PDA

View Full Version : Help out a Noob with an RT problem

d0rtigoza
01-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Hey, I havent played for about 3 years now and im just getting into paintball again (great feild up here in orlando where my college is at)

I still have my Mag RT and I want my equipment ready before I hit the feild with my freinds so I'm not fumbling with it later.

K..heres the problem im having: The gun is sometimes double firing, or after firing about 3 shots the trigger is getting stuck in the pressed position and i have to push the bolt back manually with a pencil to get the sear to lock the bolt again

I'm testing the gun right now with 1,200 PSI still in the tank @ 800 psi pressure going to the gun

i have no other gadgets just tank directly feeding to the gun via macroline

i used to have this problem only when my tank was too low to have enough pressure to blow the bolt back all the way...but i still have plenty of air so i dont know what the problem is

can any one help me?

d0rtigoza
01-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Oh sorry for the double post but i forgot if the RT was typical of this or not...im afraid im gonna be chopping paint left and right so where lyes the problem in the tank pressure or something totaly differnt? last time i checked my gun was chronod at about 280-300 so the pressure going into the valve should be fine as well

cheetah256
01-17-2003, 09:15 PM
i had the same problem when i got my RT. check your on/off o ring to see if it dried out. if its not nice and soft, you'll get that....check the powertube tip ring too...

d0rtigoza
01-17-2003, 09:27 PM
ok ill degas the gun open take the valve apart and lube everything in there and check back

my mags pretty damn old i just checked hte airgun designs page and they have E-mags and the RT valve is gone on the RTs or did they just rename it to Re-Tro? is it the same valve?

there are too many electric guns now out on the market i just hope when im at the feild i see some people still using cockers and mags

cheetah256
01-17-2003, 09:38 PM
they redesigned the valve so that its just about the same in function, but fits on a normal body rail. so basically, we're excluded from any of the cool new bodies like the no-rise....

d0rtigoza
01-17-2003, 09:52 PM
have their been any major updates to the RT valve itself even the oldschool one...mines is 4 years old and if memory serves me correct airgun designs updated their guns annualy and if your gun was under warrenty you could get new parts

like i think i got a free sear once because it was "improved"

d0rtigoza
01-17-2003, 10:14 PM
most of my orings were dark brown so im replacing them good thing i have tons of spares but i came across a problem

i just lost a part crap crap and crap

i took the regulator pin apart and their are some black lil spacers on it and i droped one...now the spacings off what does this effect on the gun?

d0rtigoza
01-17-2003, 11:24 PM
THANKS...IT WORKS!!!

i replaced all the o rings and put on a new tighter bolt spring

i have a spacer kit too but i recall spacing it correctly

cheetah256
01-17-2003, 11:44 PM
i don't know of any big updates...

d0rtigoza
01-17-2003, 11:46 PM
thanks again cheetah....also for future reference i think also what majorly helped the problem was the tighter new bolt spring

the old worn one was about 2/3 the length of the new one

the loose spring prolly wasnt cocking it fast enough causing double fire and if it couldnt cock at all the bolt stick

but then again brown dry O-rings dont help either