unusual number of breaks? (Field paint I'm using is severe competitor I think... comes in a greenish box just in case you guys think it might be my paint)

EDIT: Some extra info.... when paint breaks, it breaks right in the breach and shoots out the little hole on the left side of the removable breach. It couldn't be due to chops since I have the ACE activated and the Level10 =)

Thanks

-Ron

BTW, sorry if my post doesn't make too much sense; I just typed it out really quick while on the phone hehe.

agdemagman69
01-17-2003, 08:41 PM
ive had breaks in my breach too, with the same symptoms.... but then i tried a bigger barrel and that fixed it

i've never had a problem with double feeding

Load SM5
01-17-2003, 08:50 PM
I would get an occasional doublefeed with my HALO Bbut nothing resulted in a break. I replaced the stock one with a slightly stiffer one and have had no problems. Another idea would be to finish milling out the other side of the breech and put another soft detent in there, something I plan on doing anyway. I would also plug that other hole regardless, maybe with a broken detent. I think a hole in the breech is a bad idea since dirt, mud or moisture can get in there.

rdb123
01-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Ah, ok cool. I tried it with the stock .689 boomstick and a .692 boomstick and still have the same issues...

I kind of like having the hole there since I can look in and see if there is still a ball in the breach ready to fire even if my HALO is empty. Also, if something breaks in there, I can see/hear/feel/taste it. Lol yeah, that's right, I was shoot my gun once without a mask on and ended up taking a mist of paint blown into my mouth.

-Ron

PsychoBaller
01-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Don't you ever read my posts... heh.....

HaloB runs smooth and crisp on my SFL.... I did what Loady suggested and put it right over my SFL breech module... feeds unbelievably fast...

When I tested it on Wednesday night at a local indoor field (www.shooterspb.com), I went through between 1000-1200 rounds. I only had 2 barrel breaks.. possibly from double feeding.. and both breaks were on Hybrid mode. (using stock 14" SS Matching Tip Boomer)

Other than that... SFL runs smooth

That other detent that is blocked is just an extra one if u were to ever somehow lose the main one. You may want to get that hole plugged up though if ur missing one.

~da baller

rdb123
01-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Ah, alright. Thanks for your responses guys. PsychoBaller, doesn't it feed weird though bending your macro backwards like that? I still keep mine forward and have the key looped on it haha.

-Ron

PsychoBaller
01-18-2003, 02:17 PM
Ron.... a member of the Rutgers Paintball team mentioned bending it around for the time being... cause with it bent the other way... I was not able to use the gun in my right hand.

Therefore, if i had to shoot out the right side of a bunker... it would be pretty uncomfortable and just about impossible to shoot nicely.

For now its bend that way. and I can switch hands very easily... Born Lefty... but using my right is on the up and up :D

~da baller