PDA

View Full Version : Micro or Macro er...

Hemorrhage
01-19-2003, 03:54 PM
I use micro line now. From the bottom line straight to the valve, one hose. My gun doesn't shoot very far, and it seems not very far. It only operates in a certain area of my velocity adjuster. (i.e. too loose not enough air, too tight too much air, just right it operates nicely) But the velocity isn't that high. I was wondering if I got a macro line would it give me more velocity, or what. I'm not the best and brightest when it comes to Nitro with my gun. So basicly should I get macro or stay with micro?

LaW
01-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Macro line is better man You are running a preset hpa system which is like 800-850psi.... microline burst pressure is around 250 :) micro is restrictive.... So yes, go macro... safer and you will get air to your marker

Kevmaster
01-19-2003, 04:12 PM
1) Micro's burst pressure is NOT 250psi...its around 1000. As is Macro. They have the same burst ratings usually

2) Macro line has twice the diameter that Micro line has, which means FOUR times the area in a cross section.

I would recommend getting Macroline or SS hose. Micro just isnt worth anything. I dont know if that will sloveyour prolbme, but it should help. TunaMan here on AO sells Macroline and fittings at a great price and he has a great rep here on the forums. I highly recommend dealing with him

LaW
01-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
1) Micro's burst pressure is NOT 250psi...its around 1000. As is Macro. They have the same burst ratings usually

2) Macro line has twice the diameter that Micro line has, which means FOUR times the area in a cross section.

I would recommend getting Macroline or SS hose. Micro just isnt worth anything. I dont know if that will sloveyour prolbme, but it should help. TunaMan here on AO sells Macroline and fittings at a great price and he has a great rep here on the forums. I highly recommend dealing with him

I have never had macro hose burst on me. I have had countless amount of micro hose burst however. The stuff is just weak.

FalconGuy016
01-19-2003, 04:17 PM
I use macro, its fine

PsychoBaller
01-19-2003, 07:02 PM
I've been running Macro for the last couple o years, on my RT Original, Sniper2, MicroCocker, and now my SFL Emag

For years on my RT Original ive been running at least 800psi on the line to the gun. The hose has never been faulty.

The stuff works great, Ive never had a hose line burst/rupture.. and its much more flexible in terms of how u want to position your Air Flow Setup... rather than the SS hose which is pretty set n solid.

Go with da macro.

~da baller

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Yes macro is the best way to go micro is to fleamsey and steel braided is just so much work macro is your best beat and should solve your problem but thats just assumpition

Mossman
01-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Macro or SS is better but hosing isnt your problem bro....

BobTheCow
01-20-2003, 01:13 AM
hey, sumbody on AO should make a comic strip..."MACRO-MAN", his sidekick can be braided steel.....they could destroy "micro-man" just by lookin at him funny, or sneezing, or sumthin....IF ONLY I COULD DRAW!!:rolleyes:

PsychoBaller
01-20-2003, 03:39 AM
BobTheCow...... ur a sad sad little man..... :D

~da "hehehheh" baller

Hemorrhage
01-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mossman
Macro or SS is better but hosing isnt your problem bro....

What's my problem then?

Trigger_Happy
01-21-2003, 07:04 PM
Your magic elves must be on strike:D