PDA

View Full Version : LX chopping, really really really really really bad

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
01-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Ok I played today.
Before I get started here is my set up:
RTP
12 v, that keeped jamming on balls grrr, not feeding well
LX using 2 shims, 1.5 carrier i think(dot, line)
Nitro
Good paint to barrel match with a no name barrel I dont know and big ball
all nubbins are good(wire, no p, i think i might need some plastic ones), so are the orings, oh yeah and a blue bumper since my clear one was in shreds
kinda cold today

Well ok first game, chop chop choppity chop chop, not barrel breaks( some were tho), chops, and it wasnt coming out of the power feed hole(but some did and i set my level ten where it would stop on balls:rolleyes: ), but rather where the nubbin is so I think its some where in that area. Some times the balls would just blow at the tip so i think the barrel is bad too, then mysteriously it stopped. 2nd game was fine, nothing. hisses occasionally but they go away when i fire it once so i think there must be a reg oring that needs to be replaced. but then 3rd games rolls over again and same thing happens, 4th went away. This is highly confusing and im getting pissed I might just sell my gun since its becoming like my autochopper or send it to AGD to get it looked at(but i rather not since they are busy).

darklord
01-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Short spring? That might be it. The longer the spring the easier the bolt is on paint. The fact that it's cold probably didn't help u much either. Get a new bumper, plastic nubbins, and use a longer spring and then see how it shoots.

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
01-18-2003, 08:15 PM
I tried the longer spring but it doesnt shoot sometimes since it is holding it back so thats annoying, yeah I think Im just going to go to the AGD store and buy...yeah all of it

Havoc_online
01-18-2003, 08:36 PM
make sure your wire nubbins are not broken and actually cutting the paintballs. get plastic.

If it doesnt shoot sometimes with the mid(cut) spring, then make sure your velocity is high enough(chrono'd) make sure your input is high enough.

Use the biggest carrier that doesnt leak, that will be the softest and most reliable.

manike
01-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Did you bounce test your paint?

Sometimes even level 10 will break rubbish paint.

I had some which was literally falling apart at the seams and just couldn't take being fired by any gun. It was breaking in my X-mag, My cocker, matrixes and a GZ Timmy... All guns which normaly have very few issues with breaking paint.

Also if it's bad paint and oval/large you can be breaking it when the mag actually forces it into the barrel (this is often charachterised by paint in the breech and on the bolt but not out the powerfeed...)

What paint were you using? Often buying cheap paint is not actually a saving. It either doesn't fit in the gun or bounces off your targets. I find making sure the paint is decent is very important.

Also you need to make sure your hopper works well.

manike

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
01-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Using big ball, but I guess it was a bad batch since another person was using the exact same stuff in his matrix and it was chopping bad. I guess Ill tune LX again once the shop opens again tuesday *sunday they go practice, monday closed:(* ahh so much fun weeeeeee.

Yeah plastic nubins for me, and new bumper, oh and i need some other things. wow all my money just seems to go away...

and anything above the 1.5 carrier for me leaks:(

Shadow221
01-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
Use the biggest carrier that doesnt leak, that will be the softest and most reliable.
I was under the impression that the tighter the carrier the softer on paint.

Havoc_online
01-18-2003, 11:27 PM
nope, tighter carrier means higher operating pressure which means faster bolt(PLUS, bolt stick, inconsistent velocities, the constant need for oil, etc.)

stick to the biggest carrier that doesnt leak, it'll take less pressure to move it and that will be soft(as far as carrier fit is concerned)

paint magnet
01-19-2003, 01:57 PM
Some hints:

If you think it's the nubbin, take it out completely and shoot balls one at a time. If they stopped breaking, then that was your problem.

You could also be outshooting your loader, check to make sure it has fresh batteries (i had mine in the car overnight with new batteries and the cold weather completely killed them, so check that too)

Crap paint that is broken by LX will usually end up breaking in your hopper and pods too, so that's easy to fix, try something with a thicker shell too, at least for the winter. My Angel tolerates just about anything that doesn't break in the hopper.

Are you shortstroking it any? I mean LX is supposed to eliminate chopping but nothings perfect.

Maybe it's the barrel? I shot a Smart parts barrel, broke about every 50 balls, switched to TASO and a Crown point, 3 breaks in 1000 rounds of $35/ case paint, in my mag with no level 10 (i don't even have a foamie on the bolt either and it was snowing)

I'll trade you my .68 Automag for your RTP if you want to:p