PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to break down the PSP,NPPL, X-BALL thing

lonsch
01-18-2003, 02:40 AM
Im confused as to how the hole thing is going down this season. Like is X-Ball separate from psp,nppl? what is division 1 or 2 x-ball. nppl is still 10 man? what will everyone be playing?

yeahthatsme
01-18-2003, 01:31 PM
ok, heres the deal, the psp will be running 10 and 5 man tournaments and xball tournaments, the nppl will run 7 man tourneys. thats about it.

Josh2Xtremes
01-18-2003, 03:20 PM
The Paintball Sports Promotions Group, namely Jerry Braun, Renick Miller, the Gardners, National Paintball Supply and DYE for example, will promote five dates across the country that will contain five-man and ten-man events including ten-man pro, and all five of these will also contain the NXL, or National XBall League. This will include various divisions or classifications of teams, including division 1, which to my understanding will be professional.
Conversely, Chuck Hendsch will promote five NPPL Super Seven dates across the US, that will contain various divisions of seven-man competition including a professional division.
Some teams will play both leagues, but those participating in Division 1 XBall will not, to my knowledge, be allowed to play elsewhere. Expect the teams that are heavily sponsored by PSP ownership companies like Smart Parts, DYE, National Paintball Supply or Shocktech to play PSP events while the rest can make their own choices or do as their sponsors require. We'll see how it ends up. Hope this helps! :D
Josh

lonsch
01-19-2003, 01:10 AM
thanks josh. are the pro x-ball teams still going to do 10 man. it would be a shame to see 10 man die. :(

PsychoBaller
01-19-2003, 02:33 AM
What corporations will be holding tournaments with larger than 10man teams ? such as 15-20 man ?

Cause its recently come to light (ive been invited to play with/tryout rather) that a team I know of is looking to build up to a 20 man team.....

Just wondering

~da baller

Riot[Z-Grip]
01-19-2003, 09:52 AM
And to confuse matters event more:

PSP Website = http://www.nppl.com

NPPL Website = http://www.nppl.info [Or at least I thought, it's coming up with an error message now...]

:D

-Riot

Josh2Xtremes
01-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Well, there are no tournaments officially sanctioned or held for competition between teams larger than ten-man that I know of. In the old days, before ten-man, the professional league was comprised of several fifteen-man teams but those days are long gone. Scenario teams or tournament teams looking to field more than one squad may want more than their core number of members but only ten, seven, five or three of them can be on the field at once depending on the major tournament at which they play.
The Super Seven website is now located at www.nppl.tv
The PSP's website is still www.nppl.com

yeahthatsme
01-19-2003, 12:08 PM
i think both groups are acting childish with this split and i think its a new low that the psp is holding onto the nppl name, i wish they would grow up and stop screwing paintball.

AGD
01-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Just to clarify

PSP events:
Pro Xball- 8 teams and the teams can not play anything else. You can not decide to play, its a closed franchise deal.

Div 1 Xball- if you were ranked last year you can get into this. The big deal is no cash prizes only certs.

Div 2 Xball- Same as div 1 but for the lower ranked teams

Pro 10 and 5 - Same as its always been with cash prizes.

Am and Novice 10 and 5 - Same as always.

This is the way it was explained to me at the PSP press conference.

AGD

01-19-2003, 06:55 PM
I am pretty sure Ground Zero (NY Xtreme) will be playing xball and so will BL Ironmen (SF intimidators)/ Miami effect (Chris lasoyas new team)

Python14
01-19-2003, 07:34 PM
So what you are saying is top level competition play is a joke and I should quit wishing I was a pro?

magmonkey
01-19-2003, 08:48 PM
I realy don't know if I like the idea of the xball franchise deal ... the way it was explained to me is if your team joins (by paying the franchise fee) xball has part ownership and part control of your team............ bad juju. One thing I love about paintball is that you can go out and compete against the top level teams....and i think that xball will kill this aspect of the game