PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Mag barrel???

meloco14
01-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Can anyone recommend a good Mag barrel? Preferably aluminum, I want my gun as light as possible. I have used and All American and Bigshot, and of the two I prefer the Bigshot, can anyone recommend anything else? Thanks

yeahthatsme
01-18-2003, 05:53 PM
depends on what kind of paint you use, you need a barrel that can match the bore size of you paint, i would suggest a barrel kit of some sorts.

ShatteredFaith
01-18-2003, 06:02 PM
DYE ultralights are good.. if you have a big wallet you should consider a freak kit or an evil pipe (get an adapter or a ULE body)

HoppysMag
01-18-2003, 06:02 PM
forget aluminum, look into a J&J ceramic or thier edge kit

ShatteredFaith
01-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
forget aluminum, look into a J&J ceramic or thier edge kit Isn't a ceramic teflon-impregnated aluminum though? Don't see much difference there... although I have to agree the ceramic is a good barrel, just make sure you buy it from a local store so u can blow test it. During the coating process bores can vary... I had a ceramic once that took a ridiculously large bore paint, like .693

meloco14
01-18-2003, 07:33 PM
hmm, thanks so far. I use mostly Blaze and El Tigre, so right around medium, .689 paint. I'm looking to spend around $50-$75, unless there is a barrel for more that is well worth it...

Matt Crawford
01-18-2003, 08:40 PM
ONE WORD

FREAK

HoppysMag
01-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by ShatteredFaith
Isn't a ceramic teflon-impregnated aluminum though? Don't see much difference there... although I have to agree the ceramic is a good barrel, just make sure you buy it from a local store so u can blow test it. During the coating process bores can vary... I had a ceramic once that took a ridiculously large bore paint, like .693

picky picky... yes tecnicaly its an ceramic coated teflon intergrated alluminum barel ( or so im told) but the Aluminum doesnt really come in contact with the ball;) you called my " Bluff":D

mxheadrm
02-17-2003, 11:40 AM
J&J are super... very accurate and quiet.

Hemorrhage
02-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Yes with the DYE Ultralite you are paying mostly for the name. But it is a damn good barrel. Really really really light. And this years model is 2 piece. So if you want an All American front/back you can switch it out. My friend has a freak kit. And he uses the blue insert, just because it matches his gun color. He doesn't use a paint to bore match. In my experiance that isn't that important. I use all the cheap paint, Viewloader, Brass Eagle, Sheridan, and this type of RPS paint that no ones heard of: Super Swirl (picked it up at Walmart). And, like I always say, if all else fails, GO FOR LOOKS!!!(by the way DYE also makes an aluminum barrel that's not too shabby and easy on the wallet. And always shop Action Village, despite what others say just make sure it's in stock, and order over 100 bucks so you get free shipping, it's the best. That's my well I guess dollars worth since my opinions are so highly valued with my fellow members here on AO.:D

cannedheat
02-17-2003, 01:17 PM
I have a 10inch CP aluminum barrel, it is very nice and not to bad on the wallet

ghideon
02-18-2003, 05:45 AM
16 inch All American (older style), 14 inch Bigshot and 12 inch Autospirit. That's what I use. The two Lapcos are all that I'll ever need.